Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DKC Returns  (Read 1539 times)

DKC Returns
« on: May 15, 2013, 03:18:26 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Okay.  So I am very often behind the curve when it comes to trying new games.  I just finished playing through Donkey Kong Country Returns and I was thoroughly impressed the whole game through.  Very unique and interesting levels, good humor, and very challenging!  All things I like in a game.  Finally a sequel to a game that is even better that the original (And the original was really good so that is saying something for me!)

All in all, I would defiantly recommend it to anybody who enjoys a good challenge in a platformer.  I really hope to see more of this quality in the future for Donkey Kong because this one was gold!

I saw that the title will be coming to the 3DS.  I am assuming that it is just a port, but even then it was good enough I would definitely consider getting it.  Hats off to Retro Studios on this one.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:39:28 pm by Aero88 »
Re: DKC Returns
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 10:08:02 pm »
For me DKC is special for mostly nostalgic reasons, but also the unique art style it had and the pre rendered 3D-ish graphics that looked amazing. Now it looks like just another platformer to me. Still, it's probably a very decent one.
Re: DKC Returns
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:19:54 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Yeah.  Graphically it might not be a stand out from the crowd, but gameplay wise it definitely was in my opinion.  My only complaint is that the controls are not quite perfect.  You have the shake the remote to roll which to me was annoying, but it definitely was not a deal breaker in any way.  You get mostly used to it so it is okay i guess.

I would suggest waiting for the 3DS port though if you have a 3DS before buying it because from what I read it has extra content as well as better controls.  If you don't have a 3DS though then it is still definitely worth getting on the wii.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 40 queries.

anything