Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Make my song a midi... or something  (Read 2802 times)

[Request] Make my song a midi... or something
« on: December 24, 2011, 05:52:50 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Hi guys!  I have been a member here making games with game maker for quite some time now.  I have always just made games for the fun of it, but recently I heard that YoYo games is going to start publishing some of the better games submitted to them...  And so I began making a project I hope they will accept for publishing.  In the past I have always just used midis or songs from other games, but for obvious reasons I can not do that for this project.  So for the last week or so I have been sitting down at the piano trying to figure a good song for a boss battle.  Though it is only about a minute and a half long
     I have finally come up with something I think is pretty good...  enter my dilemma...  I actually don't know how to read music...  or how to make midi files or any type of music file for that matter.  All I can do is sit at the piano and pluck keys until something sounds good.  So now I have a song I can play on the piano, but no way to put it into my game.  So I was hoping someone here on the site might be willing to listen to my microphone recording of the song and make a music file out of it.  There is some complication though...  Try as I may I cannot play the song through without mistakes.  So there are some pauses and wrong notes.  I think it will be pretty obvious what I meant to play when you listen to it.
     Anyway.  I could really use the help.  I would be happy to list those who help as audio editors or whatever seems to be most applicable in the credits of the game...  and who knows...  You might find your name in an ipod app if YoYo accepts my game...  I intend to keep on working on it until they do so that could be a pretty high chance!  I am trusting you guys not to steal the song as your own though!  Thanks for your time!

Also...  Even if you can't help making the music file feel free to listen to it and give feedback!  It is intended to be a boss battle theme.  Thanks!

My Battle Song (ogg Format): Download my battle song.ogg from Host-A
My Battle Song (Wav Format):Download my battle song.wav from Host-A
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 07:37:23 pm by Aero88 »

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: [Request] Make my song a midi... or somethi...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 03:35:07 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Hey, you play the piano excellently! I've been tinkering with MIDI's lately. If I have any time, I'll see what I can do with this, though, I can't make any promises.
Re: [Request] Make my song a midi... or somethi...
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:27:49 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thanks I appreciate it!  I PM'ed you a little more detail.  Yeah it is a little choppy at parts though so if you end up having time to get to it and you need me to re-record a part or anything I will do what I can.  Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 41 queries.

anything