Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Layout Stuff  (Read 2374 times)

Layout Stuff
« on: June 23, 2007, 04:56:36 pm »
I am going through and making some changes to them and would like to know your opinions.  Here are some things I am doing:

- Making the board descriptions smaller
- Making the board descriptions more grammatically correct and getting rid of the redundancy of "here".
- Making the board descriptions aesthetically good (one line or just something even)
- Shortening board names (Forum Feedback to Feedback, Site & Forum Requests to Requests, etc)
- Reordering boards (Switching Graphical Art and Sounds & Music)
- Getting rid of unnecessary board moderators (Sol doesn't need to be in the Forum Archive, he's global now)

Then I am going to:
- Clean up some stickies
- Possibly look over the rules and make suggestions to Andrew and other managers before anything happens

Thoughts?
Re: Layout Stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 05:01:51 pm »
Sounds good, although, what's the point of switching the arts and sounds boards?

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 05:10:25 pm »
Even though the name "Sounds & Music" is longer and if you were only going by that it would look good in the middle, but based on activity and views, I was thinking that having "Graphical Art" in the middle it would seem more in place there. 
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 05:10:49 pm »
Ah, makes since.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 06:04:55 pm »
  • The Mike
Nice, that will make things better.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 09:34:52 pm »
I ended up changing my mind.  Graphical Art and Sounds & Music have been moved back to their original spots.

How do the board descriptions in that area look?  Too cluttered, too wordy?  Any suggestions.  I was also thinking of changing "Project Development" to "Resources" but I will ask you first if that is OK, so is it?
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 09:36:29 pm »
  • w00t
How would people differentiate between "Graphical Arts" and "Resources"?  Most of the content in the graphics section is meant to be used as a game resource.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 09:44:42 pm »
I don't quite understand what you are saying.  Sounds & Music are mostly resources too, along with all the help from Programming, and the human resource of Recruitment.  The only one that is not so much that way is Game Design, but that can still be counted in the bunch.  So, can you reiterate, I am not quite following you.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 11:11:29 pm »
  • w00t
Nevermind me, I need to take a look at what you're talking about before I form an opinion.  I thought "Project Development" was a board itself you were going to rename.  I didn't realize it was the name of the category that encompasses the resources.

In that case, yes, renaming it would be fine by me.  Sorry about the confusion.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 11:20:53 pm »
lol, if anything you served to bring more attention to this topic so it wasn't completed a bad thing.

Anyway, most of the board description changes are done (unreasonably proud of adding the word "the" in the board description of Zelda Project Development, it balances it with Indie)

I just have to come up with a board description for the archive.  I will probably just modify something from the Invisionfree iteration and use that.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I have all of the board descriptions from before my changes so if I need to bring them back I can.

mit

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 12:22:29 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
I actually thought "compete" sounded better than "have competitions", but that's just me. Everything else looks good, although I'd personally like someone to clean up the 'development notice' on the homepage.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 09:56:26 am »
  • hungry..
I'd personally like someone to clean up the 'development notice' on the homepage.
*remove
  • My Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 61 queries.

anything