Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Project Board Applications  (Read 3280 times)

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
Project Board Applications
« on: March 29, 2009, 05:58:48 pm »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
Do you feel that your game project is good enough to earn its own board?  Then submit a Project Board Application!

An accepted application will earn you and your team a board for your project to use as you like.  Team members will be granted moderation privileges for their board and can run it how they like constrained only by the global forum rules. 

Why?

A board gives your team much more organizational power than a thread so you can better coordinate as your games gets closer to finish.  Additionally, having a project board will highlight your game to the community bringing it that much more attention.  The staff will also try to assist in your project by directing members who may be interested in working on it to you.

Keeping your board

In order to keep your board, the staff must see that your game is progressing reasonably.  If production slackens or halts, your team will be notified by staff.  If nothing continues to happen, you will lose your board and return to the WIP section.

Application:

In order to apply, send a PM to a Project Board staff member, which is currently myself.  Your application will be reviewed and you will be messaged when a decision is reached.  If your board is approved, then you'll be ready to go.  If not, you will be notified as such with details as to why and you will be barred from submitting the title for application for three weeks.  This is to provide time to continue working on your project to refine it.  Please use the following template for your application.

Application Template:
Project Title:
-Game Title
Project Description/Features:
-Description of game and features.  Focus on technical details and story scope of your game so the doability of your project can be determined.

Team Members/Role:
-Member name and what role they serve on your team

Why this project should have a board:
Estimated Date of Completion:
Demo/Prototype:
-A link to a demo or prototype exe.  All applications must have something to this extent.

All applications improperly filled out or which are sent incomplete will be rejected with the waiting period applied.

An accepted application would feature a game with a largely bug free demo, reasonable scope and corresponding team size, and acceptable reason to have a board.

NOTE: This system is largely under test

I C'Z U
Re: Project Board Applications
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 04:07:58 am »
  • Pichuscute
0.0 Haha, kool. *nudges King Mob*

Raen

Are you retarded or something?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:07:03 am »
  • I'm the gosh-darn Batman!
You actually implemented my age-old idea? Cool. I hope people take advantage of this, but that would assume people were making games (which it seems the development community has slowed considerably).

www.myspace.com/applesofidunn

And yes, this is Acid Rain.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 02:32:55 pm »
I'm guessing three people on a game without a title or finish date won't cut it XD
I am curious though. Would you be able to restrict the view (of sections) to teammembers only? As a more organised alternative to pb'ing back and forth. That alone would be more than worth it.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 02:41:09 pm »
I'm guessing three people on a game without a title or finish date won't cut it XD
I am curious though. Would you be able to restrict the view (of sections) to teammembers only? As a more organised alternative to pb'ing back and forth. That alone would be more than worth it.
Perfectly possible to do that, it would just involve making another member group with permissions. The permissions are such a mess already (or at least they were) so I don't envy who has to set that all up properly :P.
Still, if it might promote some activity I wouldn't be against it.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:32:11 pm »
Okay, I'll be requesting a board. We'll just see what happens XD
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 08:33:17 pm »
Pyrazor: Could you send me a reply for the PB I send you? That way I at least know you read it.

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 03:50:01 am »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
I have received it, I've just been exceedingly busy.  I'll get to it as soon as I have some time to properly go through it.

I C'Z U
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 52 queries.

anything