Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fall of Hyrule news...  (Read 31957 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Fall of Hyrule.
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2006, 07:01:31 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
lmao, i know, i'm starting to dislike him anyways, i was messing around with different shading techinques with him, pay no attention to link, i'm talking purely about the world graphics. Heres another picture, slightly better quality, this was made from scratch by me and is just a test to gauge reactions, as such i haven't added shadows or anything like that. so if you guys dont like it i can simpley bin it and carry on with the hi-res version.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 07:18:49 pm by Uppy »

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2006, 07:23:28 pm »
  • odens knop
Continue with the hi-res, cause I see cel-shading as a bit limited, but hi-res you can always improve throughout the game.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2006, 08:39:09 pm »
Okay heres the same scene done in the hi-res textures, its looking pretty rough and progress is slow without help scripting and animating *hint* but progress is definitely being made...tell me what you think:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:41:34 pm by Uppy »

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2006, 09:11:19 pm »
  • odens knop
Okay heres the same scene done in the hi-res textures, its looking pretty rough and progress is slow without help scripting and animating *hint* but progress is definitely being made...tell me what you think:

THAT is great looking.  The tiles (textures?) aren't as streched now and it looks alot better than the cel-shaded one.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2006, 11:03:48 pm »
Thanks dude, I happen to agree. I've broadened my search for a modeler/animator and another scripter to other forums cos I'm not having much luck here for those two in particular...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 11:17:24 pm by Uppy »

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2006, 11:37:24 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Good luck with that!  Just keep in mind my offer, lol!

And in the interest of saving this post from being labled as yet another spammy attempt at involving Uppy in my sinister plot...

...I definitely prefer the second screenshot.  Don't get me wrong: I love the Cel Shaded look.  However, 3DGS won't render it nearly as well as it will render more "realistic" artistic styles... which is why the second picture appears to have more depth in it.  But I really do wish you good luck on finding help, because this is yet another 3D Zelda game, that I would love to play (along with my own)!

So any constructive critisisms/questions you need addressed, just let me know... and I'm sure I'll be keeping my eye on this thread (although you might want to add "3D" in the title... it might attract more attention from the type of people you're looking for.
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2006, 12:24:48 am »
Thanks dude, you're offer is firmly in my mind. Don't forget that i said no to programming (cos i have to do alot of that for my own project) i said yes to helping with terrain and texturing said terrains dude :)

It's pretty much unanimous then, Hi-res is here to stay, screenshots of my progress will be posted soon enough and don't forget that if you think you can help check here:
http://www.zfgc.com/index.php/topic,6133.0.html

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Fall of Hyrule. NEW SCR...
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2006, 08:56:08 pm »
New screenshot, this is a cave/ mini dungeon where you'll get your sword from in the finished game, I haven't got the lighting right yet but I have a pretty nice lighting script going which allows for realistic light rays shining through cracks as well as a hand written solar-flare script (there is one built in with the templates but i wanted to build everything for this game from scratch) I'd like to point out that the lil bad guys you see are called Hellpigs and are made by Psionic, I've made them fast but stupid so they are easy to avoid till you get your sword, anyway as I said the lighting isn't in place yet (it's going to be alot darker in the final version) C+C please mates.

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2006, 09:01:06 pm »
  • =/
Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the final results.  :)
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2006, 09:08:11 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Yeah, looks awesome! Good luck man *high five*

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2006, 09:20:08 pm »
Thanks you guysm i'm happy with the lightrays and I think those lil critters really fit in with the graphical style, the cave'll prolly go through some changes before i release a demo though, torches and stuff lighting the way and an awsome lil puzzle to get hold of the sword, thanks to piers for that ;)

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2006, 10:34:37 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
this looks good mate, you're doing well on the graphical side, lets see what you can deliver in game play ;).

Nice avatar uppy, I am going to join them after I have gone to university, hopefully.
Project: Shadow Behind The Leaves
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2006, 10:37:52 pm »
  • 笑い男
looks really nice.
cant you just have a choice of what textures to use?
that'd be cool

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2006, 11:29:48 pm »
Thanks seppuku, I hope it will deliver the gameplay too, after all that is what counts more than purdy graphics anyways the gameplay'll hopefully be pretty similar to OoT or MM, my programming skills arent up to those standards, unfortunately, that'd take years of experience but i have a good understanding of the language 3DGS uses and I'm getting outside help too ;)
as for the texture thing, it is an idea, might be complicated and/ or a waste of time seeing as most people prefere the OoT textures....we'll see, anyways thanks for the positive feedback so far.

as for my avatar, yer I've given alot of time to amnesty international, i have that emblem  as tattoo as well..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 12:38:12 am by Uppy »

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2006, 06:00:10 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
that'd take years of experience but i have a good understanding of the language 3DGS uses and I'm getting outside help too

haha, sort of the same here really, I understand a lot of programming and the concepts, but I'm a new Torque user, and need to get the hang of things better, I have managed quite well, but I am having someone help me on the sword attack code, except at the moment that guy has to do some uni work, so I am pretty much experimenting myself on getting it to work, hoping for other help. So far, I'm still at the same place where I was stuck ;) But good luck with your source of help.
Project: Shadow Behind The Leaves
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2006, 06:52:39 pm »
Thanks dude, I'm hoping to at least get a demo out soon, not just a walking demo or something like that but a decent sized demo, maybe a mini dungeon to show off the fighting, the control set-up is like a Game Boy zelda, using only 2 buttons so quick item switching is key. I'm thinking of making it play like a FPS from a 3rd person view, that is to say you use the WASD keys for movement and the mouse for weapons/ camera, not sure yet I'll have to experiment some more with that. Tell me what you think of the new ideas anyway...

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2006, 07:17:01 pm »
  • odens knop
I think you should keep the normal controls, or use the FPS controls as an option.  BTW Uppy I got bored today and I finished a Villager NPC if you're planning to have a village in the game.  I think I'm gonna keep working on human villagers for a while and then I'll experiment with other races and continue with the Khepri.  I'll see if I can get my dad to scan them at work.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2006, 07:26:20 pm »
Ace, i'll be on msn later/ tomorrow, can't right now cos i'm off to the gym lol.
anyways yes dude, keep up the good work linky, the village is still in the game, as for the controls, like i said I'm just experimenting at the minute with different things. ttyl

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2006, 07:31:33 pm »
  • odens knop
K, great I'll talk to ya later then if I haven't gone to bed by then.  :)  I love the new screen BTW.  ;)
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2006, 08:58:31 pm »
The Khepri will play an important role in the game so I want them to look just right, the villagers of course simpley need to fit into the style, so they should be fairly easy. The Bosses how ever will be a challange, I'll discuss them with you when i have the fighting working as I want it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 78 queries.

anything