Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224127 times)

Re: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #700 on: November 16, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
Ethelon has the mockup of gohma in the gmc sig. =/
« Reply #701 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:09 pm »
Now I've finished my exams and stuff I was going to get back into writing some music for this. However, I have no idea what style I should be aiming for. Which do you think would be better:
Full orchestration - like WW and TP
GBA style music - for example, Minish Cap quality sounds

I'd say GBA style myself, as it fits the graphics more. Then I've got the other problem - do I replicate the original OOT music exactly in the chosen style, or rearrange them while still keeping the main melodies?

What file format are you aiming for? Copying the scores exactly probably would be boring for you. However, I was thinking if you had the time, to maybe do originals and remixes. That way there would be the originals, and something creative by you. I'd have to agree with you on the GBA quality sound, probably the best way to go about it. Full orchestration would feel like overkill for the game.
  • Pyxosoft

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #702 on: November 17, 2010, 12:08:31 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I think somewhat an original theme with an homage to OOT/LTTP/Zelda 1 for the overworld would be cool :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M1kThjKlco" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M1kThjKlco</a>
^^ Has the Zelda 1 opening, OOT style changes, as well as Wind Waker's kind of epic feel :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:17:29 am by Colbydude »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

lostmax

« Reply #703 on: November 17, 2010, 12:52:27 am »
is there going to be a JAVA version for those who are on the the go and  are unable to drag their 50lbs PC around with they  :)
« Reply #704 on: November 17, 2010, 01:32:24 am »
I think somewhat an original theme with an homage to OOT/LTTP/Zelda 1 for the overworld would be cool :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M1kThjKlco" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M1kThjKlco</a>
^^ Has the Zelda 1 opening, OOT style changes, as well as Wind Waker's kind of epic feel :)
That's the cloudtop theme from MC DJ :P, all he's done is use high quality samples. I really liked that arrangement of the overworld though, even when I played the game. Here's the original from the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaCNc_lZwjk
Now I've finished my exams and stuff I was going to get back into writing some music for this. However, I have no idea what style I should be aiming for. Which do you think would be better:
Full orchestration - like WW and TP
GBA style music - for example, Minish Cap quality sounds

I'd say GBA style myself, as it fits the graphics more. Then I've got the other problem - do I replicate the original OOT music exactly in the chosen style, or rearrange them while still keeping the main melodies?

What file format are you aiming for? Copying the scores exactly probably would be boring for you. However, I was thinking if you had the time, to maybe do originals and remixes. That way there would be the originals, and something creative by you. I'd have to agree with you on the GBA quality sound, probably the best way to go about it. Full orchestration would feel like overkill for the game.
Probably aiming for .ogg/.mp3. I don't want to do trackers since they're less flexible soundwise and FL doesn't natively support them, and IMO MIDI is not for listening to. I'd go with .ogg myself as it can produce higher quality at lower bitrates than mp3, and there are DLL's on the GMC for ogg playback and manipulation.
Probably could provide 4 versions of the music, an original, remixed, and midi versions of both for people who'd prefer to hear crappy audio :P.

Right, time to dig up my MC rom and rip the sounds.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:33:56 am by Darkå…‰ »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #705 on: November 17, 2010, 02:31:15 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I know what it is, and I know it was a rehash ;) Just saying that would be an awesome basis for music done for the game.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #706 on: November 17, 2010, 02:46:01 am »
I know what it is, and I know it was a rehash ;) Just saying that would be an awesome basis for music done for the game.
Ah, right :p
« Reply #707 on: November 17, 2010, 03:08:26 am »
is there going to be a JAVA version for those who are on the the go and  are unable to drag their 50lbs PC around with they  :)

Sorry no. This project is "open source" though. So if a person or team was dedicated enough, they could port it over using the same resources.

Probably could provide 4 versions of the music, an original, remixed, and midi versions of both for people who'd prefer to hear crappy audio.

I don't want to over work you. :P Honestly .mid is always the most attractive to me. Mainly because of the size. However, if we can manage a good quality versus file size ratio, I would be more inclined to lean towards .ogg/mp3. It's just the sheer size of the music sorta makes me cringe when I think how big it could get. I don't want to force people to download a 100 meg .zip file, and I also want everyone to have the same experience while playing the game.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #708 on: November 17, 2010, 04:37:49 am »
Probably could provide 4 versions of the music, an original, remixed, and midi versions of both for people who'd prefer to hear crappy audio.

I don't want to over work you. :P Honestly .mid is always the most attractive to me. Mainly because of the size. However, if we can manage a good quality versus file size ratio, I would be more inclined to lean towards .ogg/mp3. It's just the sheer size of the music sorta makes me cringe when I think how big it could get. I don't want to force people to download a 100 meg .zip file, and I also want everyone to have the same experience while playing the game.
Yeah, I suppose for a game of this size with 82 songs according to http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Soundtracks-Ocarina%20of%20Time%20Original%20Soundtrack.php although many are little shorts of 5-15 seconds, it weighs in at about 100MB. Maybe include the MIDI with the game and have an optional download for the ogg?
« Reply #709 on: November 17, 2010, 04:41:01 am »
  • Team Dekunutz

Yeah, I suppose for a game of this size with 82 songs according to http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Soundtracks-Ocarina%20of%20Time%20Original%20Soundtrack.php although many are little shorts of 5-15 seconds, it weighs in at about 100MB. Maybe include the MIDI with the game and have an optional download for the ogg?

Yeah, good idea. But it's only worth it if the sound quality is much better, how much better is it?

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #710 on: November 17, 2010, 04:44:05 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
.mid only sound as good as the sound card on board your PC. .ogg are basically mp3's :P
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #711 on: November 17, 2010, 05:46:05 am »
.mid are horrible :P, the only thing they should be used for is storing notation data in an almost universal format. Practically any audio program that deals with notes can open them.
Besides, composing specifically for .mid is so last century :p
« Reply #712 on: December 21, 2010, 12:44:37 am »
more than 1 month! any news?
« Reply #713 on: December 21, 2010, 01:05:44 am »
Nothing to really report at this time because we aren't going to progress without GMare being completed. (Which I'm hoping gets done by the end of the month) Upgrading room data to collisions, instances, and tile data. There has been some work on the title screen, and that's about it.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #714 on: December 24, 2010, 08:12:19 am »
working for perfection, good luck bro
« Reply #715 on: March 04, 2011, 11:37:21 am »
Nothing worth an update in 2011 yet? I am still looking forward to the promised demo, take your time, though, of course. And yeah, good luck, again.
« Reply #716 on: March 04, 2011, 02:15:56 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Progress has been pretty slow for the past few weeks (months?). Hopefully things will start to roll soon enough :P

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #717 on: March 04, 2011, 04:16:08 pm »
Yes, definitely slow at the moment. This is due to GMare. Which is a big part of the resource management. I just need to add the collision part of it, and we'll be rolling again. I'm also thinking about adding one more person to the roster if he has some free time.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #718 on: March 04, 2011, 04:29:54 pm »
Yes, definitely slow at the moment. This is due to GMare. Which is a big part of the resource management. I just need to add the collision part of it, and we'll be rolling again. I'm also thinking about adding one more person to the roster if he has some free time.

I'm glad you are getting ready to work on it again after GMare.  Looking forward to sexy eye candy.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #719 on: August 11, 2011, 11:31:37 am »
Hey X, it's been 5 months, whats going on with the project?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 78 queries.