Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: so not only  (Read 5161 times)

Re: so not only
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 05:54:18 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
It may be hard to develop for, but that clearly doesn't stop certain developers for writing AAA exclusives for it with no talk of troubles.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 06:02:27 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Some very good games for the time/processing power/etc were also released back when developers had to deal with the graphics card directly. Compared to the relative simplicity of DirectX/OpenGL...do I even need to finish this? :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 06:28:19 pm by TheDarkJay »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 03:52:52 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Now I know that the PS3 is difficult to develop for, because its new technology, But John Carmack sounds like a lazy !@#$% if he actually said its unnecesarily difficult. Either that or hes making it unnecessarily difficult for himself.

O_O you do know who John Carmack is... right? He revolutionized the gaming industry, and is probably one of the most successful developers there is :x... When he says something's unnecessarily difficult, he means it :P

That doesn't make any sense. Something cant be unnecesaarily difficult. If someone says "Its unnecesarily difficult" then its just a cheap way of saying "We cant be arsed".

But John Carmack sounds like a lazy !@#$% if he actually said its unnecesarily difficult. Either that or hes making it unnecessarily difficult for himself.

Also I seem to remember developers enjoying challenge and whatnot hmmm, an it cant be that difficult to develop for, y'know looking at all the games thats been released for it...

Yeah that works when you're not dealing with a budget... In a professional environment, it's just not practical
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 45 queries.

anything