Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lady in the Water  (Read 3092 times)

Lady in the Water
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:32:36 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I didn't see this movie last night, because I fell asleep and forgot to drive down to the theatre, but my manager told me that he'd lemme see it tonight (but starting at 1 AM = killer).

I hope it has a trailer tagged on to it for Eragon... I'm so excited for that movie!

Anyway, I love M. Night Shyamalan's work, he's very good at drama, and I expect this will be the same (except the Sixth Sense and Signs... those were turkies imo).

I think I'll write a review if I'm not too tired after work tomorrow.

sorachain

Re: Lady in the Water
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 09:38:42 pm »
thats nice  >:( i hated that movie that is gay!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 09:44:02 pm »
Which movie didn't you like of his?

Anyone else going to see it opening day tomorrow?  I wonder if anywhere has any midnight showings (our theatre's certainly not doing any for the public... probably not enough interest).

Well you guys ought to look into it: it looks excellent.  Still haven't seen Devil Wears Prada :(

And You, Me and Dupree is worth a rent.  I laughed so hard during the scenes with Michael Douglas... but the rest of the movie was so-so.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 10:14:47 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
It looks campy as hell, I wont go see it but have fun :P
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 10:20:19 pm »
  • ..Goodbye..
I want to see lady in the water, looks interesting...WHAT A TWIST! Sorry, couldn't resist. n__n;
Helios did it.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 10:25:04 pm »
  • n___n
Looks RE-TAR-DED.

All of his movies suck. It probably isn't even a real wolf monster, I bet it's an ex-lover in a wolf suit!

...WHAT A TWIST!
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 10:30:31 pm »
I saw the teaser and was like, wow! Interesting! So mysterious and really scary concept.

Then I saw the trailer. And god, the movie looked so bad. So borin predictable...
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 10:37:20 pm »
Sixth Sense and Signs

I think you're mixing up his masterpieces with his REAL turkies. ;) You can't honestly say the Village was better than Signs.

Either way, I love the guy's work. I'm not exactly going to run to the theater to see this but there's a large chance that I'll get to it eventually. As for the monsters being real, the plot summary already states that they are, in a sense. The odd thing here is that what you would think is the movie's twist has been revealed already as part of the plot, so either there's a twist on that twist...or none? Doubt it.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 11:03:43 pm »
  • b e p i s
It looks interesting...but I'm personally saving my movie money for Monster House :)
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 11:22:38 pm »
  • hungry..
I'm not really a Shyamalan fan, though I did do a study on him as to whether or not he can be classed as an 'Auteur', in both contemporary and classic  theories.
I don't think I'll go and see this in the cinema, but I will watch it eventually.
  • My Blog

Limey

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 12:50:48 am »
I liked sixth sense a bit, but I really disliked The Villiage.  This movie doesn't really appeal to me at all x_x
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 01:10:49 am »
It looks interesting...but I'm personally saving my movie money for Monster House :)
:x

I *could* be watching that tonight, but I feel that Lady in the Water is a much better choice.

You can't honestly say the Village was better than Signs.
As if that was his only other movie <_<
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 02:55:53 am »
As if that was his only other movie <_<

Haven't seen the others yet, but I know for a fact that the Village was the weakest of the ones I've seen, most will agree. Oh, and for the record, I STILL liked it a bit  :P
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 03:28:25 am »
  • b e p i s
:x

I *could* be watching that tonight, but I feel that Lady in the Water is a much better choice.

Well, you see Possum...I'm not going to see it by myself, if you catch my drift :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Comix

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 03:29:19 am »
I want to see that movie a lot.  I own two of his movies, and I want to see this one.  I haven't seen Unbreakable yet though, mostly because I'd never heard of it before I got the dvd of Signs
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 03:54:26 am »
I saw the the Trailer but it didn't make me want to see it.
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 09:24:24 am »
I saw the trailer when I went and saw Superman, it looked a bit... stupid, but if I have time I might go see it.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 02:55:01 pm »
I haven't heard anything good about it.  Maybe I'll go and see it but I'm not much of a fan of his work anyways. 

Busternaut

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 12:52:59 am »
I think this movies gonna be awesome...and it's funny that Paul Giamatti who is a comedian is in a fantasy horror/suspense movie. :P

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 06:39:16 am »
meh, I heard it really sucked, and that it was obvious that it was originally a fairy tale he made up for his children. Ipersonally loved the beginning of Roger Ebert's review of it though (he hated the movie):

The key to deciphering M. Night Shyamalan's fractured fairy tale, "The Lady in the Water," is to remember that it is rooted in the ancient mythology of Stephen Colbert and "The Colbert Report." It is a warning to Mankind about the dire threat posed by ferocious topiary bears in America today, and a salute to the gigantic, soaring eagle who swoops in to rescue Wet Ladies from pitiless ursine jaws and claws. Colbert oughtta sue.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 74 queries.