Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: custom link  (Read 5476 times)

custom link
« on: October 20, 2006, 02:53:32 am »

I was really bored, I highly doubt I'll do any other anims for him either
Re: custom link
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 02:55:19 am »
  • =/
 I love the body but the head seems to small compared to his shoulders. This would look really nice in a custom graphic fan game....  :D
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 03:08:26 am »
eh what the hell, made a mockup out of boredom:

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 03:11:11 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Awesome as always Takam. My only critizism is that I wish somehow you could define his hair a bit more, at first glance it just kinda looks like he has a really wide forehead. And did you make that BG? If you did then DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN if not...eh, still cool XD
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 03:12:13 am »
thanks, and yeah I made the bg tiles :P
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 03:15:31 am »
  • =/
eh what the hell, made a mockup out of boredom:

That could probaly be passed off as a new Zelda game screenshot... reminds me alot of phantom hourglass. My friends would fall for that in an instant.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 06:12:50 am »
forget the hat moving, make his hair movie. The hat bouncing side to side makes him look mechanical.

Also, head doesn't match the body.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 06:22:25 am »
forget the hat moving, make his hair move. The hat bouncing side to side makes him look mechanical.

Also, head doesn't match the body.
all intended.
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 06:26:59 am »
  • :3
it looks awesome just finish a sheet of it :P otherwise...... eh....
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 06:27:25 am »
  • :'O

I was really bored, I highly doubt I'll do any other anims for him either
As always Kickass .TaKaM but his body seems big or his head is small but still SoCOOL
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 01:28:33 pm »
  • [sic]
It's OK. You're much better at tiles than sprites IMO. It's an interesting style, but not very Nintendo-like. May have been on purpose, though. Nice, smooth animation, too.
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 02:39:48 pm »
I can see Im gonna have to explain this sprite a little more here than I would other places, Ive forgotten people are only used to established styles :P
firstly, none of my sprite is an accident;
the wide body, excessivly wide hips, ragdoll arms and contradicting expression was all intended.
why? because this sprite isnt LTTP, it isnt MC, it isnt FSA and it sure as hell isnt GB :P

i get the feeling most of you figure I intended this sprite to be useful for fangames-
its not.

its useful as a sprite
to show you guys something different from the same four styles youre all used to seeing
and to show you guys you really dont need to trap your work in someone else's rules.

and still after all that, I did just make it out of boredom and I cant be bothered explaining change  :-\
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 02:47:58 pm »

.TakaM edit
cmon cb43569, that wasnt very nice.

Anyway, it's amazing, Taka, just like all your other work ;). It's a very unique sprite... great BG tiles too, they're amazing... Can I watch it 24/7, stretched fullscreen, with the orchestra version of the Zelda theme looping in the background :o?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 02:51:11 pm by .TakaM »
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 02:48:15 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
.TakaM, sorry but man, that owns... I actually love that style.  Contrary to what other people think, I think it would actually be perfect for a Zelda game if the head was changed just a tad, to make it look less odd (make it a tad bigger).  I know it was just something random and out of boredom, but I seriously think that could be the next 2D Zelda game as it's simple, like MC in way, but more gritty much like Twilight Princess, I know it wasn't intended but it looks awesome... (MAKE MORE MOCK UPS).  :P

THAT IS ALL

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 02:54:56 pm »
i may as well mention this:
I posted this at some other forums and one member made a quick walking demo out of
http://two.xthost.info/randomupload/DEMOLOL.zip
but this is no ordinary walking demo. no!
this is a revolutionary walking demo, behold- it has a purpose.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 03:10:53 pm »
i may as well mention this:
I posted this at some other forums and one member made a quick walking demo out of
http://two.xthost.info/randomupload/DEMOLOL.zip
but this is no ordinary walking demo. no!
this is a revolutionary walking demo, behold- it has a purpose.
I love games with a plot.

Ahem.  As for the sprite, the way the body looks is... I think you can say "compact", like MC is. And this is an eye-candy in my opinion. I also like the smooth animation that you made, it really is awesome.
The only thing that bothered me is the paleness of the colours... Too many colours make my eyes bleed, yes, but this is a bit TOO plain, at first sight, anyway.
Well, it's not like you're gonna change it, are you. That's okay, it's the same with me. xD

I can see Im gonna have to explain this sprite a little more here than I would other places, Ive forgotten people are only used to established styles :P
the wide body, excessivly wide hips, ragdoll arms and contradicting expression was all intended.
why? because this sprite isnt LTTP, it isnt MC, it isnt FSA and it sure as hell isnt GB :P

i get the feeling most of you figure I intended this sprite to be useful for fangames-
its not.

its useful as a sprite
to show you guys something different from the same four styles youre all used to seeing
and to show you guys you really dont need to trap your work in someone else's rules.

and still after all that, I did just make it out of boredom and I cant be bothered explaining change  :-\
I'm glad you say your opinionn about how people keep going by the same style(s) all the time. I can't say that my custom Link is awesome, but I still intended to go for something custom... and I'd wish to see that from more people too.

However... in my opinion, a sprite is supposed to be used for something. Call me close-minded, but whenever I make a sprite, I want it to be used for something...
I do understand that there are other purposes for a sprite, of course. As you said, it's good for many things, showing people that there's more of styles beyond the own nose, and a sprite can always be inspiring (and when I saw your sprite that other day, I WAS inspired), so I think you got a point too.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 03:16:34 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
The style is indeed very unique! Great job dude!
He does look little fat, but i quess it's part of the style.
EDIT: I just noticed, that the sword looks little strange... The handle is a bit short and wide
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 03:29:27 pm by TomPel »

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 03:24:24 pm »
  • [sic]

its not.

its useful as a sprite

I, at least, understood that. Like you, I get pissed off at the constant LTTP-style reign here. All I meant was that is' not a very Nintendo-like style. It could have been custom and different and still looked like a sprite from an official Nintendo game. however, that looks more like something from a more "traditional" RPG.

Also, I love the body, way too many styles avoid a straight-and-thick-looking body ala WW as much  as possible, but you've gone ahead and used it, and it loks really great, I might add.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 04:32:25 am »
Makes me want to hug it. Hm hm.. very nice. =D
  • My Photostream

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 11:43:42 pm »
  • hungry..
Looks sweet Taka, not too sure about the black outline against the tiles for the mockup though :P But ya.. good job. :)
  • My Blog
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 77 queries.