Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [Alpha] Map Editor 0.7a  (Read 16682 times)

Re: [Alpha]Map Editor
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 03:06:22 pm »
Been a while since I've updated.

I'm about 25% done with the new tiling options.  It has unfortunately screwed up my schedule a bit and has forced me to start work on the api for tiling functions.

Originally I was planning to release the dll structure with the next release, but I've come to the conclusion that would be a bad idea due to the custom object drawing code, which will most likely have an effect on that particular structure due to it essentially removing the need for most of the pre-built objects I have in there already.
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 02:17:27 pm »
New Update.  I'm almost done with the custom object drawing code.
This has resulted in the removal of the "Background" and "Region" Object, as they can both be done now using this method.

Also I've finished adding the new tiling options.

So now the custom drawing code as well as the export plugins will be available in the next release.
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 02:49:48 pm »
Sounds delicious. Will be intresting to see this done :P
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 02:39:54 pm »
Sounds delicious. Will be intresting to see this done :P
Even if it feels half-assed? :P

Did a bit more on the tiling functions, I've decided I may as well fully implement that too at the same time.
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 04:23:08 pm »
Just a little question. Hasn't this project gone beyond being a concept?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 02:03:15 pm »
Was working on trying to get proper error reporting support, unfortunately it's a lot harder than I thought it would be and as a result has delayed it much more than I'd liked.

I would say once that's been done, along with any addition bug fixing, I should be ready for a pre-release.  Unfortunately it looks like I'll need to pull back on a few features that I'd already implemented, as the custom coding stuff has messed things up a bit with the export plugins and the like.
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 02:58:17 pm »
Still working on this, I've been doing a fair amount of code revamping and moving code around and such.  So it seems getting a demo out will be fair ways off.
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 02:50:26 pm »
Still, Still working.  I've been making great strides lately.  Still have a crap load of bugs to fix, and I broke my saving/loading functions in the process due to all the code changes.

Ended Up having to make my own custom treeview control instead of using the one .Net provides, it now supports icons for each node that has one and also multi-select controls so you can now move multiple objects.
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 03:08:16 pm »
Good to hear you're still making progress :)
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 04:08:23 pm »
Been working on a new feature that allows you to place a map into another map as in editable node.  A good example of where this might come in handy is the overworld scenario, where you have one gigantic world, from a development perspective, you may want to keep all these sections separate.  However from a mapping perspective you generally want to create it as one large map.

This also goes towards to solving the issue with multiple people working on the same map.

Anyway, did some more bug fixing today and started working on the undo/redo functionality, which is the last feature I intend to add for the next alpha.

I'm quite surprised I haven't shelved this yet.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 04:09:42 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Been working on a new feature that allows you to place a map into another map as in editable node.  A good example of where this might come in handy is the overworld scenario, where you have one gigantic world, from a development perspective, you may want to keep all these sections separate.  However from a mapping perspective you generally want to create it as one large map.

This also goes towards to solving the issue with multiple people working on the same map.

Anyway, did some more bug fixing today and started working on the undo/redo functionality, which is the last feature I intend to add for the next alpha.

I'm quite surprised I haven't shelved this yet.

Best feature ever IMO

I hate having to load each section of my map individually without being able to reference the last chunk of map I was working on D:
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 02:46:06 pm »
Ok well undo/redo is almost complete, I only need to link my plugins in with my undo/redo system for it to be properly working.  I'm hoping to come out with another alpha soon.

Also I've decided on the feature list for the next alpha version:
- Export Plugins
- Tile Suggest (This goes towards solving one of the main issues with tile sets, organisation, you would select a tile and then it would suggest tiles that would best fit with that tile)
- Map Linking Tags (Allows you to place a marker anywhere on the map, which when clicked will open up the associated map, the idea being that you would place them on doors and such and then you would link it to where you would go if you went through that door)
- Online Storage Solution (The main idea with this is that all resources and everything else would be stored online, you would then download updated files that you don't already have, work on them, and commit your changes, ensuring you're always working with the latest version)
Re: [Alpha] Map Editor 0.7a
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 08:31:57 am »
New Version Is Up.
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 11:05:42 am »
Released Another Version.
Info in first post.
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 06:56:20 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
It immediately crashes when I start it up D=

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 08:00:33 am »
It immediately crashes when I start it up D=
Did you extract all the first beforehand, have the latest .net/xna runtimes?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:23:38 am by Windy »
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 07:21:44 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
yes yes and yes

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 01:58:47 pm »
I think I was able to find the issue, it was attempting to load a background that didn't exist.  I've added in more exception handling so it's easier to find out which object is causing the issue.  So hopefully if there are any other issues it'll be easier to find them.

I've uploaded the newer version, same url.
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 08:21:31 am »
Well, I gave this a go. I figured feedback is a good thing for development. I'm running Windows XP Pro off a laptop, with a Nvidia Go 7400 video card. I have the latest .net and XNA versions. I open up the program, which does not crash for me. Like other people have mentioned. However, I can't figure out how to draw anything. It flashes pink and green constantly around the actual map area. So the map is white and outside of it, it toggles bright green and pink. If I move the mouse within the map panel, it does this rapidly. I'm guessing every time OnPaint() | Invalidate() is called, this happens.

The main thing is I click on the map editor and I can't get it to draw anything. I try making new maps, selecting different tiles. Yet when I click on the map, I get nothing. Am I missing something here? I can't even add default objects. Or at least none of these things show up.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 04:40:25 pm »
Before you can add tiles you first need to add a tile function, which you do by right clicking on the tree and selecting add tile function, then you click on the add tile button to add tiles.
I'll look into the flashing issue, although I don't experience it, I've got a few ideas as to how I could fix it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 74 queries.