Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Square-Enix orders cease and desist for non-profit Chrono fan games  (Read 4401 times)

Re: Square-Enix orders cease and desist for non-...
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 03:00:17 pm »
I can believe why they would want the fangames made by ROM hecking. ROMS are in the first place illegal, but your adapting, extending and using their code as well.

But to shutdown fangames made from scratch, which are actually a tribute to the original, seems a bit harsh. It is not as if they lose money on it. In fact a good fangame can even be good (free) advertisement.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 03:10:23 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
This is why rom hecking is hella lame.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 03:35:23 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Maybe they could've supported it, being happy that the game is so popular instead of shutting it down without a second glance. And speaking of Mother 3... What about the original Mother? Fully translated into English, then scrapped due to time issues and localization, if memory serves. Only exists in ROM form now, I think, and the Big N doesn't seem to mind that. Or Mother 3. Or emulation, for that matter. After all, doesn't emulation form one of the base supports for the Wii's success? Granted, XBLA probably did it first, but VC did it better, and more often. Anyways, before I get too off-topic, this is ridiculous. They should be happy that something they made remains so popular. Greedy A-Holes. It's true that since the merger, and since Sakaguchi left and formed Mist Walker, Square has slowly degraded (although I feel that DQ has done better, plus we got the Chrono Twigger tank in Rocket Slime! Never would've happened without the merger). And about Spirits Within, it's not the first time Square has taken something else and slapped FF on it to make it sell (Final Fantasy Adventure, Final Fantasy Legend). The sad thing is that TSW didn't sell. Feel free to correct me if I've gotten my facts wrong.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 05:51:04 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君

This [link] is why ROM hecking is hella awesome.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 05:53:28 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Forgive me for lack of taste in other's eyes, but I rather enjoy that vid. Except for the gratuitous slaughter of helpless baby Yoshis.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1552624/20070215/index.jhtml

[Mother 3] has such a strong online following that a group of committed fans have vowed to produce their own translated version of the game if Nintendo won't. Fils-Aime has never played the game, but he knows about the translation project.

@ Topic:  It's just.. ridiculous.  The Chrono fanbase wasn't well off to begin with, but this C&D has motivated four major fangame projects, not just the one romhack, to quit entirely or change to original ips.  For a community that needs whatever new content they can get, this is essentially getting cut off at the knees.

Well; the thing is- it would be unfair of them to shut down the good ones like CT:R, and leave the rest up <_<;;

Honestly, I don't like people using my ideas without my expressed permission... They're the same way o.0;;... I've always been a firm supporter of fan-gaming and such if the creators haven't expressed and exercised their objections towards it.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 03:02:34 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.

Shefali has proven me wrong once again! D:< Ummm... Rom hecking RPG's into serious continuations of the stories is hella lame? :)

Or here's an awesome idea... Like, since every project that's been shut down has stated "We are creating this without Square-Enix's consent." Why not try getting their consent first?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:17:00 pm by DJvenom »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 03:35:47 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Shefali has proven me wrong once again! D:< Ummm... Rom hecking RPG's into serious continuations of the stories is hella lame? :)

Or here's an awesome idea... Like, since every project that's been shut down has stated "We are creating this without Square-Enix's consent." Why not try getting their consent first?

Hah...like they'd ever give it.  Even if they did, they would probably take the project over.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 02:53:25 am »

XFD that rules so hard

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 54 queries.

anything