Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lady in the Water  (Read 3091 times)

Pedlya

Pederp
Re: Lady in the Water
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 07:10:36 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Ebert and roper are two egotistical morons, who rate movies on premise and not sespince. Dont ever listen to any of their reviews, ever. Especially since its all based upon opinion.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 02:59:18 pm »
  • Back again.
I've seen three of his movies. Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs. Signs is aweseomely creepy. Sixth Sense is just...well, creepy. And Unbreakable is strange. VERY strange.
Just kinda moseying along.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 04:02:38 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
The Sixth Sense was the all time best one I don't think he could ever top it. Unbreakable wasn't too bad either. As for Signs, too me there wasn't really much of a twist.

---SPOLIER ALERT!!---

Wow the aliens are weak to water and mel's wife told him to tell his brother to swing however many months/years ago it was i forget...
---END SPOLIER---

The Village was ok but I didn't know the first time I watched it, until near the end, that the girl was blind, but I think I was too focused on my date...

Lady in the Water didn't seem to appeal to me as much. I'm actually going to go see Clerks 2 tomarrow. ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 04:04:58 am by hbrandinewm »
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 04:30:29 am »
Ipersonally loved the beginning of Roger Ebert's review of it though (he hated the movie):

Do'oh! Roger Ebert is in the hospital so the site editor is filling in. That review was not by Ebert.

Ebert and roper are two egotistical morons, who rate movies on premise and not sespince. Dont ever listen to any of their reviews, ever. Especially since its all based upon opinion.

Well obviously it's based on opinion, what you're supposed to do is listen to what they say and judge whether you agree or not. In that regard I find them quite interesting since they look at films in unique ways and sometimes even manage to show me flaws I might not have noitced otherwise.

As for Signs, too me there wasn't really much of a twist.

It was more a message about faith than it was a twist. All of the family members' problems end up playing parts later on. So I guess each one is sort of a minitwist. Regardless, I just liked Signs because of the atmosphere and the fact that it was kinda creepy.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 04:43:48 am »
Signs was alright except the aliens have to be the biggest retards ever.  The Village was really cool up until, well, I don't want to spoil anything but I'm sure that the people who have seen it can guess what I'm referring to.  The Sixth Sense couldn't hold my attention, I'm not sure if it was because I was younger or if it was due to my raw hatred of that stupid kid.

So I love his work up until the end of his movies since that's when you find out that the bad guys are either completel retards or are nonexistent.  So disappointing, I don't go to horror films to find the "meaning of life."  I go to horror films to have the !@#$% scared out of me.  :p
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 10:55:06 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
He doesn't direct horror: he directs drama (except "The Sixth Sense"-- that was his shot at horror, and it didn't work out so well).
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 02:55:21 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I saw this movie last night.  It's better than Superman (which has retained my "best movie of the summer" vote, next to turkey's like X3, Pirates 2, Da Vinci, etc.), and very well written, filmed: very artistic.

I'd write a review, but you people seem very unenthusiastic about having anything to do with this movie.

And your "fears" were realized.  I can honestly say that this is not suspenseful, horror, or any of that (simply because none of his other movies were, save "The Sixth Sense"), and I only jumped once, because the sprinkler sound effects were so loud.  But you shouldn't get scared one bit in this film.  But if you're looking for an all-around well made film, you ought to check it out.  Beautiful score, cinematography, excellently written.

M. Night Shamylan at his best since Unbreakable.

Busternaut

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 04:11:28 am »
i've seen the last 5 :P

all great [ 'cept Unbreakable that well...meh :P]
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 05:03:29 am »
Eh... I really didn't enjoy it. I laughed through most of it as did the rest of the audience. Eh.. maybe his stuff isn't for me. I wasn't crazy about Signs, either. I do agree that the cinematography was great, though. =D
  • My Photostream

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2006, 03:18:14 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
I guess I'm going to watch this tomarrow instead of taledega nights Dangit!

*hbrandinewm is angry, no one likes hbrandinewm when he's angry...* ::)

Well I'll take a chance and watch it and give my input, I won't be too harsh. I actually did watch the Sixth Sense yesterday but it just wasn't the same because I already knew the twist..
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2006, 05:33:58 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I was offered to see this, and he would pay for me. But I declined, it looks REAL stupid. Im seeing a robin williams movie though. Forgot the name >_>
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 56 queries.