Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Orbs of the Sephiroth *some problems fixed*  (Read 4681 times)

[Demo] Orbs of the Sephiroth *some problems fixe...
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:56:21 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Orbs of the Sephiroth

Story Line (In development)
     Many years ago in the old country side village of Katash lived many people.  For
many years they flourished.  Everything the village folk needed they had in abundance.  One         
     morning, they woke to find a huge castle at the door step of the peaceful village,
The master of the castle offered the village folk power unceasing if they would but kneel at his
feet.  The village Elder refused, knowing that great power corrupts man.  The Master of the
castle was furious, so furious even, that he cast a spell of sleep over the entire village.
     Tollen, a resident of the town, had been away during this catastrophe, and returned to
find everything that he knew to be in a deep sleep.  The whole of the town echoed with the sound
of his footsteps.  Everything stood as it was, cold, silent, and asleep.  At the far end of Katash
dark clouds loomed about the black castle.  Spiraling upwards full with power.  Evil radiated from the
black stones of the castle.  Even then, Tollen knew that he must enter.  For if he
didn't, everything he knew would be lost forever.

V1.5 fixes -You now move much faster up and down the stairs!
                 -The falling sound no longer repeats when you are falling!

Download Orbs of the Sephiroth v1.5.zip
When you download the file, you will be downloading two versions of this demo.  One that is full screen and changes the resolution to 320, 240, and a version that does not change the screen size (tiny screen).  Also with the download comes a "Read Me" file witch gives the controls for the game along with some basic information.

Screen Shots

The Main Corridor

One of the Orb Rooms

The Save Room

The Winery

All the other stuff you maybe want to know.
    This game demo is basically my version of the Dark Castle series.  If you don't know what that is...  well try it it is fun, but I won't lie to you.  It can be very challenging.  I would highly suggest  though not giving up on the first try.  Give yourself some time to get used to the controls  and how things work in the game.  This game is not as simple as pushing buttons.  It will take good timing, and patience, unless you happen to have a knack for it.  I have had people tell me that it is even harder then the original, but personally I think that it is easier  because you have more health, and don't have the enormously long dizzy spell after you get hurt.  This is a demo, in which you can get 5 of the 8 orbs there will be when the game is completed.  Oh ya, please let me know what you think, even if someone has already said it.  I would be very interested to hear if someone was able to beat the demo, so make sure and tell me how far you were able to get in the game.  I am making this game just for fun, no selling involved, to pass the time while I wait for the 3rd Dark Castle to come out.   Enjoy.

---Phill---

===================Controls=======================
All of the controls are listed in the attached read me file as well, but I thought I should post them here anyway.

The Mouse - Use the mouse to aim and throw your rocks.  (If you pick up a weapon
                               you will use that weapon instead of throwing rocks.)

W - Hold W to go up ladders, and climb ropes and stairs.

S - Hold S to duck,and go down ladders, ropes, and stairs.

A - Hold A to move left.

D - Hold D to move right.

E - E is the action key.  Push E to open doors, unlock doors, and get
                               things that hang on the wall,  Also push E to use your shield, Pick
                               up orbs, or heal at the orb stands.

C - Push C to pick up items off the floor.

SpaceBar - Push the SpaceBar to do a high jump.

S + SpaceBar - Push these keys together to do a low jump

A or D + SpaceBar - push these keys together to do a long jump.

Remember, don't just give up if you can't do it at first.  Keep on trying.  If there is anything you would like to know feel free to ask buy posting them on this site (Preferred), or by emailing me at     zero192837465@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking at my game!!!   

---Aero88---
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:36:46 pm by Aero88 »
Re: [Demo] Orbs of the Sephiroth
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 06:57:17 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Um...  can you guys please try this game.  I know that the screen shots don't make it look the best, but you have to try the game to know for sure.  So come on, try it out, it doesn't look THAT boring does it.  So try it out.  it is hard, but who doesn't like a good challenge.  Thanks

---Aero88---
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:03:41 pm »
It looks interesting, was it made in Gamemaker. If so, I won't be able to play it now. :P

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:13:55 pm »
Well okay maybe I will try it.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 07:22:22 pm »
Okay, I don't really like to download demos, but since you asked and no one's replying...
From what I played, the game seems quite good, good luck and keep it up... ^^
Did you inspire on Castlevania, or the old Prince of Persia, by the way? :D
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 11:09:33 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Ah, thank you guys for replying!

It looks interesting, was it made in Gamemaker. If so, I won't be able to play it now. :P

Yes actually it is made with GM, I wish you could try it...  dang.  sorry.

Thank you, I hope you like it.  Make sure to post what you think.  I always like to hear what people think of my projects wither good, bad, or glitch related.

Okay, I don't really like to download demos, but since you asked and no one's replying...

Well, thanks for trying it, despite not liking demos.  I is hard to finish a project though if people don't give replies, or look at the demos, and comment.  So, thanks again for trying it.  As I said in the description of the game, this game was inspired by the "Dark Castle" series.  I have heard though that Dark Castle was inspired by the old "Prince of Persia", so in a way maybe I was inspired by P of P.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 11:29:24 pm »
Ah, thank you guys for replying!

Yes actually it is made with GM, I wish you could try it...  dang.  sorry.

Thank you, I hope you like it.  Make sure to post what you think.  I always like to hear what people think of my projects wither good, bad, or glitch related.

Well, thanks for trying it, despite not liking demos.  I is hard to finish a project though if people don't give replies, or look at the demos, and comment.  So, thanks again for trying it.  As I said in the description of the game, this game was inspired by the "Dark Castle" series.  I have heard though that Dark Castle was inspired by the old "Prince of Persia", so in a way maybe I was inspired by P of P.
I tried it, just in case, and it actually works. It's actually pretty fun. Btw; how are you supposed to get out of the pit?

Edit: You also should change how the stairs work, it doesn't feel natural climbing down them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:35:40 pm by dehvknull »
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 11:39:09 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
I tried it, just in case, and it actually works. It's actually pretty fun. Btw; how are you supposed to get out of the pit?
   Awesome, I'm glad that it worked!  I'll just P.M. you the answer to your question as to not spoil it for anyone else.

Edit: Ya, that is one of the things that I am working on, I think it is just because he moves too slowly up and down the stairs.  I'll play around with it, and see if I can't make it smoother, or at least faster.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:08:34 am by Aero88 »

uma

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 12:13:30 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Is Sephiroth actually involved in this(Please say no)?
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 12:16:52 am »
  • ...---^^^---...

Um... no not really.  I just named some of the orbs after it.  and thought it was a good name. Other then that no.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 08:30:24 am »
  • .越//

FF is not the only thing that has a "Sephiroth"... you fangirl ^^

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 05:20:52 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Um.  ya I wasn't even thinking of final fantasy when I named it that.  It came form the religious Icon the Ten Sephiroth, (don't worry, this isn't a "religious" game).  I simply named it that because the ten sephiroth has a list of virtues that I named the orbs in my game after. 

-the orb of Knowledge
-the orb of Wisdom
-the orb of Understanding
-the orb of Mercy
-the orb of Justice
and so on.

Ya so you get my point.  You have to gather all the orbs of the Sephiroth in order to save the villiage of Katash. 
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 04:02:47 pm »
  • [sic]
E didn't open doors for me. o_0

uma

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 04:17:42 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.

FF is not the only thing that has a "Sephiroth"... you fangirl ^^

I actually hate Sephiroth a lot. He's like... the worst villain ever.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 05:19:47 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
E didn't open doors for me. o_0

You have to be standing on the door handle for it to open, you can't open a door by it's hinges, at least I can't.  Ya, it should work if you stand by the door handle.

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 03:34:51 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Okay, I fixed some of the problems in the game.  you now move much faster going up, or down the stairs, and the falling sound no longer repeats when you are falling.  Try it out, find more problems so I can fix them please.
Re: [Demo] Orbs of the Sephiroth *some problems ...
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 12:57:19 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Has anybody been able to complete this demo?  I'd really like to hear more of what you guys think of it.  Thanks for looking.  I'm working on the next release so don't worry.
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 07:41:12 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Are the graphics made by you?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 12:38:34 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Yes actually.  I hope that they aren't too bad.  I am not that good at the drawing, so it took me a long time to even draw those.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:46:36 am by Aero88 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 75 queries.