Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ganondorf  (Read 10210 times)

Ganondorf
« on: July 01, 2015, 05:35:14 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I tried to make ganondorf based of the artwork made by Kingmob. I think he looks powerful. Its just the front view for now but tell me what you think
Re: Ganondorf
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 06:39:35 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
You hit the nail on the head with the style, but it looks like he's trying to dance xD

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 06:53:59 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
You hit the nail on the head with the style, but it looks like he's trying to dance xD

Hey, he's a dancing psicopath. He has issues OK?!?!
 XD
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 06:57:50 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I also had the idea of him teaching link all the techniques, like the 9 swordmaster guys in minish cap, but in order to do so you need to colect a certain amount of something for him.
So after him trying to make you into his apprentice and trying to gain your trust, he betrays the royal family ans thus you, which results on a final battle.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:34:53 pm »
I THINK we defined already in the design doc how the sword techniques are learned.  Pretty sure it's done through the Sword Master, I'll double check on that.

EDIT:  Doesn't look like we ever actually defined WHO the sword master is.  This may be a potential idea, can you post a thread in the side quests board?

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:42:20 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I THINK we defined already in the design doc how the sword techniques are learned.  Pretty sure it's done through the Sword Master, I'll double check on that.

EDIT:  Doesn't look like we ever actually defined WHO the sword master is.  This may be a potential idea, can you post a thread in the side quests board?

Sure :)
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 03:49:54 am »
  • It's just Max.

He does look pretty great though! A little round in the tummy, but you know, he's living that luxy life the royalty has. I think the reason he looks like he's dancing/bringing a plane onto the runway is that only his arms are moving when he's attacking, which is how robots battle, not people. I think in minish cap when Link attacks he steps forward and leans his body into the attack?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 04:42:02 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Nice. ^_^
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Ganondorf Sprite
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 08:21:52 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I retried this one. I changed the outfit to something similar but slightly different, which still looks good. I used the moblin body as a base and made it taller.
I tried to do the side version of the head, but its really hard. Any Ideas/Help to improve it?

I think that making Ganondorf is a priority too because he is one of the first people you see in the game.
Ganondorf Sword sprite
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 05:13:11 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I worked on this a little bit more! I am using both the moblin base and the darknut base for this.
I want him to backflip when link slashes and him and stuff, like in wind waker. (I need help with that)
But other than that I think that having a slash attack and stabbing animation, energy beams, and stuff is enough?

What do you think?

Are we going to have him turn into ganon?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:16:23 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 05:19:56 pm »
That's much nicer! As for turning into Ganon, I don't remember.  I'll check on my lunch break

EDIT: It appears to just be a normal fight.  The wiki doesn't make any mention of him turning into Ganon.  Max, any disagreements?

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 12:52:44 am »
  • It's just Max.
No, probably not the pig form.

As for what we need him to do- we don't know that yet. We don't have the mechanics of the fight, we need to accept a boss entry first, laying out the battle flow and stuff. So if I were you, Spritonic, I could just hold off on the battle animations until we know what he'll do in the battle's he's involved in (final boss as well as fighting the Sheikah alongside Link). Also, he reveals himself as Ganondorf, the evil king from legends, at some point, and we need to decide if this will necessitate an appearance change. And, for that matter, if he will go by a pseudonym before he reveals his identity.

One idea we could do- he wears some sort of basic disguise he tosses aside at the end- a scarf that covers some of his face, a helmet, a poncho type thing, a billowing cape, robes, whatever. Then when he reveals that he is the demon thief, Ganondorf, he can just take this off and reveal that he's been wearing the typical Ganondorf clothes from Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker or whatever.

Another idea is that, like, Sheik, he uses magic to disguise himself, having a different Skin color maybe, and uses magic at the end to transform into the typical, recognizable Ganondorf we all expect to battle. I like the actual disguise better, but this could work too.

And then yeah, would he use a fake name when he's pretending to be a new Gerudo king interested in peace?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 12:02:15 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
... Also, he reveals himself as Ganondorf, the evil king from legends, at some point, and we need to decide if this will necessitate an appearance change. And, for that matter, if he will go by a pseudonym before he reveals his identity.

And then yeah, would he use a fake name when he's pretending to be a new Gerudo king interested in peace?

How about the obvious, canon possibility..?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 03:01:33 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Well, that's a good point, but like you mentioned, it's a bit obvious. If anyone plays this game who hasn't been watching the story develop here, the Gerudo King who mentors Link is supposed to legitimately seem like a good guy at the beginning. If we call him by a name everyone knows is Ganondorf's alter ego, nobody will really trust him, which if I knew what the main character had to do was wrong and he was being tricked, I wouldnt want to do it. When players know more than the character they're playing, it creates a disconnect and you cant think of the character as "me" anymore.

Just, the other option would be carefully avoiding ever giving him a name, just calling him "the Gerudo king" or "your majesty” or whatever. That probably wouldn't be a strong, since he would have had to introduce himself at some point.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 05:27:10 pm »
  • .越//
A good guy needs good intensions which tww ganondorf could deliever, he there spoke from his land and about how deadly it is... so maybe the intension of this ganondorf would actually be to help his people in some kind, then becomes the king (maybe with links help) and his "original intensions" will be distorted by the triforce of power and he is his standard corrupted self...

the same happend with the white witch in hyrule warriors, she watched the triforce of power and became interested in link, over years she were corrupted and split into a good and bad side ( <-- which would be a good idea too)

i didnt read the design you guys had in mind but a good evil person in a plot is one the player can relate to

edit: if he first becomes king you could make it that "Ganondorf" is the titled bestowed upon the Male Kings of the Gerudo Desert and he himself had another name to call him by, and when he is king there could be a scene were he simple says "Thats not my name anymore... Call me.... GANONDORF"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:32:16 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 06:45:30 pm »
^Hang on, that's a major gamechanger for the story.  At no point is Ganondorf supposed to be considered a good king.  He returns from his seal and usurps the throne from the current Gerudo king.

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 07:44:01 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
When everything about ganon is sorted (battle abd stuff), let me know.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 03:16:54 pm »
  • .越//
^Hang on, that's a major gamechanger for the story.  At no point is Ganondorf supposed to be considered a good king.  He returns from his seal and usurps the throne from the current Gerudo king.

like i said i didn't read that, i was pointing out from the comments above what could be done...

i was writing alot here, but will seek out his story first... just one thing though: there was NEVER a "male" Gerudo leader other than Ganondorf

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 04:25:24 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hey Dotyue, if you'd like to see what the plot of the game is, you can check out the wiki page on it:

http://wiki.zfgc.com/KOT:Plot

A couple years ago we spent like a few months arguing and hashing it out to get it into a form where it mostly makes narrative sense, so it'd be counterproductive at this point to change much.

As far as Gerudo kings other than Ganondorf, Zelda lore has always claimed (at least since Ocarina of Time, I think) that a male Gerudo is born to the tribe every 100 years, and becomes their king. It's sort of a mystery why in Nintendo games we've never seen any male Gerudo other than Ganondorf since ostensibly there should be a new one every 100 years. That's sort of a question that this game uses as a plot point, where one of the male Gerudo who WASN'T Ganondorf takes the throne and tries to not be evil, but Ganondorf comes back from wherever and steals the current king's throne.

Our game's plot is driven by Link believing the Gerudo who comes to Hyrule IS a new king, who isn't Ganondorf and isn't evil, however at the end of the game we find out who the new Gerudo king really is, and that we've been tricked the whole game!

Hope that helps clear up any questions you have about the plot. Thanks for your input! :D

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 05:45:29 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Well, I'd think that you'd want to avoid the Hijacked by Ganon trope outright, or else play it in a unconventional way. Giving Ganondorf an alternate identity that will be revealed as "X was Ganon all this time!" would cause players not involved with the development process to conclude that X was really another character that Ganondorf hijacked.
(Basically the same discussion that is being made about Agahnim right now, as to whether he is really Ganon's "alter-ego" or a lackey that Ganon manipulated.)

You could avoid that by just calling Ganondorf, Ganondorf. Or "The Gerudo King". That plays nicely with the titular reveal of Twilight Princess, in which Midna calls Zelda "twilight princess" in one dialogue, even though it's Midna herself that's the princess of the Twili. Similarly, Ganondorf would go by the name-title "The Gerudo King" throughout most of the game, and other characters may refer to him as TGK, but when Farin reveals the truth about his identity and Ganondorf's, the veil is pulled away and Ganondorf's true personality surfaces.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 74 queries.

anything