Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!  (Read 34044 times)

Re: To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2008, 04:01:29 pm »
It may be bad parenting, but it's exactly what the gay parents are doing. They're forcing their beliefs and way of life onto the kid.

I don't know what you're trying to say there, but when I said "The gay parents" I meant the parents that are trying to force onto their kids, I didn't mean ALL gay parents.

But whatever, no matter what you post in any of these topics it's always "GAYS NEVER DO WRONG" "BLAH GAY HATER BLAH BLAH" "GAYS ARE PERFECT" etc. or at least that's the vibe that's constantly given.

It's just a sensitive topic because in the past homosexuals have always been discriminated against, and so it sometimes tends to be that people get annoyed because of people making generalisations of them. It's like with men and women, with women who used to be known as the "weaker sex" and so on, and now women are just fighting to keep their place as equals with men (and get accused of trying to 'take over'). Like homosexuals and those who are pro-homosexuality are afraid of homosexuals losing their place in society.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:03:04 pm by Kaede »
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2008, 04:05:31 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
Constantly trying to get people to vote no isn't going to get you anywhere except for people ignoring and hating you.
I havn't been constantly trying to get people to vote no. that's silly. I've simply made a topic on a relatively unpopulated message board. I wouldn't call that "constantly". You simply choose to ignore the good I'm trying to do and act like I'm forcing this topic into your face. You choose to come here. I have done nothing to "annoy" you.

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2008, 04:07:38 pm »
  • Fight the Power
It's like with men and women, with women who used to be known as the "weaker sex" and so on, and now women are just fighting to keep their place as equals with men (and get accused of trying to 'take over').
I laughed at this XD.
...Are homosexuals trying to take over? :D I'm kidding, chill :P.

Also,

Constantly trying to get people to vote no isn't going to get you anywhere except for people ignoring and hating you.
I havn't been constantly trying to get people to vote no. that's silly. I've simply made a topic on a relatively unpopulated message board. I wouldn't call that "constantly". You simply choose to ignore the good I'm trying to do and act like I'm forcing this topic into your face. You choose to come here. I have done nothing to "annoy" you.

To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!

I wouldn't say constantly, though.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:12:17 pm by Darunia »

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2008, 04:07:48 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

No no, not you in general.

I'm just talking about the gay population in general who's trying to get people to vote no. Just like that video you've posted a few times that they made. (Which also doesn't help the fact that you're trying to get people to vote No by posting it all the time :P)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2008, 04:37:38 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
To be fair, they are just doing what all *deep beath*
Politicians, Religious Masses, Scientists, Philosophers, Every other !@#$% human trying to get you to do what they want because it suits their agendas better does, if you're going to criticise them for doing it you might as well criticise the entire democratic system which is built around exactly the same actions.
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2008, 04:57:48 pm »
  • *whistle*
I miss when Possum was here...

Know why?

Because at least there was an "against" argument that was not entirely based on bigotry.

Just to show you guys how much DICK you have stuck in your ears, I'm going to replace single words to change this argument to something about black marriage.

When blacks stop acting like they're different and crying for attention because of it, I'll vote to allow black marriage. Until then, they need to learn to stop bitching and find constructive ways to get what they want.

Also, I do support black marriage. As long as both are hot.

How come when someone has an issue with black marriages someone blames it on religion?

Just vague curiosity, no real concern behind it really <_<;; I know a ton of atheists who are very against black marriage AND religion <_<;;

If I lived in California I have to say I would vote yes to prop 8. I don't think a marriage between two black people makes any sense. ... Two black people should not be raising a child together, as it not conducive to a healthy environment for the child. There are things that a white person can teach a child and there are things that a black person can teach a child and to say that two black people could provide the kind of care and love that a child should get is bull crap.

I agree with Fictitious, it wouldn't be healthy for their children. They would probably have a crappy childhood, get bullied at school, etc.
African-American couples should think about this and decide not to adopt any children.

I have known plenty of kids that have. I've known about 4 kids with black parents and they got made fun of all the time and 3 of those 4 kids have been traumatized ever since and hate their parents. Was it their parents fault? Maybe since their parents wanted to come into class and talk about black marriage and such.

Aliento, Fictitious was talking about how white parents would be inappropriate for raising a black, as would black parents bringing up a white. Think about it, I'd hate for a white to be raised to be a total gangsta because his parents had no real idea of white behaviour, wouldn't you?

Oh and about the kids making fun of his parents, children are cruel, and having black parents is like bait for even more cruelty. Yes, I have witnessed this many times. And I know what it's like when people make fun of you, hell everyone does. It's not a nice feeling, is it? Would you like your children to feel like that?

And about the muslim thing, deny it all you want but it is alot more accepted than being black.

Darunia's right. Whether or not you believe in an invisible man in the sky has nothing to do with parenting- the colour of your skin and lifestyle does. Face it, being black is abnormal-it's not natural. I don't care what you say, it isn't. Children should be raised to be open-minded about being black, but when they're being raised by blacks, chances are they'll just become black themselves because of all the black paraphernalia they're surrounded by.

I'm not against blacks, I don't mind blacks, I've had black friends before and still do.

About the whole "black parents" thing. If the child is brought up right, I don't mind. If the parents try to raise the kid black, then I hate it. Let the kid choose their own lifestyle, don't try to shove it down their throats. I've known about so many black couples trying to force their kids to be black.

It's also common sense that most likely 2 out of 10 black couples try to raise their kids black.

How not? The parents are black, they're dressing the kid up and making the kid act exactly like they are. I'd say that has to do with them being black.

It may be bad parenting, but it's exactly what the black parents are doing. They're forcing their beliefs and way of life onto the kid.

(I'd like to point out that ALL parents do this)

I don't know what you're trying to say there, but when I said "The black parents" I meant the parents that are trying to force onto their kids, I didn't mean ALL black parents.

But whatever, no matter what you post in any of these topics it's always "BLACKS NEVER DO WRONG" "BLAH BLACK HATER BLAH BLAH" "BLACKS ARE PERFECT" etc. or at least that's the vibe that's constantly given.

Now I'd like you to take a moment, should your DICK holes, and try to come up with an argument that doesn't rely just on your huge collective homophobia.
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2008, 05:24:54 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
On Wife Swap once there was a girl who lived with her dad and her dad's boyfriend. She absolutely adored her dad and didn't mind at all having 2 dads.

You're basing reality off of reality television, which is actually scripted television? Wow.

with women who used to be known as the "weaker sex" and so on, and now women are just fighting to keep their place as equals with men (and get accused of trying to 'take over').

In almost every society women are considered the stronger sex, prior to modern day. It's not at all unreasonable to assume by historical precedent that women like to control society and wish they could. Also with most of the women I know...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 05:29:58 pm by walnut100 »
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2008, 05:29:10 pm »
Aliento, Fictitious was talking about how white parents would be inappropriate for raising a black, as would black parents bringing up a white. Think about it, I'd hate for a white to be raised to be a total gangsta because his parents had no real idea of white behaviour, wouldn't you?
Pyru, you win. You completely, utterly, win. <3

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2008, 05:32:44 pm »
  • Fight the Power
@ Pyru

Being racist and 'homophobic', as you put it, is NOT the same thing. At all.

White parents have nothing black parents don't. Guy + Guy doesn't have the woman. Woman + Woman doesn't have the man. Afro-american couples are capable of raising their children the same way white couples can, unlike homosexuals.

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2008, 05:35:13 pm »
@ Pyru

White parents have nothing black parents don't. Guy + Guy doesn't have the woman. Woman + Woman doesn't have the man. Afro-american couples are capable of raising their children the same way white couples can, unlike homosexuals.

OH really? statistics would argue otherwise. Stats show that black children recieve poorer education and are generally less affluent. Maybe we should forbid blacks to breed.

« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2008, 05:35:36 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I don't remember there being a law that says black people aren't allowed to get married.
I don't remember Black people protesting and crying about not being able to get married. (Perhaps way back when.)
I don't remember there being Black Pride parades. (Sure there's a Black History Month, but that's totally different).

I don't know why you're comparing Blacks to Gays... are you trying to say something?

Black people went through a totally different experience. Compared to what Black people went through, this !@#$% with Gay people is nothing.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2008, 05:38:11 pm »
Different pairs of people will raise their children differently, but as long as what is not radically different is maintained, the children raised will not be worse off.  A black man is a man, a black woman is a woman.  Do I think that some black people raise their kids possibly worse than some white parents?  Yes, but the same can be said in the opposite. 

Fundamentally, children raised with a male parent and a female parent are better off.  That is just how it is as they are exposed to both sides.  However, single parents are allowed to keep their children, and parents are not always obligated to be there for their children.  Essentially, I see gay parents as two single parents; they don't have it all, but they do their best.  In the case of adoption, as long as the adoption in and of itself is not to feel more normal to they eyes of society in some way or for the gay people to feel like they should just because others have that and for that reason alone, then it is alright.
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2008, 05:40:40 pm »
  • Fight the Power
OH really? statistics would argue otherwise. Stats show that black children recieve poorer education and are generally less affluent. Maybe we should forbid blacks to breed.

You clearly didn't get my point.

Homosexual couples aren't capable of giving the same education to their children a normal couple would. It's not possible.

Afro-american couples are capable of doing it. Sure, maybe the majority of them are poorer, but money doesn't buy everything.

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2008, 05:47:01 pm »
My argument about the single parent kind of deflates what you are saying unless you think a child is corruptible based on what their parents are in terms of sexual-orientation.  You fail to realize that homosexual people originated mostly in heterosexual households for some reason or other.  Children who grow up in single parent households may hold some disdain for the gender of their missing parent, but they come out fine.  If in a homosexual residence, a child who is missing the other gender is probably going to be alright as well.  If you parents choose your sexual orientation, then you are the one who is messed up.
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2008, 05:49:22 pm »

You clearly didn't get my point.

Homosexual couples aren't capable of giving the same education to their children a normal couple would. It's not possible.

Afro-american couples are capable of doing it. Sure, maybe the majority of them are poorer, but money doesn't buy everything.
except it does buy an education, which is by far one of the most valuable things parents can give you.

Even if gay parents really made it so other kids would make fun of me, I'd much rather be made fun of through my school years than be poor and uneducated by the end of them.

Not to mention, if straight parents taught their children better tolerance and kindness, being made fun of would be a non-issue for children of gays. Racism is not a common problem among school children. Why should homophobia be?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 05:52:34 pm by Aliento »

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2008, 05:51:22 pm »

Yes it is. Its showing intolerance.
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2008, 05:57:03 pm »
  • Fight the Power
except it does buy an education, which is by far one of the most valuable things parents can give you.

Oh hell no. They teach you lots of stuff, about life in general. School isn't there to teach stuff parents should.

No, I tolerate homosexual couples. As I've said many times, I don't give a rat's ass if there are gay couples. We're talking about what's best for their children here, not about our preferences.

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2008, 05:59:10 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Because at least there was an "against" argument that was not entirely based on bigotry.

AND HEEEEEEEEEEERE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMES THE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

I'm going to replace single words to change this argument to something about black marriage.

Complete with logical fallacy!

When blacks stop acting like they're different and crying for attention because of it

First point of interest. Homosexuality is a relatively recent phenomena in pop culture. People have always been gay, but have never come out of the closet with it, so to speak. Once gays started coming out, it caused a shockwave to society, which, like anything else, has caused backlash. Remember the olden days when there was bloodshed over whether or not 0 should be considered part of the canonical number system? Anything that goes against the norm and shakes things up is going to cause fighting. In the civil rights movement, it was black people's rights to freedom. People were lynched in the streets for the color of their skin, something they were born with and couldn't help. For the most part, they were quiet. Most of the fighting about civil rights for blacks was actually from white people using them for political leverage. The northern states saw it in the civil war era as a perfect opportunity to slam the southern states and gain economic control. The southern states were fairly dependant on their slave labor to keep the economy up. True, most families in the south didn't have slaves because slaves were expensive. However, large plantation owners who owned most of the wealth controlled the power of the dollar and needed the cheaper labor to stay in business. Know what that reminds me of more than gays? Illegal immigrants. Why aren't we fighting for their rights? They're good, industrious, hard-working people who benefit the economy and deserve at least minimum wage to support their families. Off of that tangent, we return to the civil rights era. At this point, nobody was fighting for blacks, and protests were far and few between. Northern states once again felt more for their African-American brethren than southern states, because at that point in history it had become ingrained that blacks were inferior. Martin Luther King Jr. was one influential man who was a part of that group, and knew how to fight for peace and rights. He was like a passive voice of reason in a raging Metallica concert of bigotry.

Now we have gay people fighting to change religious code of conduct and for tax benefits. They are not fighting for freedom. They are not fighting for life. They are not fighting for liberty. They are not fighting for the pursuit of happiness. They are fighting for the almighty dollar. Idealist gays will tell you they're fighting for love, but why should the government define love for anyone? The government tends to screw things up more often than it helps. I am absolutely 100% against gay couples being married. It's a religious ceremony and allowing it to happen is completely sacrilegious. HOWEVER that's not to say that gays cannot still have civil unions, which would be the same thing, tax benefits and all, just without the religious stigma attached. Equality? Is it equal to stomp my religion into the ground? Why should the term marriage be so important? God does not approve of homosexuality. It's spelled out clear as day. God also says to hate the sin and love the sinner. We should do everything in our power to help our homosexual brethren and get them equal rights that everyone else gets, which in this case is just a tax break. However, at the same time, homosexuals should agree to turn down the dramatics a few notches and take it to legislators. As long as you can not get yourself into a tizzy over the fact that not everybody is going to support gays, and can hold yourself up high with confidence, and can really make a difference in society, then people will respect you, and people will act accordingly for you.

How come when someone has an issue with black marriages someone blames it on religion?

That's not even a valid point, the bible says nothing at all about race aside from gentile/samaritan/jews. In the old testament jews were only to marry jews, but the Samaritans came to be because of interbreeding with the local nation, of which I cannot recall.

If I lived in California I have to say I would vote yes to prop 8. I don't think a marriage between two black people makes any sense.

Your fatal flaw in this comparison is comparing race to sexuality. Race is melanin in your skin, sexuality is psychological differences in the brain. We've brought up the raising a kid argument before. No matter what you try to say, there will be negative psychological affects to any child raised by a homosexual couple, if nothing else because society deems it wrong. So the couple is gay but completely straight-edge otherwise. Normal, happy couple, perfectly capable of raising a child as well as any straight couple. Where does the problem lie? Children. Eventually your kids will have to face up with society, and if schoolkids find out you have gay parents, no matter who you are, you're going to be teased to hell and back again until you're almost done with highschool. Want to know what causes school shootings? Bullying. Gays wanna homeschool their kids to prevent that? Go for it, just be aware that you're costing your kid social skills that will be critical later in life in the workplace, and perhaps even sheltering the kid so he becomes a party animal and gets in trouble during his college years. The point is, no matter how you go about it, society's gonna kill that kid until society's ready to let it live.

I'm not against blacks, I don't mind blacks, I've had black friends before and still do.

Perfectly valid statement no matter what the context, you're reaching far.

Face it, being black is abnormal-it's not natural.

See two statements above. Society has a set of rules you have to follow if you wish to stay within its boundaries. And in this day and age, defying society is asking for your right to life to be revoked.

In short, try harder. Every argument has two sides. Anyone foolish enough to not realize this has no right arguing in the first place.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2008, 06:01:04 pm »

No, I tolerate homosexual couples. As I've said many times, I don't give a rat's ass if there are gay couples. We're talking about what's best for their children here, not about our preferences.

I'm not aiming that at you personally. The way I see it if you're homophobic, sexist, racist, blah blah blah you're intolerant. But that doesn't mean you cant hate them. I mean I hate religion with a passion, but I can tolerate that thats their belief.

As you said you can tolerate homosexuality.
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2008, 06:06:44 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Yes, I can tolerate homosexuality. What I don't like is what they do (Gay pride parades, shoving it down our throats, adopting children can be argued, but I still think it shouldn't be done. In my opinion).

I'm getting a headache here. >_< Too much internetz :P.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 75 queries.

anything