Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Would you buy Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask on the DS?

Totally
- 34 (56.7%)
Yes
- 7 (11.7%)
Maybe
- 9 (15%)
Probably
- 2 (3.3%)
Never
- 8 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina Of Time DS  (Read 6942 times)

Re: Ocarina Of Time DS
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 12:28:42 pm »
Oh please no. Please Nintendo don't do this.
Oh please no. Please Nintendo don't listen to CoNfUsEd_GaMeR!
His nickname already explains 99%...

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 01:07:17 pm »
  • :3
If I get any more OoT !@#$%(and yes, TP counts as half a remake/port thing), I think I'm going to throw up, and then kill everyone, not just the people at Nintendo, and then I'm going to blow up the internet and stuff.
When do you stop speaking !@#$%?

When do you stop buying !@#$%?  It's pretty obvious that Nintendo only intended to make an OoT2 with TP.  I'd rather have a new game like MM or TWW than having to replay a game with realistic graphics.

Gannon-banned! Wow, what logic- TP is 3D and set in Hyrule, it has to be a sequel to OoT! In case you haven't noticed, it's almost entirely different, except for common features/game mechanics. Going by your logic, OoT is ALTTP2, and therefore !@#$%.

And by the way, a sequel isn't a remake, dumbass.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 08:44:57 pm »
If I get any more OoT !@#$%(and yes, TP counts as half a remake/port thing), I think I'm going to throw up, and then kill everyone, not just the people at Nintendo, and then I'm going to blow up the internet and stuff.

When do you stop buying !@#$%?  It's pretty obvious that Nintendo only intended to make an OoT2 with TP.  I'd rather have a new game like MM or TWW than having to replay a game with realistic graphics.

Gannon-banned! Wow, what logic- TP is 3D and set in Hyrule, it has to be a sequel to OoT! In case you haven't noticed, it's almost entirely different, except for common features/game mechanics. Going by your logic, OoT is ALTTP2, and therefore !@#$%.

And by the way, a sequel isn't a remake, dumbass.

Actually, OoT is ALttP2, and that isn't !@#$%.

And plus, MM and TWW both managed to be sequels to OoT without carbon copies of nearly everything from the game, or at least not nearly as much as TP did.  MM introduced new gameplay mechanics that were actually fleshed out, such as the transformation masks and the time system.  It also didn't have horrible cliche's like Ganondorf and the black and white "omg ganon is t3h EVIIIL an i must stawp him lol"

And although TWW followed the same sort of outline for the main quest, much more of it's story was still pretty original, being based on the ocean and all with a forgotten world below, and the villian is much deeper and has less of that stupid "black and white" theme.  And mostly there is gameplay as new as in MM, like the sailing(which is actually a lot more fun than horseback), the parry system, being able to pick up enemies weapons, etc.

But I found little to nothing new in TP, aside from Ordon, Zant, and the layout of Hyrule.  Ganondorf was pretty much a remake of his horrendous OoT incarnation, nothing much about Epona changed aside from how she looked and her role in the game, and once again, just like ALttP and OoT, 97 % of the game is dungeons(which for the most part all have the same themes as OoT's dungeons).
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 03:04:13 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
WHAT?
It's already been confirmed that OoT is earlier in the storyline that ALttP.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 03:19:25 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
WHAT?
It's already been confirmed that OoT is earlier in the storyline that ALttP.
*Facepalms*
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 05:50:11 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Eater I don't understand your crazy logic but TP is by no means a remake of OoT It is most certainly a remake (there is suspicion that the ghost who teaches you the techniques is in fact the Hero of Time) TP takes place in a totally different time stream though, It's actually a parallel to OoT. It's a "What If" type of game and explains what happens after Zelda sent Link back in time. The sages attempted to get rid of ganon but only managed to trap him in the Twilight realm after he nearly breaks free. (akin to the Dark World in ALTTP)

But he dies standing up o.0

Also despite the fact that the game is insanely easy It's very fun and has excellent replay value, I played it from beginning to end dozens of times and have yet to grow bored of it.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2007, 08:43:58 am »
  • Silly cat!
IMO, Twilight Princess borrows story elements from The Wind Waker and gameplay elements from Ocarina of Time. It's probably the most unoriginal Zelda title... But it's not a remake, no sir.

Hoffy.
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2007, 09:37:21 am »

Wow... you're even more dumb then I thought... TP isn't a sequel to OOT.
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2007, 10:34:14 am »
I voted yes, but thinking about it thats only because its been a long long time since I last played it and its an important game to me as lame as that may sound :P.

But to be honest I wouldn't just want another lousy port, and I would much rather have a new MM, all the same generally but as someone else said a more cell shaded kind of graphics but not the PH perspective.. but then I don't know if they could do it justice, such a small screen might not give the right atmosphere.

If they did mess it up somewhat then I would at least play it on my slot1 device hehe.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2007, 10:35:21 am »
  • Fendez Coder
Everything Eater says is true, he's made some of the most intelligent posts here, unlike you Hyrule Boy, [flame removed]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:44:05 pm by Limey »

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2007, 10:45:52 am »
  • If not now, when?
Zelda? Original? What game series have you people been playing for the last 21 years...

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2007, 10:53:14 am »
I said totally. Why? Because the idea is possible!

It is about more than 90% possible!
  • Phoenix Heart

GANONSLAY3R

my xbox live gamer tag - GANON SLAY3R
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2007, 11:00:49 am »
why have so many people voted no, if  they ported ocarina of time to the DS and it came out tomorrow everyone here would still buy it.
Ocarina of Time Re-imagined cooming soon....
  • OOT Re-imagined Web

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2007, 11:10:50 am »
Of course. It is sooo obvious.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2007, 06:37:32 pm »
why have so many people voted no, if  they ported ocarina of time to the DS and it came out tomorrow everyone here would still buy it.

I wouldn't.  I already have OoT on the Collecter's disc, and that's only because my brother sold my N64 along with all the games I had for it(and because I wanted to play LoZ, AoL, and MM, which I'd never gotten a chance to play before).  If I had a DS, I'd rather waste my money on pokeymanz games, and go around saying "let me show you them!"
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2007, 07:28:09 pm »
  • Lul
Waste of time and money (not that the money part matters much....... ) . Make a WHOLE NEW Zelda game instead! <___<
Btw they will probably never finish it anyway, just like... (I'm just kidding, please don't continue this sentence <_<)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:30:26 pm by Tabby »
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2007, 08:36:57 pm »
I'd definitly buy it; hell I have been wishing someone would make OOT2D then port it to the DS or something just to have the game with me to take to work.

For those who want a new Zelda game, it's called Phantom of the Hourglass. Most ports are send to a 3rd party company and would not take away from development time from the main team, so porting would make little difference.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2007, 08:37:51 pm »
That would be a great idea if they re made it, and chaged a few things!

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2007, 08:39:11 pm »
I'd definitly buy it; hell I have been wishing someone would make OOT2D then port it to the DS or something just to have the game with me to take to work.

For those who want a new Zelda game, it's called Phantom of the Hourglass. Most ports are send to a 3rd party company and would not take away from development time from the main team, so porting would make little difference.

How to you port stuff to ds?
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2007, 08:41:55 pm »

How to you port stuff to ds?

Maybe Via wireless connecting?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 78 queries.