Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks for Voting  (Read 4828 times)

Thanks for Voting
« on: August 05, 2007, 02:40:58 pm »
Well I lost to Hane early this morning and I want to just say thank you all for voting. Thanks to all of you who chose Chopik. As I promised I am going to finish off Chopik's Story.

Story - Chopik is the oddly one-of-a-kind animal who happens to be the hero of this tale. He roamed the forests thick and thamble until one morning Chopik met two Beavers, hard puffing away at building "Fort Beaver". Chopik stopped to say hi. But before he could the Beavers challenged him to a Build-Off. He had no time to decline the challenge either. The rules were simple enough; construct a building bigger than "Fort Beaver" by moonup or be forced to serve the Beaver bros forever! The sun rose up, and then it went down, and one building stood the most towerful. Which one was it? The Beavers gaped in astonishment as Chopik Tower loomed overhead. It was only bigger by a bit but it was enough to grant Chopik hihs freedom.
Re: Thanks for Voting
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 04:18:03 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Congratulations at losing! :D
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 04:32:37 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Issac, I don't think I have to remind you that you're on thin ice. I'm not sure if that post was meant to be a flame or a joke, but I don't think your remark is really the kind of thing Moldrill wanted to hear. I guess I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Though, you'd do yourself a great service by wording things better.

...Anyway...
Sorry for hijacking your topic Moldrill, I feel your loss. Your character definitely had potential and looked gorgeous. I hope you have better luck next time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 04:34:11 pm by NeoGeo-x »
My name is Pitt
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 04:36:01 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
It was a joke.

It's good of you to take your lose as a good sport :D
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 08:40:14 pm »
And I am ;) Congratulations Mr. Hoffy. I'm glad I was not beat by someone who I don't think was worthy of defeating me. I don't like serious stories or characters, though people thought that because I didn't that Chopik had little effort put into him. Next Character Competition I hope to progress even further than Chopik did. Unfortunately for some my next character guaranteed will not be serious. :U
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 08:46:08 pm »
Don't worry moldy, the character competition was fun, you're character did great,

There is always next year bud :D

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 09:25:02 pm »
i know. next year my character will be from chopiks world.

and don call me Moldy. Call Moldorma moldy. I am Drilly if you must nickname me.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 09:28:27 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I'm just sad that Tam Tam's better was taken out so soon. :( Sorry mon!
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 09:58:26 pm »
Sorry man, I wish I could vote on you. I really liked Hane's new art.
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 10:13:25 pm »
I understand. Thanks everyone.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 06:35:56 am »
  • Silly cat!
I'm sorry Molly-Drill. Chopik was a great character, it's a shame he didn't have too many matches in the comp. He got pretty far though, and I would've liked to see him reach the end... Chopik was great in a Discuss sort of way.

Better luck next year :).

Hoffy.
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 12:05:08 pm »
Shame you lost, Drilly, really is. Chopik was a wonderful character. Hopefully your next entry into the Character Competition will be just as good - or even better!

Not to say that Hane wasn't a good character, Hoffy, he ruled too :).
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 01:42:50 am »
It was a pleasure (takes hat off). xP
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 12:04:31 pm »
  • [sic]
Chopik was great in a Discuss sort of way.
Exactly what he said. If you could've made the story something somewhat subtle and funny, this character probably would have done even better. As it was, he coasted by mostly on the strength of the great art, so it was inevitable he would lose to a character like Hane.
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 08:49:04 pm »
  • n___n
Issac, I don't think I have to remind you that you're on thin ice. I'm not sure if that post was meant to be a flame or a joke, but I don't think your remark is really the kind of thing Moldrill wanted to hear. I guess I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Though, you'd do yourself a great service by wording things better.

...Anyway...
Sorry for hijacking your topic Moldrill, I feel your loss. Your character definitely had potential and looked gorgeous. I hope you have better luck next time.

Well what are we supposed to do? Give him a virtual hug and say "good job, pal" and pat his back? Sorry Neo, not all of us feel that way. I personally express how I really feel and don't sugar coat my feelings. I'm sure the only thing Moldy wants to hear is "good job dude, Chopik got far and was awesome!" but that's just not how everyone feels. Even then, Isaac wasn't flaming. I think the :D face clearly means he was joking, though I could be wrong.

I personally feel that Chopik could have been developed a little better story-wise and graphics wise and am glad he was beaten. Nothing personal against Moldrill, it's just I disliked Chopik. Isaac could have worded his post differently but I think you just took it the wrong way.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 10:15:28 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Well what are we supposed to do? Give him a virtual hug and say "good job, pal" and pat his back? Sorry Neo, not all of us feel that way. I personally express how I really feel and don't sugar coat my feelings. I'm sure the only thing Moldy wants to hear is "good job dude, Chopik got far and was awesome!" but that's just not how everyone feels. Even then, Isaac wasn't flaming. I think the :D face clearly means he was joking, though I could be wrong.
By "the kind of thing Moldrill wanted to hear" I meant "within the boundaries of what is deemed acceptable by ZFGC standards and rules".

I also didn't mean to censor this topic by disallowing negative comments towards Chopik or Moldrill. You can post that you don't like him, as long as you apply constructive criticism.

Anyway, the point of my previous post was to point out how awfully phrased Issac's reply was, that was all.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 01:00:39 am »
  • n___n
I don't think it's an issue of what ZFGC finds acceptable as opposed to what Moldrill finds acceptable. As far as I'm concerned, ZFGC has done alot worse than this and had minimal or no consequences.

read: Infinitus's hyrule_boy debate
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 01:15:57 am »
It doesn't matter to me if araknidude or issac didn't vote for me. They could have kindly kept their thoughts to themselves as this is clearly for people who did vote for Chopik.
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 01:47:47 am »
  • n___n
It doesn't matter to me if araknidude or issac didn't vote for me. They could have kindly kept their thoughts to themselves as this is clearly for people who did vote for Chopik.

Wrong. Message boards are for sharing thoughts, ideas and provoking discussion among the members of the board. You're right in saying I COULD have kept my thoughts to myself, but I wanted to address Neo's post (which was off-topic, but whatever) and I also wanted to give reasons for NOT voting. It's not exactly the point for which the topic was made (quite the opposite, actually) but if the content of the post is related to the topic's purpose in any way (in this case, you thanked for votes, and I wanted to share my reasons for NOT voting. not the topic's intent, but not off-topic, unrelated or undesired (well, maybe you found it undesirable but the content was appropriate for being in this topic)) then it is acceptable.

This post here was not off-topic, as it's a response to your reply to me and Neo's discussion which is related to the topic.

Not trying to be a pseudo-mod, I just like arguing. xP
Also, Moldrill, nothing personal dude, I just didn't care for Chopik.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:50:29 am by araknidude »
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 05:54:58 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I don't think it's an issue of what ZFGC finds acceptable as opposed to what Moldrill finds acceptable. As far as I'm concerned, ZFGC has done alot worse than this and had minimal or no consequences.

read: Infinitus's hyrule_boy debate
ZFGC has rules. If any staff member doesn't enforce a rule - whether that be deliberately or accidentally - then that is not my responsibility, I am not part of the global moderation nor administration team.

I am a moderator of this board, and I do think these rules against trolling and flaming are important so I choose to enforce them.

And once more; I didn't say Issac crossed the line, I just said Issac's post could be crossing the line, but I wasn't sure. I then gave him both the benefit of the doubt AND the advice to phrase his posts carefully, as there is no more room for mistakes for him because he's got only 1 heart left.
My name is Pitt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 73 queries.