Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Navi Trackers - Redux  (Read 7662 times)

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
Zelda Navi Trackers - Redux
« on: July 12, 2015, 12:22:36 pm »
Some time ago I posted Navi Trackers graphics.
I finally decided to search for everything in the game's files to see if I could find anything, aaand:

Boom!

Some tiles have blue background because either I don't have the right palette, or I don't know which palette is the correct one. Sadly most of the characters are missing their respective palettes, also, some Link sprites are missing, like him holding pots, using the hammer, etc.
I edited the sprite sheet so y'all could see everything with different colors (like the numbers).

I'll be updating this topic if I find other stuff, hope it's interesting :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:37:52 am by Darklink45 »
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Zelda Navi Trackers - Redux
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:31:14 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I remember your old sheet! This is a nice update... I think I'm going to need to update the Zelda Items sheet of mine with this new sprite information, if you don't mind...
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 11:44:57 pm »
I remember your old sheet! This is a nice update... I think I'm going to need to update the Zelda Items sheet of mine with this new sprite information, if you don't mind...

Sure thing Miles :)

Well I found a beta sprite sheet:

This file is repeated many times. It has a lot of repeated graphics and beta graphics (Niko, rock's feather hub icon, a bomb, stamp frame).

Beta
Final
Note that Niko's colors are not the right ones.
Finally there are unused graphics:

Here we have (from left to right) Gonzo, a big stamp, a bouncy thing you can find in ALTTP, a big hand. It's nice to see a Gonzo sprite, since he doesn't appear in the GBA, he just announces things on the TV screen, so it seems he was supposed to appear as a sprite.
In fact I believe the final bomb sprites are also unused, since inside the game files there are graphics that include the bomb sprite, a sword and a bow.

So, maybe, you could be able to use a bow and a sword, which would have made the whole game feel a little more Zelda-ish.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:41:13 am by Darklink45 »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 03:27:05 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
*foams at the mouth* Gold! This is gold!
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 03:52:17 am »
So nice!
Like Miles07 said: "This is gold!"
There is more?

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
Zelda Four Swords AE unused sprites
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 03:37:02 am »
So I searched the files of the Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition ROM for unused sprites hoping to find the beta Link sprites, but actually I found some unused sprites:

From top to bottom:
Beta Keese: Keese sprite with a lot of colors and detail, instead of it being just a black bat figure.
Beta Zol: Didn't test the animations so I put the ones that share similar frames in rows.
Great Fairy: A beta great fairy that uses the OOT design, it's really cool to see a MC-styled great fairy, also with great animation.
Note that none of these have their palettes so I gave them modified colors from MC for viewing pleasure.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:43 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Whoa... This came from the DSiware ROM? NOICE!!! Wonder why this wasn't found within the original version's data...

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 11:06:35 pm »
Whoa... This came from the DSiware ROM? NOICE!!! Wonder why this wasn't found within the original version's data...
Actually, I just searched the original and the only ones that appear are the Keese and Zol but no Great Fairy, so I belive they were given an earlier version of the sprite data, or they intended to put in a new Great Fairy.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 04:33:48 pm »
 ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 56 queries.