Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filters, Particles and Overlays  (Read 1063 times)

Filters, Particles and Overlays
« on: December 01, 2009, 02:41:39 am »
  • Make your best move ass-bite!
For Game Maker 7.0 PRO:

Ok so Im not an expert at GML and I would like to know if it is possible to apply filters to the game such as Ground Filters like sand, water, grass. and I would like to know how to create particles from sprites. Thanks and dont say stuff like: "So when do you plan on doing this stuff on your own?" or "Hey while your at it we will brush your teeth and wipe your ass!"
no I just need to learn how to do this thats all.
Re: Filters, Particles and Overlays
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:55:18 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
The GM manual can tell you about particles. Use the GMC.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 09:02:57 am »
  • Minalien
RTFM.

Need us to brush your ass and wipe your teeth while we're at it?

Be more specific about what you're looking for. What, exactly, do you mean by the filters? Because what filters generally refers to, and what you seem to be talking about, seem to be different things. As far as particles go, when I still used Game Faker and particles were just introduced, they had tutorials and a decent amount of documentation in the help file. Beyond the drag-and-drop methods which are painfully obvious as to their use, you should check out the script commands related to them.

If you're looking for information on creating good particle effects, more in the sense of "how do I make this type of particle effect," you should explain what you're looking for. Designing particle effects is a more challenging, and somewhat more universal, than working with the systems that let them work.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 09:22:47 am »
If by filters you mean pixel shaders, there was one or two dll's floating around the GMC with some water distortion effects and the like in them. Whole screen only, however.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 46 queries.

anything