Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zombie World Online  (Read 2846 times)

Zombie World Online
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:22:27 pm »
  • Oh.
Been a while since I posted here, and I looked at some of the posts I made back from '06.. Yeah.

I've been working on an MMO engine for around 6 or 7 months now. The features largely revolve around an embedded scripting language, and being able to hotswap scripts/graphics/levels/any asset in and out for anyone connected to the game or online SDK simply by hitting the save button or uploading the new graphic while using the networked SDK. If any of you have worked on anything using Graal Online, you'd understand the paradigm behind the development, except this one is a lot more streamlined, flexible, and portable. The SDK connects directly to the game server and updates the assets that you update on other developer's SDK's and clients automatically. The client runs on the iPhone, Android, PC, Linux, and Mac platforms, and likewise, you can play cross platform between each of those.

The concept behind the game is a zombie roguelike MMO, as in you die, and your character is deleted forever, similar to any other roguelike you may have played. For all intensive purposes, everything else is basically a zombie simulation with an emphasis on social interactions, events, trading/economy, and PvE (realtime) combat.

I'm looking for some pixel artists to help continue making assets for the game, and I'm also looking for level designers to help create the overworld and interior levels.

As you can see, the aesthetic is largely mixed and not very fluent. UI design is pretty much utter crap at the moment, and I'm looking for everything from UI designers and pixel artists to someone to make a few splash screens for things like login and whatnot. Also, level designers to help create the overworld and interiors.

If you're interested, or have any comments or criticisms, send me a PM or post below and we can talk it out :]
Hm.
Re: Zombie World Online
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:57:47 pm »
  • Oh.
Recorded a UI demo off my iPhone. Still no comments? :/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owFtSazlmjU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owFtSazlmjU</a>

Scripted in my engine (NetSpanner)'s scripting language.
Hm.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:39:14 pm »
damn, i personally think it looks like a kickass game. ill be sure to try it next time im on a good computer. i wish i could help, but im sure your a better coder then me, my spriting is ametuar at best, and im designing my own game so i dont have time for level design. lol. sorry. but i need to try this!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:04:48 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I feel like your UI for comparison/equipping is a little goofy. It's cool that you can compare items and stuff, however I really think it would be more intuitive if you added an Equip button to the item you are comparing. That way, you won't have to press "Back" to press "Equip" on the item. You would equip AND go back to the item screen. That's just my two cents for now. I also think it would be beneficial if you added colored text (green for improvement/red for not as good) for the items.

Other than that, I haven't seen much gameplay so I can't really judge other than for the UI.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 06:11:57 pm »
  • Oh.
Let me know what you think of the blog design, I'm going to be updating this rather frequently, try to gather a bit of a following behind the game ;)

http://zwo.deljam.net/

I feel like your UI for comparison/equipping is a little goofy. It's cool that you can compare items and stuff, however I really think it would be more intuitive if you added an Equip button to the item you are comparing. That way, you won't have to press "Back" to press "Equip" on the item. You would equip AND go back to the item screen. That's just my two cents for now. I also think it would be beneficial if you added colored text (green for improvement/red for not as good) for the items.

Other than that, I haven't seen much gameplay so I can't really judge other than for the UI.

Good idea as far as the coloured text goes, and I know that the comparisons are pretty awkward. I'm going to be putting up some gameplay trailers soon enough, too. I redid a bunch of the GUI stuff, though, so maybe I'll make another video when I get a chance. I did remove comparisons and added some different icon stuff.
Hm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 45 queries.