Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Darius [New Content]  (Read 2365 times)

Darius [New Content]
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:58:43 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
     It seemed as though a distant voice whispered through the long branches of a nearby willow tree as if echoing the forgotten memories of the times since past.  “It is time.” A voice rolled through the dangling vines of the tree.

“What was that?”  Darius thought to himself as he sat up rubbing his eyes.  Suddenly the sting of a thousand needles crept down his right arm.  That mind numbing pain that arose all too often.  Slowly the feeling began to return as he rubbed his arm.  He could feel the defined scar which ran the length of his muscular forearm.  An old battle wound, this scar seemed to remain as a constant reminder of his past which he so desperately tried to forget.

“I must have been dreaming.” Darius thought to himself resting a leg on a fallen stump nearby.  The emerald green vines of the willow, glistening in the morning dew, danced about his head with the calm but steady breeze.

“I must have fallen asleep” He said to himself squinting as beams of light began creeping over the tops of the Daleema mountains to the east. 
There had always been a pleasant air about the Great Willow tree and Darius always loved to rest in its shadows, but it had been nearly 20 years since he had last seen it.  As a kid Darius always loved visiting the willow trees with his mother where she would often read stories to him of the Ancients from beyond the borders of the Great Northern Region.

Darius rubbed his eyes again in an effort to further awaken himself.  As he looked out across the early morning horizon, he found his mind beginning to wander back to the time when he was first stationed at the gate some 22 years ago.  A young man at that time, he would have never guessed what the future held in store for him.  He had indeed experience many great and terrible things since those days, yet little at the gate itself seemed to have changed from the time when he first held watch there as a new recruit to the “Iron Army Core” division so many years ago.

“Not much has changed” Darius thought to himself while standing to stretch his back.  The cool morning breeze gently whistled as it caressed the cracks imbedded in the ancient stone wall which surrounded the Great Northern Region.

The gate way stood amidst the wall that surrounded this Northern Region, and was constructed of large aged stones, which were hewn from the heart of the Deleema mountains long before the War of the Ancients spoken of in the old legends.  These massive stones stood taller than any man that Darius had ever seen, were deep red in color, and most had been there so long that lush green vines had begun to encapsulate them. The gate itself was nothing more than a crack in one of the stones large enough for no more than a man to walk through, and looked to be just as old as the rest of the stones, but strangely, no vines grew in or around it.

Darius looked down each of the beaten paths that followed alongside the Great Wall hoping to see the next member of the Gateway Keepers as they were to fill his position at sun rise. He saw only empty trails. 

The sun was now coming into full view over the Daleema Mountains, striking the cold morning air of its curse. Darius unbuttoned his jacket as the thought of the voice he had heard rushed through his mind.

“Where did that voice come from?” Darius kicked a small rock which had rested at the toe of his boot.  Striking and rolling through the opening of the Great Wall.  “And what is it time for?” He thought to himself.

--------------------------------------

A rogue of sorts, Darius has been a member of the Iron Army Core since his youth.  His past has been one made bloody of necessity.  Sworn to protect the people upon his admittance into the Iron Army Core he adheres strictly to the Army Core Values.

Courage
   HOnor
     Respect
 StrEngth

After having lost his family to bandits as a youth, Darius devoted his life to protecting others from similar fates.

edit: I've never done this before so I thought I would give it a go...  Unfortunately I am not much of an artist...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:36:14 pm by Aero88 »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: Darius
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:10:50 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
The art doesn't matter so much; it's the quality of the character. So far, so good Aero! Intriguing character. Is there any way to maybe list a bit more about him underneath the story part? Or is that too much?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thanks.  Part of the character is the mystery that surrounds him.  Perhaps I can add a little more though.  I also noticed that I uploaded the pic as a .jpeg and you wanted .png.  I am changing it now.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Thanks.  Part of the character is the mystery that surrounds him.  Perhaps I can add a little more though.  I also noticed that I uploaded the pic as a .jpeg and you wanted .png.  I am changing it now.

Oh you're totally allowed to keep most of him in mystery. I like what you added!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

thestig

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:31:03 pm »
Wow. This would've been epic if you went on further. And nice one with CORE. ;P
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:27:05 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thanks!  There actually is more.  To tell you the truth I actually decided to begin writing a book with this character.  I only have about 10 pages right now, but I am pretty happy with it.  Perhaps I will drop a little more of the story now that the comp has started.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:03:21 pm by Aero88 »
Re: Darius [New Content]
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Added a little more story to the Entry.  Though the addition primarily expounds on his environment it also adds a little more to his character.  Hope you all enjoy it!  Feel free to comment on the additional content.  ;)
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 10:19:31 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
It's more interesting.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 09:44:06 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thanks again.  I have decided to reveal a little more of the story with each tier of the competition that Darius wins.  Provided that doing so doesn't break any competition rules of course.  So...  Be sure to vote for Darius if you want to see what rests in store for him next!  8)

edit:  Alas...  No tiers won.  Thanks to those who voted for Darius though.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:47:56 pm by Aero88 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 56 queries.