Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twilight Princess - Overworld  (Read 11664 times)

Gyrowolf

Twilight Princess - Overworld
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:00:25 am »
I sequenced a midi version of the Twilight Princess Overworld theme that's floating around. Take a listen:
Listen or Right Click and Save As.

[UPDATE!] - Now with soundfonts:
http://gyrowolf.weezyhost.com/music.html

It's towards the bottom. (I can't direct link).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:29:17 am by Gyrowolf »
Re: Twilight Princess - Overworld
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 09:59:06 am »
  • Credits to BaB
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Great job! Although I'd like to re-hear the original .mp3 to compare them. Do you have a link?

You're a great composer, you should join Metroid Prime 2D!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 11:08:18 am »
  • .越//
thats still not the overworld theme... its the e?? menu bgm... but good job

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:43:18 pm »
That's not bad... I've never heard of you, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds the exact same as the original, and there IS programs that can "copy" mp3 files into Midi files.... Although, being a musician as well, I won't bug you about it.

Now for some crits... In general, you have everything perfect, all this song could really benefit from would be some soundfonts, and possibly a secondary track for the flute when it gets up high and sort of wavers, if you know what I mean.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 06:15:56 pm »
  • w00t
Q.K. - I woud like to see where you found an mp3-to-midi program that can produce anything as good as this.  I've tried a few of them myself, and they don't work AT ALL for anything with more than one instrument.  Even if there's just one instrument, it still ends up sounding awful.  The fact that it sounds just like the original is evidence of his skill, not ability to click a single button and have the work done for him. 

That said, great job Gyrowolf, sounds very professionally done.  Definitely one to add to my collection of miscelaneous Zelda midis. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

bran371

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 08:09:03 pm »
INCREDIBLE WORK. I love this MIDI! Nothing to improve, really!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:30:01 pm »
I sequenced a midi version of the Twilight Princess Overworld theme that's floating around. Take a listen:

[edit] I just learned that this was made by a fan, and if that is true, I've pretty much waisted my time. Gotta admit, it was pretty convincing.

Im sorry, i havent seen this, but it sounds the same as the OOT one, or is it just me? Am i missing something here?
  • Elliott Parkinson

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 09:55:20 pm »
  • .越//

[edit] I just learned that this was made by a fan, and if that is true, I've pretty much waisted my time. Gotta admit, it was pretty convincing.

Im sorry, i havent seen this, but it sounds the same as the OOT one, or is it just me? Am i missing something here?

look at my post majora.... i said what it is... its the bgm of the "Twilight Princess E?? Gallery Demo" which was flowting around at E?? 2005 and could be downloadet to the ds and i think i've seen a cartridge screenshot, too. Actually i just "played" the demo...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 10:23:58 pm »
Hey, no worries. I said I wouldn't bug him about it, seeing as it's really nice, I was only curious. And there's always room for improvement, too. Look around for a good piccolo soundfont that you can bend and play around with to get that nice "waver" sound I mentioned.  ;)
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 10:57:59 am »

look at my post majora.... i said what it is... its the bgm of the "Twilight Princess E?? Gallery Demo" which was flowting around at E?? 2005 and could be downloadet to the ds and i think i've seen a cartridge screenshot, too. Actually i just "played" the demo...

Sorry, i missed it, im not used to this resolution and im maknig mistakes. And yes, it sounds almost identical - amazing work there.
  • Elliott Parkinson

Gyrowolf

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 07:40:15 pm »
Thank you all for the awesome replies! So this is from the E3 demo? Very cool! ;D

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Great job! Although I'd like to re-hear the original .mp3 to compare them. Do you have a link?

You're a great composer, you should join Metroid Prime 2D!

Here where I found the original. I've seen it other places too:
Zelda Power

Hey, no worries. I said I wouldn't bug him about it, seeing as it's really nice, I was only curious. And there's always room for improvement, too. Look around for a good piccolo soundfont that you can bend and play around with to get that nice "waver" sound I mentioned.  ;)

If I used soundfont's, you wouldn't be able to hear it unless I converted the song to Mp3, right? ??? I don't know if I did in the version I uploaded, but I changed the flute to 'Pan Flute'. It sounds more like the real thing now. Maybe I'll upload a version using soundfonts (will have to be wav/mp3 though).

Thanks again for the replies! :)

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 07:35:41 am »
That's amazing. Though it IS the E??-boot BGM of TP, it's quite awesome and I'd like to use it in my game as an overworld-music... maybe... It really is as thrilling as the original. :) What program did you use?
  • Me on deviantART

Gyrowolf

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 04:54:26 am »
That's amazing. Though it IS the E??-boot BGM of TP, it's quite awesome and I'd like to use it in my game as an overworld-music... maybe... It really is as thrilling as the original. :) What program did you use?

Thanks! I used Microsoft's DirectMusic Producer.

I've finished a version using sounfonts. Look for it soon. Thanks for the comments everyone! =D

gm112

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 06:40:37 am »
nice work ^_^. your a good composer. ^_^

Gyrowolf

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 05:33:44 pm »
nice work ^_^. your a good composer. ^_^

Thanks. 8) ;D

Here is the version using soundfonts.
Twilight Princess- Overworld E3 Demo

And here is the original, for comparing:
Find Overworld Demo Track on this page
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 05:12:51 am »
Hey, I'd love to hear the version with soundfonts, but currently, that link is redirecting me to some Trustsoft Inc Antispyware page. :P

Gyrowolf

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 05:28:04 am »
Alright. I don't think I can direct link. Try downloading it from here:
http://gyrowolf.weezyhost.com/music.html

It's towards the bottom. Thanks for the heads up!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 05:34:48 am »
It's definately a lot better now... One thing. On the pan pipes, are you doubling it with a breath noise? Now, I'm not an expert, but it seems to me as if those are only used when players start their breathing. It's really a miniscule thing, and hard to tell really, but if you're doubling the breath sounds with the flute, I'd suggest changing things up a bit, and not have them on the ... I don't know, the 5 really fast notes that go upwards. I also noticed there's a breath sound sticking out after somewhere in the middle, it might be some sort of offset, or panning causing this, but it sort of sounds like a "beep" and it sticks out a bit.

^^Please note... I'm being REALLY picky. It's just that it's so good already, there's not a lot I can suggest. Keep it up.

EDIT: It's right at 1 minute, 9 seconds. :P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:39:28 am by Q.K. »

Gyrowolf

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 06:01:32 am »
Thanks for commenting! ;D

One thing. On the pan pipes, are you doubling it with a breath noise?

I'm using two Forest Flute soundfonts I got off of Hammer Sound.com/net/whatever. Forest Flute II which is a soft blow with a hard release, and Forest Flute III which is a hard puff followed by a soft blow. The FFIII is turned down low, because it was too overpowering, yet just what I needed. I think what you're hearing at the end is the FFII's hard release. Perhaps if I fade it out a bit.

You may have also noticed that the timpanies have more boom than the ones in Koji's version (the original). I thought it gave it more power, so I kept it, though some may think it's too much.

^^Please note... I'm being REALLY picky. It's just that it's so good already, there's not a lot I can suggest. Keep it up.

picky is good, it means you're listening. Thanks!
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 06:04:21 am »
Hey, no problem. If you ever want to collab and try doing some music together (mp3 of course, or ogg, if file size is an issue ;)) that would be fine. We can just chuck all our MIDI stuff into FL and I'll do some work on it "humanizing" it and adding whatever kind of extra stuff we need (Got a huge-ass sample collection that I'm dying to put to good use :P) just let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 78 queries.