Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Community Projects  (Read 2475 times)

Multiple Community Projects
« on: September 04, 2007, 05:23:46 pm »
I was talking to Venus about the Community Project and we reached the conclusion that it would be good to the site productivity if there were more community projects. Community projects are very beneficial to ZFGC, because of multiple reasons:

Nowadays, ZFGC has the issue that most members can not work deeply on a project because they are too busy with school or college, and some also have work. As in a community project the number of people working on the project is usually much higher, the amount of work that each member has to do is lower. Thus, everyone can help a little, even if they do not play a major role in the production. And more people would be able to start new projects, because they would not be afraid of not being able to complete it.

But why do community projects usually have a higher number of members working on them? That is because they involve the whole community, they are more organized, flexible, decentralized, and they are usually public or semi-private. The project runs less risk of getting stagnate*, not only because of the higher number of members but also because of the flexibility and interaction with the community.

Concluding, I would like to request to enable multiple community projects. As the overuse of the forum could be a problem if there were too many community projects, I suggest that there were a limit amount of available projects (possibly 5?).

PS: *The actual ZFGC Community Project did get stagnate for a few months, but I suppose it was due to specific reasons. If it was a common project (not a community one), things would probably have gotten worse and the change of leadership would not have happened the same way.

I would like to know your opinion about my idea too.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 07:24:07 pm by sjegtp »
Re: Multiple Community Projects
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:23:54 pm »
Yeah, as I got rejected from the other one because of too many people. I also think the second one should be in a real programming language, rather than Game Maker.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:27:12 pm »
I do say something not zelda related since we already are working on it.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:48:10 pm »
I agree, what you are saying is true.  I am in college now and while my time is nearly infinite, well the time that is free, still it is hard to do a project alone.  Having group projects would improve results, the actual games would be more than walking demos, creativity and storylines would be better, etc.  I am not saying that only group projects are good, but they are beneficial, and I would support having them. 
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 09:39:01 pm »
Does this mean you finally listen to me about "post it on a zfgc topic" for ZFGC smash bros? :P
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 09:41:02 pm »
Yes, if my idea is accepted.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 09:44:07 pm »
I agree, what you are saying is true.  I am in college now and while my time is nearly infinite, well the time that is free, still it is hard to do a project alone.  Having group projects would improve results, the actual games would be more than walking demos, creativity and storylines would be better, etc.  I am not saying that only group projects are good, but they are beneficial, and I would support having them. 
Please do! :D

Yeah, as I got rejected from the other one because of too many people. I also think the second one should be in a real programming language, rather than Game Maker.
ZFGC Smash Bros will be coded in C++, right sjegtp?
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 09:46:14 pm »
ZFGC Smash Bros will be coded in C++, right sjegtp?
Yes, I said that in MSN. I'll be using C++ with SDL.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 01:55:48 am »
That would be nice for us.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 02:05:08 am »
Nothing prevents you from forming a group project.

However gaining the status of 'community project' on the other hand is different.

Maybe we should re-consider this?

Maybe create 'sponsored' projects, projects that ZFGC would 'sponsor', or host. We'd give some allocated space (if needed -- i have tons of hosting (not always stable, but lots of space/transfer) along with its own board). There would have to be some criteria though.

Thoughts on my injection? (They wouldn't have to be zelda related -- at least thats my stance now, I'm sure a few of you will try to change that though :p)
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 04:48:01 pm »
That is it. I have been thinking about this idea for some time already, but now that I am working on ZFGC Smash Bros. I decided to post it here - I think my project is very related to this community so that it could also become a comunity project.

But the point is, I'd like to enable multiple community projects, so that more projects can be "sponsored by ZFGC".
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 06:37:04 pm »
Yes, there isn't much of a 'process' in doing that at the moment. :p But there should be!

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 07:44:54 am »
that's a great idea, it might also help breathe new life into the forum.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 63 queries.