Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's July 14th again?  (Read 7829 times)

Re: It's July 14th again?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 03:22:21 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
My point still stands.  Anybody can make a new, better site and advertise it to all the cool people from ZFGC.  It doesn't need to be an effort by the people who currently run this site.  It should be done by the people who want to see it happen, instead of them trying to convince other people to do it.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 03:23:15 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I'm not telling them how to run it... I'm stating what I would do if I were in their shoes...  

Personally, I care because I enjoy having a place to show off my art to people who can appreciate, critique, and be inspired by it. I enjoy seeing OTHER people's creativity. There are tons of awesome people here who are a blast to just chat with. Tons of talented graphic artists, musicians, programmers, writers, producers, etc.

For one, I find it sickening for a mod to see that people are trying to stir up some activity and just have it thrown back at them with a nice "IF YOU WANT ACTIVITY, !@#$% OFF AND MAKE YOUR OWN FORUM."
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 03:24:21 am »
My point still stands.  Anybody can make a new, better site and advertise it to all the cool people from ZFGC.  It doesn't need to be an effort by the people who currently run this site.  It should be done by the people who want to see it happen, instead of them trying to convince other people to do it.

because new forums are hard to get activity

wouldn't be the same

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 03:34:03 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
For one, I find it sickening for a mod to see that people are trying to stir up some activity and just have it thrown back at them with a nice "IF YOU WANT ACTIVITY, !@#$% OFF AND MAKE YOUR OWN FORUM."

Essentially the only activity this forum gets is people talking about how it's dead, or people talking about how it needs to change.  I'm just tired of all the complainey people who seem to be in love with ZFGC yet they think it sucks and needs to change.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 03:36:14 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Then why don't you go make a forum full of not whiney people who aren't in love with ZFGC not complaining about how ZFGC sucks and needs to change?
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 03:37:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Essentially the only activity this forum gets is people talking about how it's dead, or people talking about how it needs to change.  I'm just tired of all the complainey people who seem to be in love with ZFGC yet they think it sucks and needs to change.

D:! Why does everyone ignore that my thread was about people needing to *stop* trying to change it and just let it go its course D:...
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 05:45:44 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
Yes, you are being immature.  All I'm saying is you have no business telling other people how to run their website.  And why do you care so much (because you obviously do)?
We (DJ included) care becuase we basically grew up on this damn forum and its a shame to see it go by the way side.  The forum is on its last legs in it current state, you cant deny that. It needs a re-imaging or else it will cease to be. And how are we supped to do anything about it? Our time as moderators and admin as long since passed, youre the ones with the power now. Sure we could go and make a new forum and try to get people to join but while the original still exists it would be a conflict of interest.

All I'm saying is you have no business telling other people how to run their website.
You best step off, DJs been admin more times on this site than TRM has hit the "Pizza" button on his microwave. His contributions have influenced this site more so than other member I can think of. His input has whats best for the site in mind and should be taken seriously and not put off becuase YOU personally don't FEEL like doing what is being suggested.
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 05:55:25 am »
Yes, you are being immature.  All I'm saying is you have no business telling other people how to run their website.  And why do you care so much (because you obviously do)?

I think I can answer the 'why do you care so much anyway' part.

It has to do with being an administrator or staff member here in the past, no matter how much you hated it, no matter how much you wanted out, you look back and think 'man, why didn't I do it this way, why didn't we do it this way', etc.. Thus your heart is always in it, it's impossible to let it go.

I can't excuse his immaturity though.. This shouldn't be about fighting it should be about working together.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 06:03:01 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yes, you are being immature.  All I'm saying is you have no business telling other people how to run their website.  And why do you care so much (because you obviously do)?
We (DJ included) care becuase we basically grew up on this damn forum and its a shame to see it go by the way side.  The forum is on its last legs in it current state, you cant deny that. It needs a re-imaging or else it will cease to be. And how are we supped to do anything about it? Our time as moderators and admin as long since passed, youre the ones with the power now. Sure we could go and make a new forum and try to get people to join but while the original still exists it would be a conflict of interest.

All I'm saying is you have no business telling other people how to run their website.
You best step off, DJs been admin more times on this site than TRM has hit the "Pizza" button on his microwave. His contributions have influenced this site more so than other member I can think of. His input has whats best for the site in mind and should be taken seriously and not put off becuase YOU personally don't FEEL like doing what is being suggested.

I totally less than three you right now
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:08:12 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 06:55:49 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
Well said Delko  :P

and I wholeheartedly agree with DJ.

minus the img board that is... unless you were just implying one be implemented as an addition and not as the new (zf)gc in general.

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 09:41:05 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Being an artist, focusing more on character design, I like the idea of putting emphasis on graphics design. The reason why I haven't posted any of my art here (aside from the Character Competition) is because I can't find a place that fits here for that. I also really enjoy designing UI and piecing UI's together. It'd be nice to have more graphics-oriented forums.

As for the discussion on change and whatnot, I think it's fine to voice an opinion or steps a person would take if they were to run the forum. Honestly DJ has some great ideas and I think we should maybe adopt a few of them.

As it stands, I am fairly neutral to change. If the community doesn't change, the only thing I would like is an added forum for artwork, and I have discussed this earlier.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 04:41:40 pm »
  • ZFGC veteran
*old man voice*: heh heh back when I was a kid we had a Zelda Artwork and General Artwork section on zfgc. It was filled with all kinds'a neat stuff and animu and mango. All them confounded kids and their illegal downloadin'. Back in my day you had to walk 10 miles in the snow barefoot to the game store. By the time you got there ya realized the store wasn't open that day or you got there too early.

:P

but yeah bringing back the Artwork section wouldn't be that hard.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 04:43:44 pm by Link Hero of Time »

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 05:45:36 pm »
  • :D
Turning ZFGC into an imageboard is a completely awful idea.

Honestly I don't give a !@#$% about any other changes, but I just cannot let this place turn into an imageboard.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 05:12:41 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Like I said, that idea was like 6-8 months old.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 02:28:21 pm »
  • :D
I see.  Still a bad idea ;)

I do think ZFGC needs to change, this place is extremely stale.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 68 queries.