Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [PRE]The Legend of Zelda: Realm of the Abaddon [MMO]  (Read 11712 times)

Re: [PRE]The Legend of Zelda: Realm of the Abadd...
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 04:28:51 pm »
I've currently injured my right hand, which makes programming/typing difficult.  So things will take longer for me than expected.  Currently I'm working on the graphics, the code, as well as the program used to generate workable files for me for the title screen as well as any other associated screens.

Hopefully I'll be able to upload proper screens later on once I finish creating the maps so I can take it up a notch and people will pay more attention to it :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 04:31:16 pm by Windy »
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 07:12:28 pm »
Oh yes, epic failure. <3 Sexy stuff, go for it.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 01:33:02 am »
<3
Looks awesome man, PAY ATTENTION TO MY PM o:<

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 06:50:40 am »
<3
I was sure I sent you a response o_O, but basically it was along the lines of "yes" if I didn't.
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 09:07:41 am »
looks great, sounds great, usually = is great! :D

nice titlescreen, I like the effects you used on the WW OST cover.
And MMO will be a good way to go with the property buying thing.

A thought just struck me... what if you linked the game's currency system with the ZFGC rupee system? would that work? At least that would be something to do with them. :P
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 02:05:35 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
<3
I was sure I sent you a response o_O, but basically it was along the lines of "yes" if I didn't.

Didn't reply to mine then? :P

Anyways I love your idea of having death semi-permanent.  It makes the player think about what their doing a little bit more, no longer will they run into the middle of a dungeon full of monsters and think it will be fine and dandy, they will feel fear.  Maybe just a little, but after working so hard to get all your items and armor losing it would be heart breaking.  This would be another emotion you would make the player feel, and the more you can attach a players character to their emotions, you've done something most big budget games haven't even done thus far.

Of course I think it would be nice if their were alternate ways out of this waiting place.  Such as taking on a rather hard quest.  But by taking it, you would be away from where the other portals would appear, so if one appeared while you were gone, tough luck, it's a gamble.  This would make it so if you were by yourself almost early in the morning and no one was around to die, you could take that route.

Just a little, thought. ;)

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 03:06:30 pm »
<3

Didn't reply to mine then? :P
Still am, but I may as well just say here what I was going too. Same Answer of course (can't turn down free help), as I am in need of people to create maps, write dialog etc.  I just want you to be aware of what you're getting into, as I would say I have a fair distance to go before I can begin the resource creation process and I may not head into a direction (graphically) that you would be accustomed to.

Anyways I love your idea of having death semi-permanent.  It makes the player think about what their doing a little bit more, no longer will they run into the middle of a dungeon full of monsters and think it will be fine and dandy, they will feel fear.  Maybe just a little, but after working so hard to get all your items and armor losing it would be heart breaking.  This would be another emotion you would make the player feel, and the more you can attach a players character to their emotions, you've done something most big budget games haven't even done thus far.

Of course I think it would be nice if their were alternate ways out of this waiting place.  Such as taking on a rather hard quest.  But by taking it, you would be away from where the other portals would appear, so if one appeared while you were gone, tough luck, it's a gamble.  This would make it so if you were by yourself almost early in the morning and no one was around to die, you could take that route.

Just a little, thought. ;)
Yeah, that's the sort of feeling I was going for, but not just the player's feeling towards their character, but those around him.  As for alternate ways, I did think about that, I'm not absolutely sure as to how I would potentially fit those in.  It's a bit hard to explain atm as I haven't physically designed the world map yet.  There's a few other Ideas I have which I'll probably post up shortly.
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 10:36:51 pm »
<3

k sexy.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Goomdaddy

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 11:39:05 pm »
I will enjoy seeing how you do the boat. I tryed, but mine didn't end up so swell.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 09:00:15 am »
  • Silly cat!

Ok, there's some sort of screenshot (if you could call it that), i spludged on some filters fairly quickly to make it look more interesting.  I'm still working on adding better image support and whatnot.  Hopefully I'll get more done round this time :/
Make sure you credit me on the Rupee Counter and Health Bar sprites. You can't expect me to have forgotten... TLoZFGC wasn't that long ago :P. Are you using the same engine? I could probably let you use some other graphics if you need them.

Hoffy.
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 02:05:51 pm »
looks great, sounds great, usually = is great! :D

nice titlescreen, I like the effects you used on the WW OST cover.
And MMO will be a good way to go with the property buying thing.

A thought just struck me... what if you linked the game's currency system with the ZFGC rupee system? would that work? At least that would be something to do with them. :P
I could do that, but I think that might be considered an abuse of privileges since it may give me  a competitive advantage ;p

Ok, there's some sort of screenshot (if you could call it that), i spludged on some filters fairly quickly to make it look more interesting.  I'm still working on adding better image support and whatnot.  Hopefully I'll get more done round this time :/
Make sure you credit me on the Rupee Counter and Health Bar sprites. You can't expect me to have forgotten... TLoZFGC wasn't that long ago :P. Are you using the same engine? I could probably let you use some other graphics if you need them.
yeah, I just used those as a matter as convenience to show something off ;p
The engine is different, but it's capable of reading all the same files of the old one.
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 05:25:55 pm »
Just want to remind everyone I'm still at work on this, development tools are a !@#$% to develop D:
Here's an early screenshot of what I've done so far, it may not look like much, but it's a bit like writing a web browser from scratch.  I have the xml in the back, and then I have the frontend that has to parse it all.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 08:52:49 am »
  • Silly cat!
A Zelda Game Maker would be pretty cool, though.

A suppose we'd probably get a lot more out a MMO... until you give up of course ;p

Hoffy.
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 02:15:06 pm »
I get the feeling a lot of people have lost interest at this rate D:
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 02:34:47 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
Well lack of updates tend to do that. ;)

Retro
  • TITANIC

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »
  • hungry..
I get the feeling a lot of people have lost interest at this rate D:
Didnt see this before.. I love the idea of not playing as Link, but being able to interact with them on their quests and help them out and whatnot.

:)
  • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 03:28:21 am »
There just hasn't been that much to update, or at least anything that could be considered significant.. or should i say, interesting?

I think i'll wait for someone to rip some more and take advantage of that.
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2007, 03:24:33 pm »
Well, It seems I probably won't get much time to work on this, so I've set up a repository that contains all my badly mangled code.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 02:09:07 pm by Windy »
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2007, 06:44:48 pm »
  • 笑い男
LIES!
i've been updating my game topic very often and it's made barely any difference from it beign dead for months :P

but then again, people seeing new epic stuff seems to be better than words >_<

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2007, 06:22:19 am »
Ohh the screenshots look really nice.
  • Likes to Ramble
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 78 queries.

anything