Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spoofing Four Swords Adventures  (Read 2898 times)

Spoofing Four Swords Adventures
« on: September 04, 2006, 06:20:30 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Hello! I'm kind of new to this forum, and, well, to be honest, I've been checking ZFGC out kind of often without having the thought of actually registering, since I'm most interested in the very games posted here. :P

Ah, well. This time, I had no choice but to register, as I've decided to maybe start a project of my own. A game? Nope, sorry. It's a flash movie. A parody, to be precise. It's spoofing the game "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures", where, as many of us know, Link pulls a magic sword and gets his body split in four exact copies of himself.

In the original Four Swords, we found no difference at all between the four of 'em (except for the colours of their clothes). They were exact clones, and a parody with four identical characters? No way! That's out of the question!

But then, on this very great day, a Gamecube-version of the game was released by the name of Four Swords Adventures, and I fell in love. The action, the puzzles, the graphics... All in up to four players! And, in difference to Four Swords, the four Links were a little different from each other; they're voices.

It hit me. Why would four clones have different vocal cords? I thought that perhaps changes could be, but what about if every one of the Links would change in not just pieces inside of their throat, but the entire body!

So, yeah! Here we have it! My artwork for the movie(s)!

Link to a bigger, and much better quality, image:  http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/6868/fourswordslinksyq5.jpg

I based their heights on their tone of voice; the lower the voice, the taller the character!

Link
Being the unfortunate guy who got tricked by a crazy shade-version of himself (artwork coming soon) to pull the Four Sword, Link is now left with three odd companions in a quest to save princess Zelda and Hyrule from Ganon, the evil piggy (artwork coming soon as well) and Vaati (him too).
Out of the four heroes, Link is the quiet and neutral guy, but even though the leader of them all. One of the two main characters.

Red
Red is the cowardy version of Link. Often used by Blue, as he is small, weak and easy to throw. Great to press buttons with, especially if they're hard to reach. Always hiding behind Purple.

Blue
At first, Blue seems like the typical indifferent and bitter person. But later on, he finds out about the dark secret of the Four Sword. That secret says that when the Four Sword has fulfilled it's mission, Red, Blue and Purple will be sent back into the seal forever. He secretly works against Link, to kill him and perhaps his fellahs, and take his place as the hero of Hyrule.
Short said, Blue is the evil clone.

Purple
Brave, strong and dumb, but his heart might be just as big as his muscles. He always takes on the bad guys and offers himself whenever there's a problem. He's truly the brave guy.

Well, I'm not quite sure if this is an idea to use. Hard to tell. I quite like it, and it's the best Zelda-parody I can come up with. What do you guys think? Should I make this?
Thanks!
  • My DeviantArt
Re: Spoofing Four Swords Adventures
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:26:38 pm »
  • Am i here or am i not?...
Did you say you are new here? ::)

You will be good,goodiegoodie... ::)...

What program do you use for the "flashes"?

have you been at newgrounds?

I think the red one is more like me...
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 06:40:15 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Wow, that's a great idea! Seriously, this sounds very interesting :D

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 06:52:27 pm »
  • 笑い男
haha, the purple link one really reminds me of some cartoon caracter, i just cant seem to picture which one though :(

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Busternaut

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 06:55:03 pm »
Hello! I'm kind of new to this forum, and, well, to be honest, I've been checking ZFGC out kind of often without having the thought of actually registering, since I'm most interested in the very games posted here. :P

Ah, well. This time, I had no choice but to register, as I've decided to maybe start a project of my own. A game? Nope, sorry. It's a flash movie. A parody, to be precise. It's spoofing the game "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures", where, as many of us know, Link pulls a magic sword and gets his body split in four exact copies of himself.

In the original Four Swords, we found no difference at all between the four of 'em (except for the colours of their clothes). They were exact clones, and a parody with four identical characters? No way! That's out of the question!

But then, on this very great day, a Gamecube-version of the game was released by the name of Four Swords Adventures, and I fell in love. The action, the puzzles, the graphics... All in up to four players! And, in difference to Four Swords, the four Links were a little different from each other; they're voices.

It hit me. Why would four clones have different vocal cords? I thought that perhaps changes could be, but what about if every one of the Links would change in not just pieces inside of their throat, but the entire body!

So, yeah! Here we have it! My artwork for the movie(s)!

Link to a bigger, and much better quality, image:  http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/6868/fourswordslinksyq5.jpg

I based their heights on their tone of voice; the lower the voice, the taller the character!

Link
Being the unfortunate guy who got tricked by a crazy shade-version of himself (artwork coming soon) to pull the Four Sword, Link is now left with three odd companions in a quest to save princess Zelda and Hyrule from Ganon, the evil piggy (artwork coming soon as well) and Vaati (him too).
Out of the four heroes, Link is the quiet and neutral guy, but even though the leader of them all. One of the two main characters.

Red
Red is the cowardy version of Link. Often used by Blue, as he is small, weak and easy to throw. Great to press buttons with, especially if they're hard to reach. Always hiding behind Purple.

Blue
At first, Blue seems like the typical indifferent and bitter person. But later on, he finds out about the dark secret of the Four Sword. That secret says that when the Four Sword has fulfilled it's mission, Red, Blue and Purple will be sent back into the seal forever. He secretly works against Link, to kill him and perhaps his fellahs, and take his place as the hero of Hyrule.
Short said, Blue is the evil clone.

Purple
Brave, strong and dumb, but his heart might be just as big as his muscles. He always takes on the bad guys and offers himself whenever there's a problem. He's truly the brave guy.

Well, I'm not quite sure if this is an idea to use. Hard to tell. I quite like it, and it's the best Zelda-parody I can come up with. What do you guys think? Should I make this?
Thanks!
you should have made 1 a girl.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 07:03:56 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Haha, glad you like it so far! ;D
There is still stuff I'm in need of, though, such as logotypes and not to mention a title for the whole thing.

And for Regulus, yes, I actually thought of that. However, I thought of it right as I began with Purple, that is, when I was done with the other three. And would I make a muscular woman? Uhm, nah.
  • My DeviantArt

Busternaut

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 07:20:22 pm »
make red a chick!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 07:36:29 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
He seems more pathetic as a guy. Nah, just the fact that they change greatly in appearance and personality is enough. Switching genders and such would just be going to far. If anyone wants to do a Zelda-parody with a girl-Link, go on. :P

Ah, well then! I might put up an advertisement tomorrow asking for voice-actors and stuff. Until then, good night!
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 08:02:41 pm »
I always though it went green, courage(think farore or kokiri's emerald), red, power(think din or gorons ruby), and then there is blue and purple while there is only one virtue left, wisdom, so I thought that one of them could be speed and the other wisdom, I prefer blue being speed even though nayru and the zora's saphire are depicted as blue.

But I guess we all have different opinions and your idea does make sense too.
Oh and if you wanted you could keep the different phis'ics and just make the red guy a fighter (but still weak)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:04:46 pm by Bboy94 »
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 08:03:28 pm »
  • Serving Your Trainer Needs!
What do you guys think? Should I make this?

This looks so AWESOME! I can't wait to see these guys in action. YES, you should totally make this! My favorite character so far is Red.

he is small, weak and easy to throw.

Easy to throw! HA! I can't wait to see this!

To me Blue seems/looks like he would be stoned all the time. Calm and lethargic, he would always trail behind the group, taking his good ol' time to get where he needs. Why make him evil when there are already two baddies and their loyal legions to fill the role.

Maybe Purple would speak with an Austrian accent (ie: Arnold Schwarzenegger) and would have trouble walking through doorways (because he's so built!)

As far as making one a girl... these are clones of Link... who is a guy. Maybe Princess Zelda could get involved to fulfill a needed female role. Perhaps she could be a reluctant hero once or twice (saves the four Links?)
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 08:27:03 pm »
haha, the purple link one really reminds me of some cartoon caracter, i just cant seem to picture which one though :(
Johhny Bravo?
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 08:30:44 pm »
  • 笑い男
Johhny Bravo?
yeah i guess thats the closest i can think of atm :P

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 08:31:14 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Ah, but Blue is a part of the story. He isn't really planning to kill Link all the time, just making a trail to trick him into traps made by Ganon and his companions. Later on, however, he realizes the true meaning of friendship (as they all save the life of each other and stuff), and starts to change his mind about the troop... yeah, even though it's basically an unserious story, I'm adding in elements of dark- and sadness. You'll hopefully see for yourselves. :)
Thanks for your positive opinion! I really hope I can finish this project! :D

Arnold-like voice for Purple would be awesome. :P
As for female roles, there are actually eight maidens plus Zelda in the game.
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 08:33:02 pm »
I always though it went green, courage(think farore or kokiri's emerald), red, power(think din or gorons ruby), and then there is blue and purple while there is only one virtue left, wisdom, so I thought that one of them could be speed and the other wisdom, I prefer blue being speed even though nayru and the zora's saphire are depicted as blue.

But I guess we all have different opinions and your idea does make sense too.
Oh and if you wanted you could keep the different phis'ics and just make the red guy a fighter (but still weak)
What do you think of that Corniune
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 08:55:49 pm »
  • Serving Your Trainer Needs!
Later on, however, he realizes the true meaning of friendship

Sounds sappy... huh, huh. I originally thought this was going to be a full-blown comedy, but instead you wish to give the characters DEPTH and FEELINGS... LOL. Oh well, to each his own. Taking 2D characters and making them multi-dimensional might not be too bad. Things are looking good so far and it's showing some real promise. Keep it up!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 05:17:00 am »
  • :3
hahah looks cool ifyou need some help with art work ore something like that PM me
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 02:52:02 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Later on, however, he realizes the true meaning of friendship

Sounds sappy... huh, huh. I originally thought this was going to be a full-blown comedy, but instead you wish to give the characters DEPTH and FEELINGS... LOL. Oh well, to each his own. Taking 2D characters and making them multi-dimensional might not be too bad. Things are looking good so far and it's showing some real promise. Keep it up!
Lots of comedy, though. Of course, I'm not that much of a person to make sad stories, but you'll see. I'm kind of good mixing it up without boring the watcher. You won't even notice anything. :P

Also, before asking for voice-actors, I might need to get some more work done myself, like script and more artwork.

hahah looks cool ifyou need some help with art work ore something like that PM me
I'll remember that. ;D

What do you think of that Corniune
Not a bad idea, but it doesn't quite fit with mine. I'm not basing these Links on abilities, just personality and shapes, as well as muscles, beards and huge eyes. :D

If you wish to voice-act in this, take a shot. You have to make up your own lines first, though. Just until I've gotten somewhere into the script of the first movie.
  • My DeviantArt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 68 queries.

anything