Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: OOT2D Map Project - Accepting Community Sprites - Read  (Read 204755 times)

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
Re: OOT2D Map Project - Accepting Community Spri...
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2012, 12:01:35 am »
  • Forstride Productions
Here's a windmill sprite by Gecko I found in a collection of sprites I have:

Also found this fountain.  Not sure who made it though (It was in a misc. folder)

« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2012, 12:35:17 am »
They are really nice but isnt the style for this project supposed to be LTTP? The windmill is kind of LTTP style but the fountain looks more like minish cap?
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2012, 12:59:38 am »
I made this windmill a very long time ago -

I can do much better now so I will revisit it soon and improve it.
I'll also try to finish off the windmill itself.

EDIT -
So I spent a bit of time improving on my old windmill(Still WIP) -
(Which one do you guys think is best, perspective-wise?)

1]

2]

3]

2 or 3 looks best, right?

Larger versions -

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:08:50 am by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2012, 05:17:02 am »

Needs more bricks, but the fan part is great. Is it called a fan? Blade? Windmill spinning part?

« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2012, 06:17:23 am »

Something like this, but way more cleaned up...
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2012, 08:37:40 am »
Hmmm...looks a little rough.
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2012, 08:39:36 am »
Right, so the soil patch fit in perfectly with the style and the map itself. You can see this in Kokiri Forest.

I have also sorted out my warp pads to be my originals, I think they looked much cleaner and nicer than the monstrosity I had on the map. Master Yoshi I have started replacing gossip stones with yours, you'rs are just so much better than mine.

SkemeKOS. I have replaced the graves in the graveyard that were the same sizes as the ones you provided with your replacements. It looks very good. See below:

This brings me on to a list of sprites I am looking for. The first is the circled section of the image above. It's the ocarina points, mine suck.

So:
Ocarina points
Jabu Jabu area (the pad)
The windmill
Kakariko well
The market fountain
Hyrule castle (more specifically the side entrance, drawbridges)
Gerudo Valley Bridge
The small footbridge going into Gerudo Valley
The prison area of gerudo fortress (mine sucks)
Entrance to the dungeon in the Desert Colossus
The fishing ground (yeah... all of it. Master Yoshi suggested tiles from the swamp in LTTP)
Entrance to the Goron City
The bottom building in Lon Lon Ranch

Absolutely anything else you think you can do better than me, post it.

I'd also like so say that the fountain posted earlier is nice,but too big and definitely will not fit in with the style at all, so it cannot be used. There is also the windmill sprites. The final windmill posted is looking the best, however none are quite what we need. Unfortunately it needs to have the entrance in the cliffside unless I remap a little of it (of course I am open to suggestion if anyone can offer a way to do this well). The actual blades by Skeme KOS? Perfect, awesome job man.

EDIT: Some of the images are uploaded to ZFGC.com, if you're a guest you might not be able to see them without logging in.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:44:53 am by MaJoRa »
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2012, 11:58:55 am »

Something like this, but way more cleaned up...

Thats almost exactly what my old windmill looks like, but I will update it and post it here if you think that shape looks better.

EDIT -
Here it is -

I used LTTPs Death Mountain Temple as a base, but do you think the black outlines are too much?
The colour palette is from Hyrule Castle.

Also, this is how I planned to have an entrance for my new stylised windmill -

Im gonna redo the windmill "fan" now...

@MaJoRa - If you need any of my sprites to be sized-up or down to fit your map better, just let me know.
I'll have a go at all those sprites you and Master Yoshi listed too when I get some more time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:16:44 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2012, 01:44:53 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Also, this is how I planned to have an entrance for my new stylised windmill -

Personally I think this is the best windmill by far.  I really like it.

edit:  I also just thought of something that may be worth taking into consideration.  In the original OOT unless you already know there is an entrance to a level behind the graveyard you don't really notice it, but with the set up you have now if this map were in a game you would see that nice shinny warp pad sitting atop the cliff if you were standing near the main gravestone at the north end of the graveyard.  In my opinion seeing that might ruin the ambiance of the graveyard in game.  I was looking at the map all put together and it looks like there is room to push the warp pad, level entrance, fence, and gossip stone back a bit in order to avoid being able to see it when down in the graveyard.  This is just a suggestion though.  It really looks awesome as is, but it may work better gameplay wise to push it all back a smidgen.  Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:57:52 pm by Aero88 »
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2012, 02:32:35 pm »
Thanks Aero88. I kinda like that one best too. Im gonna add bricks to it and see if that makes it look even better.
About the warp stone being visible, I think I agree with what youre saying. It would look better if its not immediately visible to the player.
If the game uses the same size screen-view as LTTP, then the warp stone would need to be moved up 3 or 4 tiles to be completely hidden from view.

EDIT:
With brick pattern -

Without thick black corners -

Which is better? Or should I just stick with the old windmill style?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:21:42 pm by Skeme KOS »

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »
  • Forstride Productions
I like the 2nd windmill building (The red one) a lot!  However, there's supposed to be 2 windows or whatever (It's just a hole in the wall in the game) that you can jump out of with a cucco.  The first one, you have to use a hookshot on a fence post inside, and then there's a little ramp inside.

Can't remember what it's for, but the windows are there, and it shouldn't be too hard to fit them in somehow.
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2012, 03:25:44 pm »
Thanks TDWP. I can vaguely remember what youre talking about. I havent actually played OOT in ages and I havent got any decent reference pics of the windmill either so improvements like those you mentioned will be made later on.
I will get a ROM version of the game and get some proper reference pics.
Thanks for pointing it out to me, my friend.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:29:43 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2012, 07:13:25 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I really like this improved windmill as a sprite, but it's a big difference between this and the OoTwindmill. The OoT one was really old and all stone:

But this one looks brand-spankin' new!
Maybe you could use something like Leduardo's clock tower for reference, even though its MC style, if you guys want to be more true to OOT:
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=35905.msg402390#msg402390

His is more like the OoT windmill. Albeit in MC style....
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »
Ive planned from the start to have vines growing on the windmill, in the same way that vines/grass is growing on one of the big bridges in LTTP -

I dunno if that will help it look more aged?
I'll show what that looks like later and see what you guys think.

New Windmill fan thingy -

Im not sure if I like the new wood pattern or wood colour though.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:00:59 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2012, 03:10:51 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
New Windmill fan thingy -

Im not sure if I like the new wood pattern or wood colour though.

I think it looks really good.  It seems like it should be mirror imaged though.  I could be wrong but it seems like it should rotate clockwise, but as it is now it would rotate counter-clockwise...  I can't say that I remember for sure which direction it rotated in OOT originally, but it seems like it was clockwise.
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2012, 05:37:24 am »
  • It's just Max.
I just noticed a couple things about the kaka rio graveyard you have:

The gossip stone, without an upper outline, looks like it's sort of part of the ground? Like the top is coming out of the ground and the bottom is separated, if you get what I mean...

The warp pad has weird perspective. So does all Zelda, but this is inconsistent with the rest of ALTTP, maybe the north side should be smaller. Also, it REALLY stands out. What if it were the same colors as the other rocks? The color of the gossip stone?
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2012, 12:32:22 pm »
@Donotfeedthemax - I agree completely about the gossip stone. MaJoRa, I think you should leave it how Master Yoshi made it because its more LTTP style and makes more sense.
I also agree that the warp pad stands out to much, but I think the perspective is OK(I will test what you said though to see if works better)
Heres on I made ages ago from an edit of MaJoRas one -

Im not finished with it yet and want to try a few things out to try and make it a bit better.
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2012, 09:12:12 am »
Right, so lets start with the gossip stones, I didn't edit that sprite, it should have been Ok as it was, some sort of error I have no idea about, I've replaced it with what it should be. The warp pad's perspective I don't agree with, but the colours I do. I attempted to re-pallet it with the colours from the stones in LTTP and realised that I can't because it already uses those colours. I'm guessing those colours were not designed for so much white to be used. I tried taking the colours from Master_Yoshi's gossip stones but that didn't look quite right either. Eventually I have settled for the original LTTP colours but swapping the mid range colour for the white so it stands out less. I still think it needs improvement but it's a change.

I've completed the suggestions to the graveyard, moving the warp pad out of the players view. I agree entirely that it ruins game ambience. You can find it in the image below:

Thoughts and suggestions as always please.

Additionally, I just found another set of sprites I did terrible in the Gerudo Training Grounds, mostly the targets for your arrows and the little stand. if anyone could improve upon these it would be good.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
I think that layout is much better.  There are two tiles missing at the top of the screen though on the grass/shrub line.  Other than that it looks good.

Heres on I made ages ago from an edit of MaJoRas one -

Im not finished with it yet and want to try a few things out to try and make it a bit better.

I kinda think this one would fit better than the warp pad currently being used.  The wider based triforce to me seems to fit LTTP better and the shading makes it pop more.  I like it.  However the triforce itself to me seems to be too high on the pad.  Perhaps if it was moved down a pixel or two.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:34:04 pm by Aero88 »
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2012, 06:15:16 pm »
Looking beautiful, MaJoRa!!! Looks much nicer now with the warp stone and stuff moved up.
Great job, my freind.

@ Aero88 - Youre right about the triforce being too high up on my edit. I will fix that when I improve it later on, so thanks for pointing that out to me. 1 or 2 pixels down should do the trick :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:20:07 pm by Skeme KOS »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 77 queries.