Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: OOT2D Map Project - Accepting Community Sprites - Read  (Read 204737 times)

Re: OOT2D Map Project
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2011, 04:07:18 pm »
Cool! Of course! Uni!  Yeah, I've heard from my 2 older sisters that have gone through exam period at Uni that it's a real b****, that there's little time for other things- and they'd know, one did History and one did Politics (They got 1sts!!!)
Sorry  :-\
I'll add one of these later.
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2011, 07:53:04 pm »
So, I got back from university today, that's the entire first year done (which makes me a very happy man). It also makes me a man with plenty of free time on his hands, which meant that I could get to work on this project again.

Nowhere new this time, I have re-done areas of my castle town market in order to make the temple of time better and improve on my fountain. Other differences include the happy mask shop, the ground tiles (which now look a little more like the ground from OOT3D), and the doors used to enter buildings from the side.

Constructive criticism is welcome as always, enjoy:

EDIT: For reference, here is the old one:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:07:23 pm by MaJoRa »
  • Elliott Parkinson

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2011, 01:28:31 pm »
  • Silly cat!
These all look great, I just wish someone would take the initiative to mix these up with an A Link to the Past engine and make Ocarina of Time 2D! How hard could it be?

Hoffy.
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2011, 03:44:14 pm »
I'd say use a combination of the two maps. The upper church looks best, as does the central pond. The ground tiles in the lower map look beter those orange ones though.

Hoffy: If you want something done right, do it yourself. Manage to rebuild the entire world in GMare and I'll even promise to bring it to live for you using my engine. Like you said, how hard can it be? XD
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2011, 08:27:12 pm »
Much Better!
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2011, 06:10:36 pm »
So, just a quick post to update, started on this again this morning. I've made some changes (again) to the castle town, this time on the roofs. I noticed that in OOT some were facing different directions, and this added a differing perspective to the town. I created some roofs that have a different orientation on the tiles to copy this:

I would appreciate any pictures or maps of the Haunted Wasteland anyone might have, I don't have a ROM or working N64 atm so I am doing this from memory.

Martijn dh: I'm considering that, I think the colour is too much on the round with the orange tiles and the red roof, I'll get back to you on that one.

EDIT: I have just completed the Gerudo Training grounds. I'm a little skeptic about it myself, it seems so plain and bland, but then I remember that's how it looks in the game... If anyone has ideas about how I can improve or jazz it up I'm all ears. Here it is to see:

Constructive criticism is welcome as always.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:38:41 pm by MaJoRa »
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2012, 11:18:42 pm »
  • ZFGC Founder
Very well done.
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:03 pm »
So I've been busy getting a free Samsung Focus Flash and Nokia Lumia 800 for free from Microsoft the last few weeks, before that was christmas, and before that I was homeless for a few weeks. Forgive my lack of updates here. Either way, I have now completed the Haunted Wasteland.... and I post it here for your personal enjoyment:

Please note that this was done from memory. I know that the cave area to the south is different in OOT, I couldn't find a better way to represent this. Of course ideas are welcome.

In addition, here is the current map as it stands:

Yes, that is the Desert Colossus there. It is as of yet incomplete (and very bodged), it will be a while before I release this in a complete form.

Constructive criticisms please :)
  • Elliott Parkinson
Re: OOT2D Map Project - Haunted Wasteland Comple...
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2012, 02:02:58 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Maybe some details, like rocks and skeletons could add a nice twist, but the concept is pretty great!
And seeing the entire overworld in one picture just shows how much work has gone into this. Amazing job! ^^

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:36 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Great job Majora, keep it up !
If you need screenshots just ask.
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2012, 10:35:46 am »
Out of curiosity, is that in an image editor or are you tiling with Game Maker or something similar?  You may have stated that else where... 
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »
Hands down the most impressive project I've seen on here in the past 7 or 8 years.
Re: OOT2D Map Project - Complete
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38:37 pm »
Right... so heres the deal. It's done! I have now complete my map project and this date (the 20th of April 2012) marks the completion of it.

Below is my Desert Colossus:

I am well aware that sprite wise this area could do with some work. I got a little lazy on the sprites as most were requiring custom jobs, but this project is about mapping, not sprites so much. Criticisms please as usual.

Here is what the complete map looks like:

To answer theforevershadow's question, I make this in MSPaint, no other tools are used.

For those of you looking for awesome projects similar to this, I recommend looking at what Master Yoshi is doing if you are not already: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=35669.0

Basically this guy has some awesome spriting ability and is working on similar work.

Not to say this project is over by a long shot, I am going to see how far I can take this. I feel like ending now is too soon, I will find a new way to step this up.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:54:40 pm by MaJoRa »
  • Elliott Parkinson
Re: OOT2D Map Project - Complete!
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2012, 10:38:03 pm »
This project and Master Yoshis project are absolutely amazing. Even though I dont agree with many of your style choices for your sprites(mixing of other zelda game sprites and such)Im blown away by the work youve done on this, MaJoRa....and all in MS paint too! Wow!
I use MS paint for sprites and I used to use it for tiling but it was a nightmare for tiling!!!
I use GraphicsGale for ripping tiles and tiling maps now...much easier.
I dont agree with many of your style choices for your sprites and your mixing of other zelda game sprites but your actual map layout is mostly excellent.

But yeah, Ive been keeping up with this awesome project since the start and Ive done quite a few rough edits of some of your sprites but havent shown them because they were a bit too messy. The grid thing you use made it too hard and time consuming for me to edit quickly & neatly lol
Also, I can never seem to view your full map as full size :(
Anyway, great work my friend!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:44:42 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2012, 11:07:16 pm »
This project and Master Yoshis project are absolutely amazing. Even though I dont agree with many of your style choices for your sprites(mixing of other zelda game sprites and such)Im blown away by the work youve done on this, MaJoRa....and all in MS paint too! Wow!
I use MS paint for sprites and I used to use it for tiling but it was a nightmare for tiling!!!
I use GraphicsGale for ripping tiles and tiling maps now...much easier.
I dont agree with many of your style choices for your sprites and your mixing of other zelda game sprites but your actual map layout is mostly excellent.

But yeah, Ive been keeping up with this awesome project since the start and Ive done quite a few rough edits of some of your sprites but havent shown them because they were a bit too messy. The grid thing you use made it too hard and time consuming for me to edit quickly & neatly lol
Also, I can never seem to view your full map as full size :(
Anyway, great work my friend!

You can never view my map as full size because I have never uploaded it full size. I have tried uploading it here but the web page crashes and nowhere else seems to be able to upload it (it's 4MB and everywhere has a filesize limit of 1MB). If you (and anyone else who might want it) send me your email address I would be happy to email the file to you. There is currently an issue with a line of pixels missing down the middle, I'll be getting to sorting that.

Also, I agree entirely with some of my style choices. I would have much preferred to keep it all to one style / custom sprite most of it myself. Unfortunately I am a mapper not a spriter and I do not have the skill to do so, hence many of my choices. I am considering opening this up to public input later on so the project can include peoples sprites, I'll see what I want to do with that.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2012, 11:40:35 pm »
Impressive job.

Now do Majora's Mask, MaJoRa :D
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:44 am »
@ MaJoRa -
I see. I'm definitely interested in seeing the map full size. I'll send you my email address soon.

When you say everywhere has a 1MB limit, were you talking about image hosting sites? If so, then imageshack has a 4.50MB limit I think.
And its totally understandable why you went with your style choices. Not everyone is Master Yoshi when it comes to spriting and nailing down one consistent style :)
I admire your excellent map making skills the very hard work put into this.
I hope you carry on with this to be honest.

« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2012, 01:50:29 am »
Now for things such as Ganon's castle, Goron City, Zora's Domain, ect. I'm glad to see your map is finally complete, as it will be a long time until mine ever will be!

thestig

« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2012, 03:14:22 am »
This is remarkably amazing, probably the furthest and closest we would ever come to a complete OOT2D to date. Fantastic job, Majora! This required a crapton of dedication, I'm sure... >_<
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2012, 08:29:48 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Amazing job MaJoRa, good to see someone actually commited enough to finish a project.
Now where is Adult Link's world? :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 78 queries.

anything