Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: An up coming zelda game  (Read 8685 times)

Ventlo

ZOMBIE KILLIN' SPREE
An up coming zelda game
« on: February 03, 2010, 04:17:14 pm »
As you all may heard, a up coming game I am creating called,Zelda Oath of seasons,
is a Game I'm making just for fun...but I am needing a few sprites for a demo. This came
as an idea when it hit me.It is going to be as fun as Shadow Gazer  XD. So if you or any of your friends have a great zelda minish cap spritesheet or background, or tileset, be sure to send them to me at
 Keshawn.Midgette@Gmail.com
Thanks          ~MC-Link~ 8)

BLOOD, GORE, LANGUAGE!- Everything a gamer needs... :3

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: An up coming zelda game
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 04:32:07 pm »
First off lemme give you a bit of advice. Don't say its going to be as good as Shadow Gazer. None of us will ever have a game close to that quality. Not even Nintendo. That'smy opinion anyway. Secondly, wrong section for this topic for the moment.

As for sprites and tiles, head to Spriters Resource and the graphics section here.

Good luck in your project.
  • Phoenix Heart

Ventlo

ZOMBIE KILLIN' SPREE
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:59:14 pm »
I Didn't say ,"its going to be as good as Shadow Gazer",
I Said its going to be as Fun
but anyway, your my first reply and that's all I care about.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 05:21:44 pm »
Now now MC-Link. Be a little kind towards King Tetiro. He knows what he's talking about and is only trying to help. Openly saying you don't care what people say isn't a great way to start off promoting your game.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 06:26:32 pm »
MC-Link, welcome to ZFGC. But unfortunately I have never heard of Zelda: Oath of Seasons. If you are in need of resources the Resource section of the site has a lot to offer. Also in the graphics and audio boards you can find a lot.

Some other off my ripped resources you can look here: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34950.0

You are most welcome on this site, but I do suggest you read the rules of each board first before creating topics.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:05:42 pm by Niek »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 06:48:22 pm »
  • .越//
just seems to me that I've never read about "Oath of seasons" and you never read about forum rules ;P

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 07:20:55 pm »
Now now MC-Link. Be a little kind towards King Tetiro. He knows what he's talking about and is only trying to help. Openly saying you don't care what people say isn't a great way to start off promoting your game.
Wow I never saw this coming. :D. We all started off like this remember martijn. I used to deny all crits and praise. Now I accept it.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 07:28:14 pm »
Wow I never saw this coming. :D. We all started off like this remember martijn. I used to deny all crits and praise. Now I accept it.

I'm not bashing him or anything. Everyone starts out like this, including me. Doesn't mean it can't be said. It's just some advise for the guy.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 07:59:18 pm »

I'm not bashing him or anything. Everyone starts out like this, including me. Doesn't mean it can't be said. It's just some advise for the guy.
Im not accussing you of bashing man. Im agreeing with you.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 09:40:53 pm »
Woops. My bad then.
Guess I was still a little pissed at the realestate agent that come over earlier today. Arrogant people really turn my mood sour sometimes. ::)

Ventlo

ZOMBIE KILLIN' SPREE
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:57:27 pm »
King Tetiro , I'm sorry about this morning...
I was just angry about my game. It was frozen. :'(
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 12:13:59 am »
I agree with what the others said; don't be be of the thinking that you have to start off big in order for your project to gain attention here. Taking small steps and making sure your project has sustainable quality is enough to get respect for what you're doing. Oh, and I moved your project to Concepts because it didn't meet the qualifications of the Zelda WIP board.

Ventlo

ZOMBIE KILLIN' SPREE
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 04:22:51 pm »
Here is a Screenshot for Zelda oath of seasons...;)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 06:01:38 pm »
Hey that's not a bad start. Sort out the screen resolution and you'll be away!
  • Phoenix Heart

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 09:41:05 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
I really like shadow gazer and it inspired me to make a game myself, yet if you want it to be better then SG, I suggest you come out with trailers and even demos, if you heard SG was going to be an original, if you can compare that to your game then prolly it is or will be better then SG, I'm just saying, but good luck tho.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 02:56:32 am »
That looks nice, but like others said, the resolution needs to be sorted out. I'm also wondering how smooth the engine is.

Besides that it looks like a decent start.

As for the whole SG thing, as fun as and as good as are pretty much the same thing. SG was good because it looked really fun.

Good luck.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 04:58:30 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Honestly, seeing this my first response is "pfft, n00b".

Bragging is fine, so long as you have the spectacle to back it up. The only people who get away with big claims are the people good enough to make them ^^ Until you can get away with the big claims, avoid them, be conservative. If you're game really is going to be all that, then don't tell us, show us. Remember, view everybody as a cynical !@#$% who expects you to fail in a spectacular manner. You have to show you can prove them wrong.

For the love of god
scrolling text is annoyingIt gets in the way of actually reading the text, so I'd suggest avoiding it ^.^ The same goes for the completely pointless coloured text. I had to highlight the yellow just to read it. It's annoying.

Actually tell people what you're working on, explain things. Sum up the story, talk about gameplay features you plan to include/have already made. Mock-ups, designs, anything to convince us you may actually be able to pull it off, to stop us cynics from...well, being cynical. If you don't want to spoil anything you can always write it like the back of a game case,

"Hyrule is in danger, a new unknown threat has emerged and Princess Zelda has commanded the hero, Link, to fufil an ancient write of passage, gather the lost pieces of the Rod of Seasons, and fufil the Oath of Seasons."

Something like that is better than nothing, because "HAI GAIS U HAVE A GREAT GAEM ID3A!!!111" doesn't cut it (I'm exaggerating but you get the idea) =P A screenshot or two, even if they're just mock-ups, is always nice. And obviously always announce mock-ups as such, and not real screenshots.

As for your screenshot, the resolution is *weird*, people expect certain resolutions and breaking the norm either goes spectacularly wrong or spectacularly right. The actual graphics are nice but I could throw something like that together in paint (since the graphics are just ripped/whatever). The lack of anything before to disuade my inherent cynicism definitely doesn't help.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:18:34 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 05:40:28 pm »
  • Minalien
Actually tell people what you're working on, explain things. Sum up the story, talk about gameplay features you plan to include/have already made. Mock-ups, designs, anything to convince us you may actually be able to pull it off, to stop us cynics from...well, being cynical.
But if he summed up all of his plans and what all he has designed for this, then he'd have even less in his post.

As for your screenshot, the resolution is *weird*, people expect certain resolutions and breaking the norm either goes spectacularly wrong or spectacularly right.
Looks to me like he's trying to give a sort of NDS feel. Failing hard at it, but trying nonetheless.

The actual graphics are nice but I could throw something like that together in paint (since the graphics are just ripped/whatever).
Looks like he can and did, too. :P
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 11:28:13 pm »
Here is a Screenshot for Zelda oath of seasons...;)

I have to say that the screenshot is not really remarkable. Besides the weird resolution that was previously mentioned, I have some other remarks.

First the HUD. For the wallet you used all 3 the ruppee icons. The indication for the context button is place next to the button icon, while the item buttons have the item icons overlapping the respective buttons. And the general layout looks as if you desperately wanted to add the HUD, but didn't know how to make it fit and just place them.

The trees are separate tree tiles instead of the interwoven ones used in the Minish Cap. I can understand if you wanted to give some depth to the trees, but you should adjust the shading on the tree tops as well. Without the proper shading there is no depth. ANd there are some tiling errors with the stairs.

I'm not a person to shoot someone down when they talk big, without giving him the chance to back up their words. But like TheDarkJay I am beginning to get cynical. If this first screen and your first request for scripts are any indication, then you seriously have to step up in order to be "as fun/good as Shadowgazer".

I do have a question though. That spritesheet of Link and Zelda in the first post, did you make that yourself?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:31:34 pm by Niek »

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 12:59:45 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
That spr sheet was on a rpg maker forums, I remeber using them looooong time ago lol.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 74 queries.