Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

In videogames, do you like to be the Good Guy or the Bad Guy?

Good
- 7 (38.9%)
Evil
- 11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you like being the Good or Evil character?  (Read 2316 times)

Re: Do you like being the Good or Evil character...
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 01:15:32 pm »
  • IBV
Meh. What the hell is good and evil anyway? When I played Oblivion I never for example thought deadra was inherently evil. It disturbed me when people (out of game) said they were the evil and the Imperials were the good ones (IMO, the Imperials were pretty !@#$% up too). And some of the dark brotherhood quests could be considered non-bad depending on your way of thinking. Assassinate the guy who murdered a woman for example. The Thieves guild was pretty much take from the rich give to the poor; could be considered both bad and good, just like everything else.
To be honest I hate all these good-evil dualism games out there. And it's a frequent element in RPGs... truly sucks. Both Oblivion and Gothic 3 showed at least that both sides were no naturally or objectively good or evil (in Oblivion, some in-game mage scholars said that not all deadra was the same, and not all inherently evil, and Gothic 3 descriptions said that Orcs were not supposed to be considered evil as humans were considered good). That new game, Two Worlds or what it is called, it another thing. I believe it was based on the good-evil dualism, which I don't like.

If you add an option "I don't care; I play as I myself believe is right or wrong" I would vote that.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 01:17:11 pm »
Meh. What the hell is good and evil anyway? When I played Oblivion I never for example thought deadra was inherently evil. It disturbed me when people (out of game) said they were the evil and the Imperials were the good ones (IMO, the Imperials were pretty !@#$% up too). And some of the dark brotherhood quests could be considered non-bad depending on your way of thinking. Assassinate the guy who murdered a woman for example. The Thieves guild was pretty much take from the rich give to the poor; could be considered both bad and good, just like everything else.
To be honest I hate all these good-evil dualism games out there. And it's a frequent element in RPGs... truly sucks. Both Oblivion and Gothic 3 showed at least that both sides were no naturally or objectively good or evil (in Oblivion, some in-game mage scholars said that not all deadra was the same, and not all inherently evil, and Gothic 3 descriptions said that Orcs were not supposed to be considered evil as humans were considered good). That new game, Two Worlds or what it is called, it another thing. I believe it was based on the good-evil dualism, which I don't like.

If you add an option "I don't care; I play as I myself believe is right or wrong" I would vote that.
Daedra are already said not to be good or evil in the human sense. Did you play Shivering Isles?
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 01:25:56 pm »
  • IBV

Daedra are already said not to be good or evil in the human sense. Did you play Shivering Isles?
Yes, that's what I mean. But some people thought there were "evil" because of the lava and stuff >_> That was only in Dagons realm though (and saying that was evil would be instant failure, unless it was supposed to be from an enemy of Dagon in-game, of course.... I mean, it's "we are good, they are evil"). And yes, I did play SI.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 01:26:58 pm »
  • hehe
it normally depends on the advantages in that game, but just on defalt i would go evil
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 01:27:57 pm »

Yes, that's what I mean. But some people thought there were "evil" because of the lava and stuff >_> That was only in Dagons realm though (and saying that was evil would be instant failure, unless it was supposed to be from an enemy of Dagon in-game, of course.... I mean, it's "we are good, they are evil"). And yes, I did play SI.
That makes me want to make a game where I REALLY screw around with people's definitions of good and evil.
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 01:38:32 pm »
  • IBV

That makes me want to make a game where I REALLY screw around with people's definitions of good and evil.

Already being done... by me >_> Though, I'm not working on it very actively (although, probably more than freeGM, to be honest >_>). And as soon as I have some ground to stand on, I'll release it to the public so I can get some help in development.
Although mine ignores the concept of good-evil dualism in RPGs, it does contain life-death dualism (and possibly other kinds of dualism). Good-evil will still be a used concept, but it will be used more in a subjective sense for characters (depending on their background) and not as something the game is based on (like, teh good humans against teh evil wizard!!!1111).
My signature is empty.
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 03:56:33 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Between pure good and pure evil? Pure evil FTW!

I like to be neutral though. The concept of doing something because it's the 'right thing to do' seems like such !@#$% to me. When I roleplay in games etc, my characters only do something because they get something out of it, like money, or a !@#$% huge sword, or godlike power, or being able to live to see another day (or night, since I like to play as a vampire more than anything else).

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 03:59:27 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
I prefer to play in the middle, like a normal person would in real life.  You try to do good whenever you can, but sometimes you have to do dark things to in the end have something good happen, perhaps saving a friend, or getting that godlike power like TDJ said.

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 04:02:52 pm »
Mostly I cant choose :P But if it is games like Good and Evil has different Races, jobs etc. (games like WoW right?) I choose for the best race and then I'll see what I am XD
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 04:15:34 pm »
Well if the game gives the choice, like in fable, and it is a good game I will play through twice at least on good and evil, but I usually try evil first.. I find its often easier though as you don't have to be so careful about hurting NPCs.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 57 queries.