Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Zelda's We Never Saw... [Compilation]  (Read 3750 times)

Re: The Zelda's We Never Saw... [Compilation]
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 07:55:09 pm »
  • *whistle*
Here's an interesting one, originally Capcom was going to make six Zelda games on Game Boy Color, two of which were going to be remakes of previous titles, and the other four were going to be original games. Eventually the remakes were scrapped, as was the fourth game, and they decided to make a trilogy. The games in the trilogy would interact with eachother via the link cable and passwords, but they were having difficulty linking three games together, so they settled on two instead. One of the two was a remake of the original Zelda, but they were having difficulty with it and the game was scrapped. However, many of the bosses were included in the Oracle games, likely leftover from the abandoned Zelda 1 remake.
Do you have a source?  I remember an interview with Miyamoto that said the "project" started out as a remake of "Zelda 1", but didn't work because the GBC screen is more square than a tv screen, so it wouldn't fit, and the remnants you see of their efforts can be found in Oracle of Seasons (which, judging by the first dungeon alone should be painfully obvious for veterans of the first).
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/069/069154p1.html

It's IGN ( :-\) but I don't see why they'd lie in this situation.

They lied about Halo DS.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 08:30:57 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Here's an interesting one, originally Capcom was going to make six Zelda games on Game Boy Color, two of which were going to be remakes of previous titles, and the other four were going to be original games. Eventually the remakes were scrapped, as was the fourth game, and they decided to make a trilogy. The games in the trilogy would interact with eachother via the link cable and passwords, but they were having difficulty linking three games together, so they settled on two instead. One of the two was a remake of the original Zelda, but they were having difficulty with it and the game was scrapped. However, many of the bosses were included in the Oracle games, likely leftover from the abandoned Zelda 1 remake.
Do you have a source?  I remember an interview with Miyamoto that said the "project" started out as a remake of "Zelda 1", but didn't work because the GBC screen is more square than a tv screen, so it wouldn't fit, and the remnants you see of their efforts can be found in Oracle of Seasons (which, judging by the first dungeon alone should be painfully obvious for veterans of the first).

They lied about Halo DS.

Theres a Halo psp homebrew game, not to shabby.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 07:38:56 pm »
Yeah, Link looks like a big girl.

Actually, I'm surprised "Zelda III NES" hasn't been mention yet, as I believe it to be the most mysterious of all.

Wasn't it confirmed like ages ago that Zelda III nes is fake?

They lied about Halo DS.
They did not lie about it, they showed a video where they played against each other...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 07:42:07 pm by Hyrule_boy »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 40 queries.