Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some GM6 Examples.  (Read 3650 times)

Some GM6 Examples.
« on: November 22, 2007, 12:58:55 am »
Here Are Some Tutorials I made a time ago.(GM6 ALL)
All Links take to file directly, no need to go to any page and click more...except the huge mario and zelda source, didn't want to upload that on my site.
Boss HUD bar:
Here:Download
Info:How To Make a Simple HUD bar(with sprites) that Stays On The Boss's Head.
Click on the Goomba with the left button of the mouse to decrease the health.
Double HUD Tutorial:
Info:Shows How To Make Double.Two HUD bars.
ButterFly Example
Info:How To Make a Simple ButterFly Move Around(Perfect for RPG Games)
Goomba Tutorial:
Info:A Simple A.I Tutorial of How to Make a Goomba.Walks by Itself, Bounce(Change Direction) on Walls.
HUD Tutorial:
Info:Shows How To Make a HUD with Animated Helath-Bar Has a Score System, Life Counter and Bomb Counter.
The Bomb Counter Was a Copy of the Life Counter, to Show How To Create New Counters.
It Has a Limitation, For Example You Can't Get Passed 99 Lives or 99 Bombs, When The Score Gets to 100000 You Get An Extra Life and it Sets The SCore Back to 0.
Anything Can Be Fixed, Press Space To Test(It Adds One To The Lives/Bombs One Less To The Health and Score +100)
Mario Source:
Info:A Unfinished Engine I was Working On.
Warning:Slopes Are Pretty Buggy Because I Stopped Working On This After I Added The Slopes.
It Contains SMB3 Features such as Mario with Most of his Power-ups:Raccoon,Hammer,Fire,Small,Normal and I'm sure there is one More.
Lot's of Enemies A.I:Goomba,Koopa,Lakitu and More.
Map system with Many Features from the SMW Map System such as climbing swimming and Menu with Resume/Save/Load/Exit Options.
Remember Slopes where the last thing I added and never Finished therefor if I remember correctly only Mario and the Goombas can walk on slopes, Mario can butt-slide on Slopes.
Partner A.I Tutorial:
Info:A Simple A.I Tutorial of How to Make a Partner(could be used for enemy too) follow you and jump when player is on top of a block.
Zelda GM6:
Info:A Zelda Game I never Finished or will Finished.
I thought it'll be selfish from me not to share this since I won't use it, so sharing it it's better than putting it in a folder to never use it again.
It contains two swords, one with slash,charge and spin the other was more of a test so it's like a gun, you slash , when it charges it shoots..nuts!, and then you spin.
It has rolling,crawling,grabbing,picking up,throwing,swimming,climbing and much more of link's action.
Th walking engine was made by Goodnight and some/most of the codes used on enemies and rest are from dlbrooks33.
This has a bunch of unfinished stuff like the ini system, you can create a file,load a file and save a file but since it's unfinished it only saves and loads the amount of rupees...hearts I think and some other globals.
Has flashlight, so just place the object in the objDark sub-folder in the room and it will make everything dark and a light spot around link.
I also used a few scripts with the id function, if you are not familiar with this or are not good with gml then this engine could be a little complicated for you since the use of ids it's the only way I came up to do specific stuff.
There is also an object call...I forgot sorry, I think it's objVariable_Control.
his controls every global, well some of them since it's unfinished.
I made one object and placed it a few times, then check it's id and made a this object which checks if the object chest with id...1900834 has been open it will leave this chest open even after you go to the next room or comeback, how? easy it's persistent xD
well more stuff it's in just check the cods and hope it helps, some sprites don't match but that's because I'm not a very good spriter or was too lazy...oh and it's GM6.
Just one thing, remember it's an unfinished project so it may...it is glitchy at some parts, like trying to crawl and getting stuck to some NPC, I only made it so it doesn't get stuck with the wall object and other solid objects.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:23:34 pm by EDGE »
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
Re: Some GM6 Examples.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 11:43:39 pm »
Partner Tutorial Added.(Platform Style)
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 12:30:58 am »
Added two or three more examples, simple since I don't want to make a whole game engine(even know I made 2) and other simple examples have already been made...not to mention I'm lazy.

PS:I don't feel like making a topic about it so I'll ask this here:
The sword on top of the profiles...what do they mean? does it have to do something with being banned or breaking a rule?...
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:23:30 pm »
New Boss HUD example Added.
l0l wut? o_0

hacker013

Zelda Fan Game Programmer
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 05:10:59 pm »
  • Ura Zelda Project Rocks
je zelda gm6 werkt niet, krijg een read error in het SetVariable object of zoiets :huh:
  • Ura Zelda Project
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 05:29:22 pm »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 49 queries.

anything