Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Bands I personally detest  (Read 6481 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Bands I personally detest
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:13:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Nickelback

This band... Is pretty much the one that made me see that some bands are "made" just to satisfy a retarded demographic. Their songs are made simply to rile up teenage girls, and are tailored to get mindless sheeple highschoolers to buy their albums.

They do have some high points and some catchy melodies, but it still doesn't change the fact that they're a tailored band.

The song "Something in Your Mouth" is even more atrocious than a lot of their previous stuff. Not because it's not hot to see a stripper with a thumb in her mouth, but because I'm sick of hearing 15 year old girls singing it.

Buckcherry

This band has no high points. It's demographic is also partiers and druggies. Their annoying vocalist makes me hate the band even more.

The song "Lit Up" just makes me want to choke somebody, and "Crazy !@#$%" reminds me of all of the venereal diseases the people who idolize this band must have. "Too Drunk" is just as bad as "Crazy !@#$%". This band can suck a DICK and die.

Theory of a Dead Man

Oh hey look! Another Nickleback clone that hails yet again from Canada! Don't get me wrong, I like Canada and all, but for gods sake, stop sending us your trash (lol Jennifer Granholm).

"Bad Girlfriend"... Another one of those "Hey look at me I'm going out to clubs and totally !@#$% this chick I don't like" songs that the teeny boppers sing all the time.

That song isn't nearly as bad as "Hate my Life"... Talk about a !@#$% song tailored to every blue collar American's wallet. Oh yes, I hate the hobos too, but I'm not going to write a song about it.

I used to hate Hinder, but they've somewhat redeemed themselves. Sadly these bands are not redeemable. They will always be label-made bands hellbent on targeting an open demographic and taking their cash. It's like Nintendo what with the waggletron and all.

Anyway, what are some bands you personally dislike, and why?

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Bands I personally detest
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:34:33 pm »
  • b e p i s
I think that basically covers it, but adding Hinder to the list for being the same thing: songs that have an OOOOH RISKY title ("Get Stoned!" LOL THAT IS SOOOO DANGEROUS xDDD!!!1) or use terrible, ungodly metaphors like "Lips of an Angel."

Also Slipknot, Stone Sour, Linkin Park (though unfortunately I like some of the songs even though I hate their image), Disturbed, Godsmack...pretty much any of those shitty nu-metal bands.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:12:47 pm »
Yea how does hinder redeem themselves Mamo O_o
the a o d c
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 02:31:48 pm »
Metals been too disappointing now, it seems to of gone towards the scene ... !@#$%.

Only good band I've heard so far is Winds of Plague and Chimaira.

I'm leaving metal behind now, got me some Jason Mraz, The Who, A Change of Pace and Goo Goo Dolls... time to chill out.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:04:34 pm »
  • Silly cat!
I do agree on the Nickelback dealie, but you shouldn't condemn the little girls on having their fun :P.

Hoffy.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:15:23 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I do agree on the Nickelback dealie, but you shouldn't condemn the little girls on having their fun :P.

Yea... would you rather them listen to Nickelback or the Jonas Brothers? I'd hope it would be Nickelback in a heartbeat.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:39:51 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I have decided all forms of entertainment at the moment suck. My musical taste at the moment seems to be limited to Poets of the Fall, The Cure and ALI PROJECT.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 11:52:54 pm »
I've become more and more dissapointed over the years as to the directions music and entertainment in general have been taking. Anything that's any good seems to be few and far between, so I've pretty much given up hope for now and I'm listening to a lot of older music, some as far back as my dad's teenage years.
I've started watching a lot more anime than I used too, in particular lucky star and the miyazaki films.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 11:58:03 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I agree that all of those bands are honest to God terrible.  Of course, the only modern bands I like are Keane and TMBG, and Keane's latest cd was kinda... egh.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 04:37:33 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Because I somewhat like the song Use Me; but that's only because it has a classic rock beat XD... otherwise that band is on my gooch list.
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 05:21:00 am »

Because I somewhat like the song Use Me; but that's only because it has a classic rock beat XD... otherwise that band is on my gooch list.

That's a stupid reason and you know it =[
the a o d c

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 06:15:17 am »
  • b e p i s

Yea... would you rather them listen to Nickelback or the Jonas Brothers? I'd hope it would be Nickelback in a heartbeat.

Actually, I'd much rather listen to the Jonas Brothers. They're annoying, but at least they're not faking it.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 06:45:59 am »
Nickelback gives me a headache (even just thinking about them ARGH)

don't really know or care about the other bands though, I'm really out of the loop with popular music.
  • Google Profile

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 03:44:23 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Jonas Brothers.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 04:42:57 pm »
I hate them because 90 percent of their songs are like...I just hate how some bands have gone to hell and back moral wise. OOOOO let me tell you about this !@#$% i !@#$% every single night of my sorry ass life. Of course all though it's the same girl, I have no idea if shes done anyone else durring the day, inebriated or sober, but that just makes it that much hotter, because i might get HERPES!

I mean REALLY?!?!?! is that what some of these bands have reduces too. Yesh it is ha because im explaining half the songs i hear now a days
xbox live: kirkking look me up!

your Romanian Captain Kirk speaking....yes i said Romanian....
dang it doesn't sound near as impressive on a worldwide board, than in a class of all Oklahomans, lol

-The non DJ Jordan.

When life gives you lemons, THROW THEM BACK AND DEMAND LIMES!"
thomas combs
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 10:37:12 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
Metals been too disappointing now, it seems to of gone towards the scene ... !@#$%.

I'm leaving metal behind now, got me some Jason Mraz, The Who, A Change of Pace and Goo Goo Dolls... time to chill out.
There are way too many amazing modern metal bands for me to name here. You just have to look beyond the mainstream for amazing modern metal.

Add U2 and ACDC to that list of worst bands and it's pretty accurate
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 10:40:19 pm »

There are way too many amazing modern metal bands for me to name here. You just have to look beyond the mainstream for amazing modern metal.

Add U2 and ACDC to that list of worst bands and it's pretty accurate

No there isn't. The last somewhat decent metal band was Arcturus.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 10:42:42 pm »
  • Silly cat!
You all sound like you need to look elsewhere.

The Fall of Troy, The Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, Rage Against The Machine, The Arcade Fire, Coheed & Cambria, Muse, The Strokes, Bright Eyes, Venetian Snares, This Town Needs Guns.

DECENT MUSIX KTNX

Hoffy.
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 10:45:28 pm »

The Fall of Troy, The Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, Rage Against The Machine, The Arcade Fire, Coheed & Cambria, Muse, The Strokes, Bright Eyes, Venetian Snares, This Town Needs Guns.

DECENT MUSIX KTNX

Lol.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 11:06:43 pm »
  • Silly cat!

DECENT MUSIX KTNX

Lol.

::)

Let's not turn this into a UG thread >_>.

Hoffy.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 79 queries.