Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Horn of Balance  (Read 461974 times)

Re: [Demo] Tech demo - Horn of Balance (working ...
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2010, 07:05:59 pm »
Already fixed the HUD after posting. I'm not too sure about the character through. It works if the character stays in the center, but not in the other situations, so I'm still pondering on that.

-------------

Edit:
Tried it out, just to see, and it's okay. The character does however jump if the view is not identical in both locations. I'd have to redesign some rooms to make that happen and that's not really what I'm going for. Maybe I could add in a darkening effect as well making the transition less sudden. Not sure though so I'll try to leave it alone for a bit and ponder on it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:25:43 pm by Martijn dh »
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2010, 03:50:37 pm »
Here is the weekly update:

I've finished the key you need to ram of a pillar. For now anyway.
And as you can see more enemies have been added. It's just modest for now. I'm redoing all creation coding of the enemies in order to implement enemy weaknesses and immunities. Like these cyclopes being weak towards running into them and obviously arrows.

BTW. These enemies will not stay there. It's just for testing. This room will be a puzzle room just to get into the dungeon. I do hope to implement a lot more enemies in the next demo.
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2010, 03:59:15 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Martijn, I just noticed the screenshots of warping, showing that it works perfectly fine for you. I wonder why mine messes up so bad with it?! Anyway, I pm'd you with screenshots of the problem and another glitch I found.

Also, the project is looking amazing, both here and on TDC. Great work Martijn! XD

Unrelated to the topic, 500th post, WHOOOO!!! Working toward 1000 now. :P
  • My Music
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2010, 07:04:30 pm »
Just a little weekly update.
I've redone 3 out of the 5 enemies from the ground up so that we can now do this:

Well. There are more benefits but as it stands right now the colors have become variable. The gray is just a placeholder till NotAlphaMan finishes mapping out all the needed colors.

Redoing the enemies also has the benefit of more uniform (= less complex) object relations. And I'll be implementing a new system to determine the damage Link and enemies do to each other. It'll be pretty much like it was in the original except maybe for the actual stats, but that's up to FrozenFire.
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2010, 08:07:36 pm »
Nothing much to report this week in the way of new features. I'm still working on grouping together the enemy objects and scripts (just one enemy left to do). It's a lot more work then you'd think but it's getting there. All enemies, hazards, projectiles and bosses should (more or less) use only one set of objects when I'm done. Beyond that is the damage system I'm working on as well. So all in all not progress that can be shown. Maybe next week.

Btw. There are two things that would help right now. I'm still looking for a sound effect for Link walking on metal. And I'm still looking for someone who is willing to done a couple of customized skeleton sprites (I've done some by now, but my spriting skills suck XD). Just thought I'd mention it again. I'll bump the respective request topics in a week or so.
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2010, 07:26:03 pm »
Congrats with the PotM.
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2010, 07:51:16 pm »
Thank you.
And now it's back to work to show some new content this month.
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Okay I tried to demo and overall am very impressed.  It deffinatly feels like zelda.  Just a few suggestions.

-Link should walk faster
-Enemies seem kind of slow as well
-When you have the master sword and shoot the magical swirl it spins the wrong way when you are facing up or down.

Keep up the good work and congrates on Potm!  I look forward to seeing more.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 06:24:26 pm by Aero88 »
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »
I see what you mean with the swirl. I'll put it on my list. It shouldn't be too much of an hazzle to edit. I need to do some revisions to the character attack means soon anyway.

As for walking speed and enemy speed. Gameplay tweaking is for later. I'm not too worried about that. Besides. You can only see the slowest cyclops gaurd and some weak plants in this demo. It'll become more challenging as I add more.
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2010, 11:10:57 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
As for walking speed and enemy speed. Gameplay tweaking is for later. I'm not too worried about that. Besides. You can only see the slowest cyclops gaurd and some weak plants in this demo. It'll become more challenging as I add more.

And this is actually partly what I'm in charge of now, so thanks Aero88, I have noted those things. Luckily, I own Zelda 3, so I can play both the original and Martijn's simultaneously and get a better feel for what needs changing. This does not mean we're trying to mimic ALttP exactly, but I actually hope we can improve on a few things (after all, LttP was made a while back) and I think Martijn has already been doing a great job at making some things feel even better than in the original LttP. That is, imho.

Also, after Martijn gives me a new beta to fool around with, it is planned that I will record amazing gameplay footage for you all to see (good fps with non-choppiness, yay!). So, we're working on that ("we're" meaning Martijn XD).
  • My Music

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2010, 11:20:47 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
It looks highly faithful to LttP, almost like the SNES sequel that never was using the same engine. So that's frickin' awesome! Looks great; should've voted for this instead of Surface this month (no offense Mammy). I really need to check out threads before voting.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2010, 04:31:49 pm »
:huh: I missed this post appearantly. Thanks for the comment. That is what I'm going for so I'm glad you like it so.

As for progress this week. I'm still working on it but the shield mechanic has now at least been redone. As well as the last of the enemies from the current demo. Man, that look a lot more work then I thought it would. With that done I can more one to finishing a new enemy and then the new damage system. I'll see about putting up a new screenshot of things by the end of tomorrow.
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2010, 04:40:18 am »
I found an error!
When you press control alt and delete an error will come up and can't be ignored. : (
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2010, 06:10:48 am »
Yes, that is correct. Somehow surfaces get missing when that happens. The same thing also happens when your computer goes to standby while the game is running.

I do not yet know how to fix this.
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2010, 10:34:10 am »
Just a quick question. What looks beter? (I'm not talking about the colors).

vs

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:45:18 am by Martijn dh »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2010, 11:07:32 am »
  • .越//
Just a quick question. What looks beter? (I'm not talking about the colors).

vs

and "what" are you talking about?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2010, 11:08:31 am »
Room shapes.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2010, 11:12:01 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'd say go with the second one, simply because it'd probably be a lot less work for you in the long run.

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2010, 12:20:23 pm »
That's true. But aside from that.
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2010, 12:21:32 pm »
I have to agree. Rounded rooms and oddly shaped rooms just do not fit ALttP style. And it probably is more easier to make a generic tile set for the second one.

I do have to say that it was far more difficult to see the shapes on the first one than the second one.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 83   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 78 queries.

anything