Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chronicles of Freaking Narnia DIRECTOR'S CUT  (Read 1011 times)

Chronicles of Freaking Narnia DIRECTOR'S CUT
« on: July 11, 2006, 05:22:56 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
CHRONICLES OF NARNIA DIRECTOR'S CUT?!?!?!?!?!?!11?!?!bbq!?!11

That's right:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/717/717655p1.html

This will be up there with the best of the best 4 disc DVD sets we've seen... actually, I can't think of too terribly many 4-disc sets dedicated to one movie apart from Ben-Hur, the individual LOTR films and Kingdom of Heaven... (wait-- how many discs was that extended Dances With Wolves film?)

But I'm so freaking excited.  I've seen the original cut so many times, and kept on thinking "I wish there was more-- or rather, I wish the sequel ("Prince Caspian") would come out sooner than 2008.  And my wish for an extended version has been granted (and it makes me glad, that I didn't dish out the extra $15 for the 2-disc version, only getting the 1-disc version of the original).

Anyway, this just lifted my spirits up for the movie year!  With this coming out, along with a few more solid theatrical releases (such as Apocalypto and Eragon), it'll look like another fantastic year for movies... even if X-Men III sucked, and Pirates 2 let down us from our expectations (although it was still good).  Even if the Da Vinci Code was a one-time, over hyped film, even if "An Inconvinient Truth" made me leave the theatre confused at Al Gore being the preacher of Global Warming when there were several distinct shots of him riding in airplanes traveling around the US to tell people to stop polluting the earth with CO2 (although I'd certainly reccomend the movie to those who have interest in Global Warming - 3 stars).[/rant]

Point is: Hollywood has a chance to really make this a memorable movie year, much as they did last year.

Now all they need to do is hurry up and give us that extended version of Braveheart, lol. <_<

Although I have to express my worry about Pathfinder.  Mostly because it looks like a B-movie, and Karl Urban's in it, and it's another "Indian Invasion 3000!" movie.  But hopefully it'll turn out alright. =D

Garbs

Re: Chronicles of Freaking Narnia DIRECTOR'S CUT
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:27:09 pm »
I've never seen the Chronicles of Narnia. Didn't really appeal to me. Btw, X-Men 3 obviously didnt suck because it made loads of money at the box office. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it sucked. Still, i may just pick up this directors cut of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to finally watch it and enjoy all of its extra content.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 10:22:17 pm »
Meh, doesn't really excite me.  I didn't think much of it.  Every time I say that my friends are like "But he was friends with Tolkien!!!" then I reply with a "So what?  That doesn't mean that Lewis had the same talent."  I might pick it up for the sake of seeing if it got any better but since I think the books suck it probably won't seem better in my eyes.

Also, how did Pirates 2 NOT live up to your expectations?
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 12:45:30 pm »
  • Back again.
Pirates 2 had the largest movie opening in history, so, yes, it lived up to my expectations...

...I'm serious, it did!
Just kinda moseying along.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 42 queries.