Resources > LTTP & FSA

[Solved] Custom magic attack (alttp style)

(1/5) > >>

Martijn dh:
Hello all,

I have another request for my game: a magic attack to be used with the rod of medu (=stone magic).

With some more work I should be able to release a new demo by the end of next week, but I'm strungling to also be able to include the stone magic. The original plan was to use the magic attack (sound included) from Super Mario World's magikoopa for sprites, but the size was wrong. It should be no larger then 16x16. Also the colors seem really out of place in the style. My editing hasn't helped it much.

I've attached my own attempt at the magic (along with the magic from the ice- and firerod for possible reference). If someone could make me an animation (that DOES fit with the lttp style) to use as stone magic I'd be most gratefull.

pxl_moon (dotyue):
i would suggest something really easy for you...

use the stone that octorocks spit and edit it

Martijn dh:
If I could do it myself I would have already done so. The suggestion is appreciated but I can't really do much with it. Also, the rock is a projectile and not very magic like (if memory serves me correctly that is).

.:
Since it's a weapon that turns things to stone and is called the Rod of Medu, there is a clear reference to Medusa, so maybe you could do something with snakes. The rod it self at least could be a snake or have a snake coiled around it.

Martijn dh:
Here is the itemsprite I'm currently using for the rod of medu itself. It'll basicly be used as seen, but I'm open to improved versions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version