Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Weekly  (Read 1274 times)

ZFGC Weekly
« on: February 01, 2009, 05:29:31 am »

Volume 8, Issue 1 - February 1, 2009
irc.windfyre.net #zfgc
This week's banner courtesy of Yubel and icon courtesy of 4Sword

1. Community Announcements  (Ctrl+F CA2)
2. Best of the Forum  (Ctrl+F BF2)
3. Weekly Awards  (Ctrl+F WA2)
4. The Big Question  (Ctrl+F BQ2)

Community Announcements (CA2)

-- The Character Contest is now past all the Battle Royales and is winding down, with almost the semi-finals being over. The previous match winners of the week were Sarah Palin and the Fartriloquist. The current match is between Jar and Sarah Palin.

-- The Project of the Week is no more! The Project of the Month is now launched. In addition to being named "Project of the Month", a project chosen for the honor will have a news item about it, will be featured on the site for a month, and will have its topic stickied.

-- While it is not finalized yet, the likelihood is that for three weeks of each month, there will be a news item series called Project Roundup. The one week it isn't around is for the first week of the Project of the Month being announced - this gives it some of its own space.

-- The Big Question is now being conjoined with the ZFGC Weekly itself due to lack of replies to the Weekly as well as a removal of one of its sections. All this means is that to answer the Big Question, you just comment on the Weekly.

Best of the Forum (BF2)

Being in Good Standing.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33347.0
Quote from: Xiphirx
As for me, I have bad posture, and I want to fix it! It's annoying to remember to stand/sit up straight :P

Preaching to the Choir.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33335.0
Quote from: Pedlya
I can't get a job. I am not being lazy, I'm really trying. I live in California, or as I like to call it "New New Mexico". This is getting ridiculous. I NEED MONEY. I'm hungry every day, my parents are driving me mad, I want out of here. I'm almost 19 years old, and Ive never had a real job. I know 16 year olds with jobs, this is insane. I look on craigslist every day, I go to every fast food place and apply, I go to wal mart, target, OSH, every store in my shitty mall, and every single small business here. No one has hired me. No one has even given me a stupid !@#$% Interview. I have NO Police Records, I am not disabled, I am a white male. Since when does this happen in America? I can remember when I was 10, when this town wasn't LITERALLY 70% Mexicans. There were NOW HIRING signs as far as the eye can see. I !@#$% hate life right now.

Ask About His Friend Zumbo.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33345.0
Quote from: Dracon
This man is a the most beautiful Australian ever to grace Australia. He's like some sort of Australia zombie; if he bites you, you turn Australian too. Of course nobody can resist being bitten by such a beautiful man
(I wrote this entire thread with an Aussie accent)

Memories are Cheaper and More Worth It.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33340.0
Quote from: Jeod
I was just thinking about BK series and how much it might be worth factory sealed now, and damn. It's not much. But then I remembered the smallish and less-important GBA game they made and it's like 60 bucks new and sealed.

Looked up OoT N64 too, and it's 150 sealed.

Weekly Awards (WA2)

Sprite of the Week
Nabeshin's Hairy Jellies
Quote from: Nabeshin

These delightful gelatinous fellows are cumulatively one boss in the game.  The hair is obviously unfinished, but I was just wondering how they looked so far overall.  It's Minish Cap style, so I hope they fit, but if anything sticks out be sure to let me know.

Drawings of the Week
ArcticFerret's Random Drawings
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33342.0
Quote from: ArcticFerret
Hi. I just wanted to show off some of my talent. I havent always done just spriting. Here's just some of the pictures I've made over the last few years. I didnt want to have to take them out of their frames and scan each individual drawing, so I took a picture of the drawing on the walls of my bedroom. Sorry about the flash from the camera in the pictures. It was unavoidable. Please enjoy.

Mater from Cars

[This was a drawing I drew for my Neice's 3rd Birthday. Cars is a really good movie.]

Kensuke (Kenny from South Park Episode Good Times With Weapons)

[Drew this one for an old friend]

[...]

I hope you liked these pictures as much as I did making them.

Audio of the Week
D-Pad's Mother 3 Remixes
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33252.0
Quote from: D-Pad
I reorchestrated one of my favorite pieces from Mother 3. Take a listen and tell me what you think:

Destroyer Anthem (Gyrorchestrated)

Edit - Version 2
Destroyer Anthem (Gyrorchestrated) V2

Big Question (BQ2)

Last week's question: Considering that Ganondorf and Vaati have been featured in more than one Zelda game, should another villain like one such as Majora or otherwise be featured in a future game instead?
Summary of answers: While the old villains were good, seeing a new boss would not be so bad either. Considering that the DS game had a new villain, a new Wii game could use one too if that would work.

This week's question: Considering that it is hard to get input elsewhere, does anyone have any other ideas for the Weekly or gripes with its current state?

Author of this week's issue: 4Sword

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:52:52 pm »
  • The Mike
I think the Weekly could use a couple more features but I can't think of anything. Sure it can be entertaining week by weeks but it needs something else in there.

• Zelda Eternity
ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 05:14:18 pm »
I was thinking over what Dantz had originally planned for the Weekly Featured Project section to include. This was games or good user works. If anything, the Weekly could add a weekly tribute to a users' actions of the week; and at the end of the month a member of the month could be chosen. Might be quirky to document user's weekly behavior though. Might get the Weekly more viewers, I don't know.

The Member of the Month icon would likely be this:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 44 queries.