Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Rant about Spirit Tracks  (Read 4041 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Rant about Spirit Tracks
« on: November 21, 2010, 09:58:12 am »
I have been playing ST again and I've decided to give up. Why? because of that damn flute! Seriously, what was wrong with the arrow buttons?

Damnit Nintendo, I knew there was a reason I didnt put Spirit Tracks as my fave game. Because you had to screw it up by being "Oh let's put another mother *&$^"%$ &%^£ of a feature!"

Does anyone else those stupid song of restoration bits?

Ninty, STOP ADDING HARDWARE FEATURES TO A ZELDA GAME!! Argh!

Rant over
  • Phoenix Heart

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Rant about Spirit Tracks
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:01:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about the game being identical to Phantom Hourglass.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 10:22:38 am »
Yeh but at least this time, the chore of traveling to areas was actually enjoyable. Its the flute that gets me!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 10:49:48 am »
You mean those parts where you had to play the flute duets or whatever? Those were pretty easy man, sure it took me a few tries, but they weren't really that hard after a few tries. Maybe your DS microphone is wonky, probably not. Remember that all you have to do is lightly blow for it to register.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 10:52:59 am »
You mean those parts where you had to play the flute duets or whatever? Those were pretty easy man, sure it took me a few tries, but they weren't really that hard after a few tries. Maybe your DS microphone is wonky, probably not. Remember that all you have to do is lightly blow for it to register.
I did exactly what you said. I think my microphone may be wonky then. I'll try later though. Once I've calmed down.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 10:57:50 am »
I did exactly what you said. I think my microphone may be wonky then. I'll try later though. Once I've calmed down.

Indeed, calm down first, things always become harder to complete if you're angry, i've learned that first hand many times. Though i am still guilty of it a lot of times, The spirit flute parts can be annoying at first, just wait until you get to the last few. It will seem a lot easier once you get it, you will most likely look back at it and think "damn, this seemed a lot harder then it actually was". I enjoyed Spirit Tracks a lot more then PH, i hated PH, ironically enough i stopped at like the first microphone part on PH since it seemed pointless as hell to even put the microphone in it.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 11:02:31 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I have an issue where the flute "over registers" so to speak. It continues to think I'm blowing air so it won't complete.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 11:03:00 am »
I never had problems with the flute eighter, but I can see why it would have been nice for some people, if they had included another way to play songs (buttons, etc.).

Just remember that you have to play the songs in the right rhythm and start at the right time. The game never tells you that, and I did it automatically, so I didn't have problems with it, but I read this somewhere in the internet ...

Just listen to the metronome in the background ...

Edit: I LIKED the flute.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 11:35:33 am by Sahittam »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 11:06:16 am »
Okay so what's the rhythm of the 5th duet then?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 11:11:31 am »
I never had problems with the flute eighter, but I can see why it would have been nice for some people, if they had included another way to play songs (buttons, etc.).

Just remember that you have to play the songs in the right rhythm and start at the right time. The game never tells you that, and I did it automatically, so I didn't have problems with it, but I read this somewhere in the internet ...

Just listen to the metronome in the background ...

Quite a few games would of probably been easier to do things with the buttons/d-pad instead of using the given things, hello movement in PH, somehow moving in Spirit Tracks feels so much more fluid then it did in PH. The problem is Developers are given all these tools, the microphone, touch screen, etc so they feel that they have to use them. A game that comes to mind is one that game out within the last week for the US, Beyblade, the game would be so much easier if you could control your magic monster summoning top with the D-pad instead of the Stylus and Touch screen, but instead you use the Touch screen to flick and such to move it which seems to create a lag of sorts so the Top takes a bit to actually move after you pick where you want it to move. You even have to yell into the microphone to bring your magic top back or some crap, seems to pointless.

Nintendo especially, they created the NDS so it's only natural they would want to make one of their key franchise titles use what the device is capable of. Thank god they didn't use it for NSMB.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 11:25:22 am »
I must say I actually liked playing the flute. It was really easy and it came rather naturally. I never had any troubles with it. After the first few songs played, I thought how lame OOT's ocarina actually was that you could tap buttons without rhythm and really fast. Even TP's howling looked much better than OOT's ocarina as it actually required some timing.

No I think the flute is actually the best addition they have added in ST.

If they did that than fans and game critics would accuse them of not utilizing all of the DS's features.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 11:26:46 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
If they did that than fans and game critics would accuse them of not utilizing all of the DS's features.

I think the more proper thing to say would be

"STOP ADDING POINTLESS FEATURES TO YOUR SYSTEMS" so that way game critics can't complain about them not adding waggle to their games. :p

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 12:10:32 pm »

"STOP ADDING POINTLESS FEATURES TO YOUR SYSTEMS" so that way game critics can't complain about them not adding waggle to their games. :p

Agreed. Stop adding the mindless crap!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 11:26:57 pm »
They will continue to don't be surprised about that >-<
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 08:31:57 pm »

Agreed. Stop adding the mindless crap!
What do you think of the directional pad feature, the shoulder button feature, the analog stick feature or the rumble function for a gamepad feature? How about having a handheld gaming device?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 09:15:27 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Buttons arent new features niek. Microphones and touch screens are.
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 09:47:13 pm »
They were, when they were introduced. But because most of them is what we grew up with, we consider as normal and it becomes abnormal if it isn't there anymore. Give it 10 to 15 years and these things will be normal as well.

Most of those stuff was first incorporated in the gamepad by Nintendo. Nintendo became big by introducing new things. Because they settled with introducing new stuff with the gamecube, it was that many of its consumers went to other producers like Sony and Microsoft. Sorry, but if a company was failing as much as Nintendo did back with the Gamecube, it is only understandable they would target a new group.

And microphones, motion sensors and touchscreen interfaces have been around for a longer time in games, than that Nintendo added them to the DS and Wii. Hell Nintendo was already making products like that for the NES.

All I am saying is, that if you don't like it don't buy and don't play the games. Just bitching about this is growing tiresome. Don't like it, don't keep coming back to it. Nintendo is a company, it is not something that deserves our unwavering loyalty to buy their products. Because that is what all this whining sounds like. Like a fanboy child that is not allowed to go across the street from his mom..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:51:20 pm by Niek »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 09:48:45 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
No, they're not new features. Buttons have been around since the beginning of digital gaming.

It'd be better to just call the "new features" gimmicks, because that best explains them. You *need* buttons. You don't *need* a microphone.
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 10:11:58 pm »
No, they're not new features. Buttons have been around since the beginning of digital gaming.

It'd be better to just call the "new features" gimmicks, because that best explains them. You *need* buttons. You don't *need* a microphone.

Obviously you don't plan on talking with Zelda in a DS game, and whispering sweet words into her hot hylian elf ears. You haven't lived mammo

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 10:12:51 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Obviously you don't plan on talking with Zelda in a DS game, and whispering sweet words into her hot hylian elf ears. You haven't lived mammo

I think I need a VR "feature" and a shoe attachment and a real sword to be included in my next handheld.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 77 queries.