Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resident Evil: Degeneration - about 10 years too late IMO *spoiler*  (Read 2271 times)

Resident Evil: Degeneration - about 10 years too...
« on: January 10, 2009, 12:28:58 am »
Seriously, the ho-hum Final Fantasy : Spirits Within movie was better done than RE: D.
Leon is now some !@#$% gunslinger character.
Clare seems to somewhat retain her character.
In general, the voice acting was horrible.  The American DVD has no options for the original Jap voices.  Most of the lines just suck major ass.  The quality of the CG was poor at best.
FF: SW was better with the CG.
The story was forced too much.  They tried to make a movie with a story you would see in the one of the older games: be in a off-wallo area, somehow make it into a research facility, fight a monster 3 times.
They tried too hard to make climatic scenes.  The G-Virus tyrant dude at the end did not fit with the rest of the CG.  Looked like a different style to me.
The movie was rated R for blood violence.  Are you serious?  There was hardly ever any blood spatters or anything.
For someone like me who has been a devoted RE fan since the first game, this was an embarrasment.

Sorry, if this seems a little incoherent.  Just upset about a movie that could have been good but falls way short of it.

Side-Note: Just relized Capcom's RE trend ---> RE 1 deals with Jill and Chris, RE 2 deals with Leon and Clare, RE 3 deals with Jill/STARS, Re 4 is back to Leon, and RE 5 is going to deal with Chris.  Hmm, maybe RE 6 with deal with Leon or Clare.  Just saying.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration - about 10 years...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:34:41 am »
for such a devoted fan it seems like you've never played RE4

also you have bad taste
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:36:21 am »

also you have bad taste
*looks at the 6 times he has beaten RE 4 GCN then the 3 times he beat it for the PS2*

Bad taste?  It was a horrible movie.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:38:38 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 12:39:04 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Seriously, the ho-hum Final Fantasy : Spirits Within movie was better done than RE: D.

No it's not. Spirits Within was a terrible piece of trash.

Leon is now some !@#$% gunslinger character.

LOL. Leon barely has personality in RE4.

In general, the voice acting was horrible.

The voice acting is fine, you just have high standards.

The American DVD has no options for the original Jap voices.

omg the japanese DVD has no options for American voice.

Most of the lines just suck major ass.

Cool line bro.

The quality of the CG was poor at best.

The CG was very well done. Some of the best animated CG I've seen in a long time.

FF: SW was better with the CG.

LOL NO.

The story was forced too much.  They tried to make a movie with a story you would see in the one of the older games: be in a off-wallo area, somehow make it into a research facility, fight a monster 3 times.

Or you know, they tried to tie it into the series instead of stranding off into something that has nothing to do with anything. You know, like that Spirits Within movie you claim is so much better.

They tried too hard to make climatic scenes.  The G-Virus tyrant dude at the end did not fit with the rest of the CG.  Looked like a different style to me.

It looked the exact same. You must be blind.

The movie was rated R for blood violence.  Are you serious?  There was hardly ever any blood spatters or anything.

Not the creators fault. Hur dur.

For someone like me who has been a devoted RE fan since the first game, this was an embarrasment.

You're an embarrasment to the series since you clearly don't know anything.

Sorry, if this seems a little incoherent.  Just upset about a movie that could have been good but falls way short of it.

No, you just expected perfection.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:42:38 am by Zidane »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 12:40:32 am »

also you have bad taste
*looks at the 6 times he has beaten RE 4 GCN then the 3 times he beat it for the PS2*

I'm lolling at you completely missing the point.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 12:44:34 am »
I didn't expect perfection.  I never said the FF: SW was better AS IN A MOVIE.  I said the CG was better made.  Yeah the SW story was !@#$%.  Some of the snimation in RE: D was bizarre and unhuman like.  Never really saw that in FF: SW.

You're an embarrasment to the series since you clearly don't know anything.
Yeah, Pyro, I never understood anything that happened in the storylines.  I never followed RE on the internet since it's birth.  I never closely follwed the timelines for how Umbrella was brought to power.  I never watched the Wesker Files PS1 disc to see how his stories fit in with the RE series.  I never read any books.

Hell, I must have never been on the internet.

also you have bad taste

I'm lolling at you completely missing the point.
I did >.> lol sorry.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 12:47:59 am »
Yeah, Pyro, I never understood anything that happened in the storylines.  I never followed RE on the internet since it's birth.  I never closely follwed the timelines for how Umbrella was brought to power.  I never watched the Wesker Files PS1 disc to see how his stories fit in with the RE series.  I never read any books.

Clearly not since you can't understand that the movie was never intended to be cannon at all.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:48:12 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
I didn't expect perfection.  I never said the FF: SW was better AS IN A MOVIE.  I said the CG was better made.  Yeah the SW story was !@#$%.  Some of the snimation in RE: D was bizarre and unhuman like.  Never really saw that in FF: SW.

You then mentioned the CG was also better later on.

Yeah, Pyro, I never understood anything that happened in the storylines.  I never followed RE on the internet since it's birth.  I never closely follwed the timelines for how Umbrella was brought to power.  I never watched the Wesker Files PS1 disc to see how his stories fit in with the RE series.  I never read any books.

Followed RE on the internet? Just play the damn games and you'll know what's going on instead of researching it online.

I highly doubt you did any of that. You seem like someone who played RE4, researched crap on the internet about Resident Evil, and then thinks he knows all about the series.

Just play the damn games and you'll know what's going on instead of researching it online.

<a href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kw1EKl5-gdc" target="_blank">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kw1EKl5-gdc</a>
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:49:55 am »
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 06:25:35 am »
  • :D
Guys I don't know what you're arguing about, but the movie did kinda suck-- did you see it?  I mean, it's decent for an action-based CGI movie... but action-based CGI movies generally kinda suck.

The story was decent for me... Some of the CGI animation/modeling/texturing sucked BALLS though.

It was an overall meh.  I mean, it's worth seeing once, but by NO means is it a very good movie.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 06:33:16 am »
Guys I don't know what you're arguing about, but the movie did kinda suck-- did you see it?  I mean, it's decent for an action-based CGI movie... but action-based CGI movies generally kinda suck.

The story was decent for me... Some of the CGI animation/modeling/texturing sucked BALLS though.

It was an overall meh.  I mean, it's worth seeing once, but by NO means is it a very good movie.

that's pretty much how I felt about the movie too, but Foreshadower was much too harsh on the movie when it fits in quite well with the RE universe.
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 06:50:13 am »

Quoted for truth. Exactly what I thought after watching it.
the a o d c
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 01:41:46 pm »

I agreeee. I really did dislike the voice acting as well. The CG work was mediocre at best. I mean, if you compare it to everything else that's out there in terms of CG animation, it just can't compare. It still LOOKS like it should be in a videogame rather than a movie based on a videogame. It's just one really long cutsceneee. Hah.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 09:01:49 pm »
In my opinion the CG work was fine, but I agree that the voice acting is not that great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 66 queries.