ZFGC CP > King of Thieves

controls question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Max.:
Oh, left THUMB to hit C to roll. Tried it, seems a little cramped to me, I like up arrow better :P

--- Quote from: MG-Zero on August 29, 2015, 09:51:18 pm ---
--- Quote ---how would you talk to those people, would you have to circle around them to their faces so you don't steal from them accidentally when trying to ask directions?
--- End quote ---

Exactly, you can only pick pocket from behind.  From the front is a no-go (wouldn't be very subtle, now would it? haha)

--- Quote ---That would also alleviate accidentally talking to someone when you're just trying to roll past or something.
--- End quote ---

I'm not so concerned about this, you wouldn't really be in a case like that.  To talk to someone, you have to be facing them from the front.  There's no way you're gonna expect the C button to make you roll when you're facing them point blank lmao

--- End quote ---

Haha, okay, I don't think I explained very well. Say the player just wants to talk to this dude he sees walking down the street, he doesn't want to pickpocket the dude (maybe his wallet's full, he doesn't want to risk getting caught, whatever). Usually you can walk up to any side of an NPC to talk to them, does this now mean the player has to work their way around an NPC to their front side in order to talk to them without accidentally stealing their money?

Basically, the question is do you really have to circle around an NPC until you're facing their face in order to chat with them? Since in every other game they turn to face you when you try to talk to them.

MG-Zero:
Hmm, interesting point.  I never really considered the usability of it.  Maybe it would be best to isolate the talk button then.

Max.:
That's what I was thinking. Plus, I don't know if it ever happens to you, but I'll be trying to roll around to get through town faster, and I'll accidentally bump into somebody and start talking when what I'm really trying to do is keep rolling, and I have to deal with their long speech. Isolating the talk button (to space or whatever), would prevent that. Of course, then I'll be rolling through town and might accidentally start trying to pickpocket someone...

MG-Zero:
Was that a thing that happened in the 3D zeldas?  I don't remember how often I accidentally talked to someone while rolling.  I wonder if they added a small cooldown after the roll where you can't talk to someone.

Max.:
You know what, I might be imagining/misremembering it. Or maybe it was when I was swinging a sword or something else. Either way, probably not worth being too concerned about, just a positive side effect of having a devoted talk/read button.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version