Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Pre] ZFGC Smash Bros.  (Read 1784 times)

[Pre] ZFGC Smash Bros.
« on: October 07, 2007, 05:42:40 pm »
(NOTE: I've posted this project in the Indie Ideas and Literature section, but as we've already started making the project, I've locked that topic and created a new one.
This is the link to the other topic: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=19482.0)

Introduction

ZFGC Smash Bros. is a 2D Super Smash Bros. game in which the playable characters and bosses are members and ex-members from ZFGC. The characters’ design is often based on their avatar, their real look, their username, or anything the member or the designers suggest. For instance, FISSURE's look is the same of his character in the last ZFGC character competition, .TakaM uses his real look, and Moldrill's design is completely different from what ZFGCers expect.

The game will have 30 playable characters, though this number may be increased if we manage to do the game fast; and 3 bosses have been chosen so far. I plan on doing the Versus mode first, then the 1-P mode, then other modes if possible. Also, I have no knowledge about multiplayer online games, so it will be difficult to make this online. I think it would be better online, so that 4 people of different places on the world can play together; but I can't ensure you if I'll manage to do it online. If I get someone to help me with online stuff we might be able to make it though. Also, the game is being done in C++ with SDL.

Resources

This game is almost entirely public. We're using a board at Random Gaming Forums(RGF) to post all the resources. Other people who aren't part of the ZFGCSB staff can use any of the resources posted (i.e. pieces of code, images, sound, etc.), what they only need to do is to give credit. They can also help with the project giving suggestions in the coding or editing or recolouring the sprites, increasing the quality of the music, etc.. Credit will be given, of course. The only things that aren't public are important discussions to decide a few things in the game, for instance, Character Discussion: Due to the fact that we are actually talking about people who exist, the character discussion could be target of flaming, trolling and get out of control, so it'll remain private until we finish choosing the characters' abilities.

Recruiting topic

If you want to be part of the staff of the project, here is the link to the recruiting topic:
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=19512.0

Anything done yet?

Some engines, such as zooming, collision and movement are already done.

Here is the movement engine demo:
NOTE: We didn't sprite this demo. We took the sprites from a sprite sheet of Captain Falcon from The Spriters Resources.
http://h1.ripway.com/zfgcsb/zfgcsb_coding_8_demo.zip
EDIT: I reuploaded the demo due to an error I found.
CONTROLS: Player1 moves with A/S/D/W and Player2 moves with J/K/L/I.
If you notice any bugs in the demo, please post it here (and if possible, take a screenshot of the bug by pressing "Alt"+"PrintScreen")
Also, that number in the caption of the screen is the FPS rate. The game runs at 25 FPS, but the caption displays what would be the FPS is it wasn't controlled to be 25. If possible, I'd like you to say what numbers are being displayed in your caption.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 06:44:58 pm by sjegtp »

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Re: [Pre] ZFGC Smash Bros.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 06:18:38 am »
Check out rgf.yudia.net for full updates.
  • Likes to Ramble

Busternaut

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:07:29 pm »
You picked some very bad people for characters...wait only one i see that should not be in, i think you should only put members who were originally from zfgc not from DSR as it is called ZFGC Smash Bros.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 04:06:32 pm »
Who do you want to be in the list, or who do you want to remove from the list?
You know that anyone can change the list, you just have to post it here or at RGF and I might replace the names.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 06:36:51 pm »
  • The Mike
I'm looking forward to playing a demo when the time comes. Man, I wish I could be a fighter in the game.

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 47 queries.

anything