Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rate my logo.  (Read 3646 times)

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Rate my logo.
« on: April 10, 2012, 10:01:16 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Hey everybody, I've been meaning to post this here but I guess I've been putting it off. Anyways, I made a logo for my game design company that I can put on my artwork and use to show off any design skills I may have. Now, I respect all f you guys on here and I would really like to hear any criticisms that you may have. Also, If you like it and want me to make you something, send me a message!

Edit: Rate out of 10, please!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:03:39 pm by Malon »

DaSpirit

The Quiet
Re: Rate my logo.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 01:26:33 am »
  • The Mad Programmer.
10, really nice solid and simple design!  XD
I support:

thestig

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 01:30:11 am »
I like the color wheel pie. I'd say 8 because while it looks nice and simple, this doesn't seem to show off really anything the game design company stands for example simplicity? I'll reconsider my vote if it does. ;p

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 01:36:28 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
10, really nice solid and simple design!  XD

Thank you very much! That means a lot.

I like the color wheel pie. I'd say 8 because while it looks nice and simple, this doesn't seem to show off really anything the game design company stands for example simplicity? I'll reconsider my vote if it does. ;p

Well actually, the wheel is supposed to represent diversity in that I strive to create games that apply to a wide variety of gamers hardcore or casual. Still, 8 is pretty good. Any suggestions on what I could do to make it better?

thestig

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 01:48:32 am »

Well actually, the wheel is supposed to represent diversity in that I strive to create games that apply to a wide variety of gamers hardcore or casual. Still, 8 is pretty good. Any suggestions on what I could do to make it better?
Huh. Well I apologize that I didn't think about that! Perhaps add in more activity to demonstrate diversity? Maybe it was the shapes all just being a color that threw me off. ;p Wow that totally sounded sarcastic.. I didn't mean it though! D:

Hmmm.. what could you do to "make it more active" to emphasize "diversity"? I have no idea atm D:

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 02:01:19 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Well thank you for the input! As for making it more active, I'll have to do a bit of exploring in illustrator to see what I can come up with. :D
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 02:51:01 am »
I like it, although I think the first 'e' being so different from the rest of the letters threw me off. I honestly read it as "Veryone" with a strange colorful pie next to it. Looking back it's pretty obvious, so it may have just been me. Not sure, it is a good simple design.

Maybe too simple though. A similarly multicolored outline around the other letters might make the whole thing seem connected more and pop out visually. Just my take
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 06:04:17 am »
  • It's just Max.
Molehill, it's not just you, even after I read your post I thought the company was veryone. I agree about the outline, or perhaps just a line running horizontally behind the whole thing might make it work.

Personally, I think the pie is a bit disconnected even from itself. It might just be that the whole thing clashes horribly with the Midnight theme but I can't figure out how to change back to Minish! :p

7/10 for now, perhaps if I see it one a different background. Disconnected is the main word I would use to criticize it.

thestig

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 06:17:28 am »
Personally, I think the pie is a bit disconnected even from itself. It might just be that the whole thing clashes horribly with the Midnight theme but I can't figure out how to change back to Minish! :p

7/10 for now, perhaps if I see it one a different background. Disconnected is the main word I would use to criticize it.
Sorry to go off-topic but I must answer this:

Go to your profile->Hover your mouse over "Modify Profile"->Click on "Look and Layout"->Find "Current Theme:"(it is at the top), then look to the right of that for a link that says "Change".

On touchscreens, you might just have to click on "Modify Profile" for it to pull up the drop menu.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 02:02:29 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I would add a border around the text, the dark vs light color makes the wheel appear separate from the text.  It's also a bit hard to see on dark backgrounds like the Midnight theme.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 04:14:07 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Hey guys, sorry for the late update, I was entertaining company yesterday. Well here's my take on what you guys suggested:

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 04:47:50 pm »
Much better now, though the first e is still bugging me a bit for some reason. I think using the same font of e used in the rest of the logo would help. You could still edit that first one to be separated and more multi-colored, but having it be the same font would make the whole thing feel more coherent.

The colored letters are a big improvement though
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 10:12:21 pm »
  • It's just Max.
GM, I'm probably just an idiot because I've looked there at least half a dozen times but couldn't find it. Perhaps I was just REALLY expecting a drop down menu :p

The logo looks SO much better on white. I didn't even realize the veryone was black, I thought it was off-purpley grey. I also prefer the rainbow letters, but you should still try to find a way to bring the wheel into status as a letter better, it still looks like pie veryone.

The white background alone shot it up to 8/10, with the rainbow, 8.5.
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 12:26:13 pm »
Looks like a participation poster for the LGBT community :D
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 02:53:17 pm »
Versioning the logo would do nicely. The first on light backgrounds, the second on dark ones. And the logo itself is great.

That said, I think you should make use of a third version that's just the pie (symbolic brand recognition). Then you could also make an animation to go along with it, that transitions from text to just the pie. (Maybe a clockwise rolling animation, which lends itself to the round shape and the point of the V lying in that direction.)

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 08:19:57 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
The white background alone shot it up to 8/10, with the rainbow, 8.5.
Thanks very much Max! Glad you figured out the theme change. :D

Dammit, Kleaver.

Versioning the logo would do nicely. The first on light backgrounds, the second on dark ones. And the logo itself is great.

That said, I think you should make use of a third version that's just the pie (symbolic brand recognition). Then you could also make an animation to go along with it, that transitions from text to just the pie. (Maybe a clockwise rolling animation, which lends itself to the round shape and the point of the V lying in that direction.)
Thank you Nabeshin! I've been thinking a lot about making an animated intro, but I have zero skills with flash or animating at all so I'll probably have to put that off for now. As for making three versions, I agree with you. That was a great idea! Thanks!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »

I didn't want to be the one to say it but... ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 72 queries.

anything