Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on the 3DS!  (Read 4566 times)

Thoughts on the 3DS!
« on: June 17, 2010, 09:03:53 pm »
I'm making this topic to hear your thoughts on the 3DS. And also because I know !@#$% all about it.

Most I can add to the table is that I like the look of it, though I notice how it only has 1 analog stick and no one seems to be bitching about it (when everyone bitched about the PSP's 1 analog stick).

Is this one going to be Backwards Compatible with DS games? I don't think there's a GBA slot but yeah if it is I may just get one to replace my DS being as my DS is so old now.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Thoughts on the 3DS!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:56:22 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Backwards compatable with DS and DSi games :D

Also, it's pretty sweet. OoT3d and SF643d are a couple of throwback titles, and then of course Kid Icarus looks damned sweet.

Basically from the videos, it looks like a handheld Wii
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:04:17 pm »
Backwards compatable with DS and DSi games :D

Also, it's pretty sweet. OoT3d and SF643d are a couple of throwback titles, and then of course Kid Icarus looks damned sweet.

Basically from the videos, it looks like a handheld Wii

Good about the BC then, OoT3D? !@#$% yes, never played Star Fox 64 so may end up with that aswell :P.

Handeld Wii? Please dont tell me they added motion Controls?!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:18:49 pm »
I don't know what to think of it. Kid Icarus Uprising looks really sweet. I'm not so thrilled about OOT3D and SF64 3D, mostly because I still have the originals on the N64. They really have to come with new content to be worthy of the remake.

The graphics I think are a bit below the Wii, probably of the level of the Gamecube.

I think the 3D effect will the drain the battery some fierce and that is why Nintendo put the 3D depth slider on it. I would not know of any other purpose for it. The motion and gyro sensors are a nice addition. The 2nd camera on the outside I think is rather pointless. The backwards compatibility is nice and unless the 3DS uses the same type of carts, it is going to disappear after a while. Just like the DSi had no GBA backwards compatibility.

For the rest. Trying is believing. I won't get my hopes up to high.

Most I can add to the table is that I like the look of it, though I notice how it only has 1 analog stick and no one seems to be bitching about it (when everyone bitched about the PSP's 1 analog stick).
Because Playstation fans were used to that luxury. Nintendo fans never really had 2 analog sticks to deal with. Only the GCN had the c-stick. Besides, the 3DS has the touchscreen controls and motion+gyro sensors. In my opinion much better then a second analog stick.

Yes they added motion controls. If you say that Nintendo is going completely the wrong way with this. Then I would say: Don't like it, don't buy it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:20:40 pm by Niek »
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 10:55:01 pm »
Nintendo put the 3D depth slider on it. I would not know of any other purpose for it.

Ahh so the 3D is pretty much optional?

Yes they added motion controls. If you say that Nintendo is going completely the wrong way with this. Then I would say: Don't like it, don't buy it.

Oh !@#$% sakeee. Deff no buy then, motion control is completely the wrong direction it's okay for something like a party console (the Wii) but just no, not for a handheld. Something that's portable, for use on the go.

Hope to God Motion Control isn't going to become the norm for game controlling -_-.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 11:14:32 pm »
Motion control on the 3DS? This can only mean one thing...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 11:27:15 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
o.o I only heard of touch controls. Where you getting motion controls?

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 11:36:30 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Quote from: Klavier Gavin
Hate carrying around multiple DS carts with you when you travel? It sounds like the 3DS will clear up that issue for you.

According to the Japanese publication Nikkei, the 3DS will allow you to store games on the hardware itself. You pop a game in, you copy it over to the DS, and you're set to go! It all seems very cool, and not an approach that Nintendo would traditionally take!
Quote from GoNintendo

Original source from here

Let this be true...

...But I doubt it.

I figured this would be relevant. From RPM's 3DS topic.

That being said, I think it's pretty cool. The slider for the 3D depth (a special request by Miyamoto; he wanted it to be intuitive and to have the changes seen instantaneously. A button or menu wouldn't achieve that) works well, from the demo I saw. Hopefully the myriad color options (I want the purple one) stay, unlike the color options we saw for the Wii that were ultimately scrapped.

All in all, a good system. No mic or GBA slot (naturally), but the joystick should help. Add in backwards compatibility and the possibility of what's at the top of my post... it should be fairly awesome.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 12:40:57 am »

i'd never actually heard of the motion controls either. i just didnt want to sound like an idiot pointing it out in case they were all right. -__-
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 02:42:26 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
But it does have motion controls, almost positive. Like, a tilt sensor like a PS3 SIXAXIS, or the old Kirby Tilt n' Tumble gameboy cartridges.... or iPod Touches and iphones, or any modern device really.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 02:57:36 am »
They have pretty much convinced me, and I'm so buying it on the first day.
The games they presented was so awesome, this is the Nintendo I've been waiting for years to "wake up".

My only problem with it is the money, as I'll have trouble buying all the games that look awesome.
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 02:59:43 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
My thoughts are.. I want one.

I need like a job so I can afford like my huge list of awesome things.
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 03:09:20 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah, for the first time in years Nintendo actually got me very pumped up with their E3 conference. It was well played for the hardcore audience, for sure.
  • Lionfish Apps

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 03:25:10 am »
  • The Mike
I'm looking forward to the 3DS even though I'm got the DS, DS lite and DSi. The 3DS pretty much supports everything the DSi can do. I'd probably sell my DSi if I can get my DSiWare stuff on the 3DS. I think the analog pad is a great addition. It might look silly but I think it'll work better than the PSP's nub. Apparently it works alright.

I don't know what to think of it. Kid Icarus Uprising looks really sweet. I'm not so thrilled about OOT3D and SF64 3D, mostly because I still have the originals on the N64. They really have to come with new content to be worthy of the remake.
I'm sure they would. Otherwise, what would be the point of remaking them. If they added stuff to Super Mario 64 DS, I'm sure they'll add stuff to these titles.

The graphics I think are a bit below the Wii, probably of the level of the Gamecube.
They look better than Gamecube's graphics screenshot wise. If you look at the Kid Icarus screens, you'd notice.

I think the 3D effect will the drain the battery some fierce and that is why Nintendo put the 3D depth slider on it. I would not know of any other purpose for it. The motion and gyro sensors are a nice addition. The 2nd camera on the outside I think is rather pointless. The backwards compatibility is nice and unless the 3DS uses the same type of carts, it is going to disappear after a while. Just like the DSi had no GBA backwards compatibility.
I think Nintendo said they are trying to get the battery power on par with the DSi battery power. I'm sure they'll make the battery a bit better anyway. The 3D depth slider is put there mainly so people can set the 3D to their liking. The second camera on the outside is there to take 3D pictures or something. It's going to be backwards compatible with DS and DSi so there are no worries. The game carts for the 3DS are most likely going to be the same so the DS carts can still fit.

The motion controls will most likely be used for tilt features and such. I'm not sure what else they could do with it yet.

It was said during the press conference and it was revealed between now and March.

My only problem with it is the money, as I'll have trouble buying all the games that look awesome.
I'm sure they would budget it properly. Right now the DSi XL is around $189.99 or $199.99. I'm sure they'd drop the prices for the DS lite, DSi and the XL. I could see it being a little over $200 but I guess we'll have to wait.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 04:07:27 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
I'm sure they would budget it properly. Right now the DSi XL is around $189.99 or $199.99. I'm sure they'd drop the prices for the DS lite, DSi and the XL. I could see it being a little over $200 but I guess we'll have to wait.
Oh yeah i'm sure. I meant things like a 3D tv, and all these ps3 games.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 04:14:19 am »
The Wii is only $200 right now, right? I can't see them pricing the 3DS higher than their main console. I'm calling $200, max, for the 3DS.

• Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 04:49:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The Wii is only $200 right now, right? I can't see them pricing the 3DS higher than their main console. I'm calling $200, max, for the 3DS.

The DSi is like... $179.99 at walmart... <_< I'm reasonably positive a new console is going to be at least $50 more expensive than that.
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 04:52:57 am »
Probably around $250-$300 price range.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 05:06:47 am »
The Wii came out for $250 when it came out 4 years ago. They reduced it by $50 now; the black Wii bundle is $199.99. Same price as the white Wii bundle.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 05:43:04 am »
I'm not going to worry about the money just yet, because it would be rather pointless to debate the price of the 3DS. It is not as if Nintendo is going to listen. When they think it is ready to be revealed they will. In the mean time I will be setting aside the money that I can for when it comes out. And this will be more then the 3DS's price, because I need games as well.

Yup it is even on their site: http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/  And go to features.

Game Controls:
Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Slide Pad" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.

All in all, a good system. No mic or GBA slot (naturally), ...
It has a microphone. See the nintendo site above.

I'm sure they would. Otherwise, what would be the point of remaking them. If they added stuff to Super Mario 64 DS, I'm sure they'll add stuff to these titles.
I know they did with Mario 64, but will the new stuff be enough to warant another buy.

They look better than Gamecube's graphics screenshot wise. If you look at the Kid Icarus screens, you'd notice.
Well I'll never go by screenshots and videos. They can be embellish and often are. It definitely does not have the screen resolution for it. I just won't bring up my hopes to much. The DS was said to have GCN graphics capabilities in the beginning. The game showed to go a little beyond the N64's

Top Screen:
3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).

Touch Screen:
3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.

The second camera on the outside is there to take 3D pictures or something.
Which to me seems pointless.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 95 queries.