Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: [Screens] LOZ 3D  (Read 63859 times)

Re: [WIP] LOZ 3D
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2008, 04:00:12 am »
  • Pichuscute
Yessss, thats awesome. Then I could use that stuff to make 3d games easier on Gamemaker. Its really annoying to do. I've done a few times, but it glitches up every time so I quit. So I would to see this happen =-P. Great news.
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2008, 04:04:52 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
Is that possible to recreate the engine so it runs exactly the same on each of these programs?

I'm really not sure about it when it comes to gamemaker due to limitations, then again I don't know what .dll's and such can do to majorly improve it.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2008, 09:04:14 am »
  • 1 Man Army making Hylian Legends
HyperKnight-

Yes I think it is, though it'll likely have different pro's & cons for each program, with things like
max textures/models in a level, or higher frame rates in one versus the other.

I *was* actually going to do it in gamemaker, as I *can* load a level at the current quality in
without issue- however editing levels and such in Gamecore is easier for me, and requires a
much shorter pipeline for me to get things 'in-game' than gamemaker does. And I don't panic
with GC if I forget a .dll (since there are none) and I'm suddenly losing 20-50 fps...

In other news-

Let me know what you all here at ZFGC think of the inventory template thus far:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:06:51 am by zeldaknack »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2008, 10:53:34 am »
That inventory base is sexy!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2008, 09:53:22 pm »
  • Pichuscute
I really like the way that inventory looks, too.
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2008, 01:31:59 am »
It's good, clear and easy on the eyes. Also it makes me think "ITEMS!" and I like to have a decent size collection of items to go in the inventory :P. Some games just have like 6 slots and that pretty much covers potion, key, bomb, torch, life drink and antidote? Not much variety aye?

Well seeing more than just enough for the essentials I am looking forward to this.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2008, 01:51:50 pm »
Yes, there will be !items! *grin* Morrrrre than enough of them :-)

If anyone wants the inventory base for their own project, let me know- I can customize it in minutes
for other amounts of inventory, etc.

« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2008, 08:18:48 pm »
So far, even the village is getting *huge*, trying to fit in additions, while staying fairly true to the original look & feel is getting mildly humorous in some ways.
Now, please note- I'm not complaining, I'm actually gettin one heck of a kick out of it!  things are progressing well for the demo, and I feel that I really can get it out in the
next couple of weeks. I'm trying to get in 2-5 hours a night on it (which can be hard when cooking, cleaning, a 10 hour work day, some time with the missus, and sleep
come in to play), but it's going to be worth it :-)

Getting the village to demo quality is also bringing out some obvious design flaws-
   *I've realized I forgot to make a 'end cap' for some of the forest pieces
   *some of the forest pieces' scaling has gotten off
   *I need some smaller, more dramatic curves for the forest ;-)
   *Some textures and bits need rework badly, but it should be fast to do
      **This is noted by finding out that some of my textures are not 'power of 2' textures according to the engine,
          which requires some touch up, etc. to be done.
   *I'm likely going to be adding alot (over time) of 'accessory' pieces
         --Examples are: carved names on trees, small grave markers, tools and things that characters would use
            for their claimed profession, items like wagon wheels, oddball flowers, pots, pans, books, flower
            pots, bags of flour, corn, potatoes, etc., barrels of apples, grain, etc..
   *Planned pieces not going to be seen in demo: Forest/tree detail pieces
                     Tree/Forest path detail pieces*
                     forest ruins
                     alot of interactive objects/ interactive components
                     swimming
                     ledge crawling
                     crouching/hiding
                     inventory system (for the most part, will be in there partially)
                     most all items
                     Anywhere much outside of K. Village

Now - be warned, this is a rant of sorts...

It's kinda crazy looking at the amount of hours I've put in thus far on it, avg. of 1-2 hours a day 5 days a week, and then 3-8 hours a day on the weekends-
realizing I've put over 500 hours into this beast easily- and it's still just working on getting the components fully working... It's crazy, absolutely crazy.

Now, this is the point where many an sane(r) person, or artist even- would throw in the towel. Call it quits.

But, it's actually made me *more* dedicated, and determined.

Why?

Because I'm making a game that I want to play, adding things that I want to see, utilizing the infamously 'bad idea' of taking ideas from the communities. It may
not be for everyone when it's done- I actually expect many will slam it. But, that's not the point.

The point, at the end of the day- is building the toolset to build the game to let others try the game, and then to give them the toolset- by doing so, it proves the
toolset principles- for better or ill. It's a social experiment of sorts- as well as one heck of a portfolio piece for those involved. Hopefully this proves that a person
or 3 can build a decent game- that the ideas fostered by the community can be in turn returned to them, and that with luck- many more things can be fashioned
from it...  It's also an experiment to see if 1-3 people can do what a major studio claims takes multiples of ten or a hundred more to make.

In so many ways- it's a test for me.. A test of wills, of spirit, of determination... And I don't intend to fail. I have yet to fail at a project I've tackled. It's that pure dumb
determination- and a bit of luck.

Now, is this aimed at anyone? No. I just don't want people to get discouraged that this is taking 'so long'.. Everything aside from concept art, the motion capture,
a littttttttle bit of programming (not counting the raw engine itself) and a chunk of texturesis being done by hand, from scratch by 1 person- me... And that takes a
lot of time.
Think about it- every, single, little, item has to be made in 3d, UVmapped (usually), exported, checked for errors, scaled, checked for errors, textured, checked
for errors, organized (in theory) and finally put in-game.... Then it's got to have attributes programmed in- how much does it weigh, is it able to be walked-thru,
can it be picked up, does it float, is it driveable, is it affected by sunlight, other lights, cast a shadow, have a predefined shadow, does it move- if so, in what direction(s),
what speed, can it be jumped on, does it make sounds when any of the above happen, is it flammable, shootable, etc, etc, etc....
It's no joke. 

Just have some patience with me guys- and keep up the feedback and comments, I'll respond, and always value them.

~ZeldaKnack

« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2008, 09:30:15 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Dang thats alot of work for one person, but it'll be worth it.
I don't think its taking you long at all, and I think that almost everyone agrees with me, you've updated alot, especially considering all the stuff you have to do. Also, thats an awesome post.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:32:57 pm by pichuscute »
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »
Those of you still following this -

I'll be showing off the new, revamped, *very* stellar new look off here in the next few days,
I've hit a setback trying to replace some computer parts (graphics mouse died), but should
be picking one up tonight from Fry's (yay credit cards...?).

Things have definitely picked up a whole new level of shine & luster :-) I think you will all
be *very* impressed (I hope), as I myself am becoming very impressed.

In regards to the demo- I've hit a snag, as I'm waiting on a pair of engine fixes to be
implemented now (seriously epileptic nausea inducing camera bug, and @#&*@&'ed up title
screen breaking bug), but that's the give/take of using a beta game engine I reckon.

*cue shrug*

Stay tuned, and feel free to ask questions via the thread, messaging or email me.

I'm still in the game- and I can't wait to show it off :-)
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2008, 08:39:41 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
You really now how to get people excited don't you? I cant wait now...
Also I'd like to say I really admire your dedication to this, few fan games get this far, and even fewer 3D fan games.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2008, 02:54:37 am »
  • Pichuscute
Greta news, I can't wait.
« Reply #192 on: September 06, 2008, 02:51:13 pm »
Ummmm anythin new happen yet zelda knack?
« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »
Well cheese, it's been a little difficult lately-

I had to do a reformat not long after finishing some of the final bits for in the village
(new shrubberies and ground plants) and test fitting it all.

Upside, it looked gorgeous!

Downside?

Well, I now have to get everything back in-engine. Yay.

I did *not* however lose anything besides terrains. (which ain't too bad).

I also have a new camera system, which when I get it working will be ***perfect***

And, I have rupee's counting and showing.

Bombs and arrows now count as well- and magic powder.

Once everything is playing nice with me, the engine, and such- there will be a demo.

The ground plants are pickup/throw-able, and spawn either: heart bits, or rupee's.
Boxes are breakable as well (usually) as are barrels (wooden).

Swimming is not working at all yet, apparently it will on the next engine patch.

Still tweaking ledge grabbing animations.

Still working on getting melee combat half-way functional. Currently you can basically
snipe with a sword from a mile away... And that bothers me. Something wrong with
the raycasting code not limiting properly (a known bug that should be fixed again on
the next engine patch).

Part of the melee delay is me wanting to play through several attack animations randomly,
but just not working properly.

It's not easy being the only one really working on this. ***All*** of my team members are
now totally non-responsive, and have been for about a month. It's been.. Difficult. But, I *will* finish, just not sure when now.

I really, really need some new screens in here though, and I'm feeling horribly stupid for not taking them before I reformated- I just assumed (ugggh) that I'd be able to backup, and restore it from where I left off.

I'm sorry I'm letting you guys down with the delays- I'll be trying to get it more together over this weekend.
« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2008, 09:49:19 pm »
  • Pichuscute
It's all good, I'm just glad that nothing worse happened.
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2008, 09:43:18 am »
I am still in the "alpha" testing stages :P

Using DX Studio and I need to learn JavaScript to get anywhere and I am the "only one" working on this project, go figure XD

Games aren't easy to make, but I know one person can do it with dedication :)
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2008, 09:56:23 am »
Well good to see you're not giving up because of this minor setback, time flies sometimes, so I'm sure before we know it months/weeks would have past and a demo been released :).
I like potato.
  • My Myspace

Master Ridna

Working on Pac Zelda improvements and additional levels. Download it in the completed games section!
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2008, 02:56:25 pm »
DAMN.
If you even get just a demo of this out.
This is going to be insane!

Pretty tight dude, dont let this project die.
  • myspace
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2008, 05:53:37 pm »
It's not going to die ;-)

I just got great news from the framework provider, they're going to be modifying the
framework for me so that the heart system works without crashing the engine :-)

What does this mean?

It means the initial release will be *that* much faster.

The graphics have gotten a slight rise, due to UV mapping and retexturing. I've been
fairly swamped, but I will release updated screens and such soon-ishk.

Master Ridna

Working on Pac Zelda improvements and additional levels. Download it in the completed games section!
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2008, 07:44:29 pm »
Sounds awesome.
I cant wait.

Im gonna keep an eye on this project.

;)
  • myspace
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 77 queries.

anything