Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The World Ends With You  (Read 4137 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
The World Ends With You
« on: April 28, 2008, 06:35:57 am »
Is a terrible game.

Full of whiny emo twits, and a shitty battle system.

The only reason to play is to see a girl with her skirt cut extremely low.
Re: The World Ends With You
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 06:46:14 am »
Sadly, I played Riviera: The Promised Land for a similar reason - bath scenes.  At least that has a cool battle system though.

I want to play The World Ends With You, but meh, to each his own.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 07:02:02 am »
Bad game or not the music !@#$% owns!
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 07:17:13 am »

The music is also bad. Crappy techno and some KH-like pop song.

lame.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 12:02:24 pm »
Gaming sites gave it high reviews.

Why is it bad Swiftu. Speak moar! =(
the a o d c
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 05:06:28 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Gaming sites gave it high reviews.

Why is it bad Swiftu. Speak moar! =(

Is a terrible game.

Full of whiny emo twits, and a shitty battle system.

Still, a guy at EB Games told me that the game has other characters that aren't so emo. :/ Who knows?

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 05:14:27 pm »
  • :3

lame.

You mean standard Mario Kart music. Once again you impress us with your mimicricy of terrible arguments against Wii games simply because of the system they're on and who made it. I have no idea how you can call the music bad when it's just how Mario Kart music is supposed to be.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 07:00:34 pm »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.

lame.

You mean standard Mario Kart music. Once again you impress us with your mimicricy of terrible arguments against Wii games simply because of the system they're on and who made it. I have no idea how you can call the music bad when it's just how Mario Kart music is supposed to be.

Actually, TWEWY is a DS game.  But I actually like the music a lot, it's like a triphop mix of JSRF style indie. 

I also like the battle system >.>  The pins are pretty awesome.  The character development is also pretty damn good, regardless of whether or not the main char is stereotypical.
  • Chaos Colosseum
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 07:00:53 pm »

lame.

Uh... What lol? He didn't say a thing about Mario Kart music in there. And it's not a Wii game. It's for DS. What were you talking about?
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 07:03:12 pm »

lame.

Uh... What lol? He didn't say a thing about Mario Kart music in there. And it's not a Wii game. It's for DS. What were you talking about?
I think he got the wrong topic.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 09:10:14 pm »
Still, a guy at EB Games told me that the game has other characters that aren't so emo. :/ Who knows?

I do, I've played the damn thing.

lame.

Actually, TWEWY is a DS game.  But I actually like the music a lot, it's like a triphop mix of JSRF style indie. 

I also like the battle system >.>  The pins are pretty awesome.  The character development is also pretty damn good, regardless of whether or not the main char is stereotypical.

No, the battle system is a clusterfuck where the enemies are free to anally rape you without lube. you basically heck and slash while praying that they don't get close enough to attack. If they do, you're !@#$% out of luck, because battle movement is !@#$%. Why can't they just let us run freely like they do outside of battle?

Not commenting on character development because the characters were stupid to begin with. I was extremely annoyed by Neku constantly whining about how he doesn't understand people and other character's constant jabs at his antisocialness. (oh yes, brooding loner is such an original archetype.)

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 09:21:36 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Meh, brooding loner's worked before. Honestly, I'd play it (I have the ROM) but it sticks at the title screen. I'll try to get it to work and tell whether or not I agree with Swiftu. But before I even play, I'll say that Squeenix should have worked on KH more. Forget the full title. think it's 368/2 Days or something.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 09:37:11 pm »
  • :3
How the !@#$% did I end up posting in this topic?...

Sorry about that Swiftu.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 09:44:03 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
That's Wierd, Kyubi.

Anyway, I saw an ad in back of Nintendo Power, and was interested, so I looked it up online. It looked worth a play. Nothing amazing, but nothing bad.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 10:30:56 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Meh, brooding loner's worked before. Honestly, I'd play it (I have the ROM) but it sticks at the title screen. I'll try to get it to work and tell whether or not I agree with Swiftu. But before I even play, I'll say that Squeenix should have worked on KH more. Forget the full title. think it's 368/2 Days or something.
Um, the "new game" button is simply blacked out, it doesn't stick.  The game actually runs at full speed on my computer, but most of the graphics are blacked out so it's unplayable unless you already know absolutely everything about the game.

Anyways, bad game or not, the artwork and graphical style are awesome.   *points to sig*

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 10:34:56 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I'll wait for the new version of no$gba then. Hopefully it'll work on that.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 01:04:13 am »

No, no. I agree with you- I haven't played much of it (I probably will since I WANTED this game when it was first announced), but the kid's emoness is like an attack to my brain. I put the who knows in there cuz there's people that like the emoness. >_>

Hmm... Final Fantasy VII, VIII... Ehhh... Kingdom Hearts II... yeah >_> Somewhere in there, there's some emoness. >_>

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 01:41:27 am »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.

lame.

No, the battle system is a clusterfuck where the enemies are free to anally rape you without lube. you basically heck and slash while praying that they don't get close enough to attack. If they do, you're !@#$% out of luck, because battle movement is !@#$%. Why can't they just let us run freely like they do outside of battle?

Not commenting on character development because the characters were stupid to begin with. I was extremely annoyed by Neku constantly whining about how he doesn't understand people and other character's constant jabs at his antisocialness. (oh yes, brooding loner is such an original archetype.)

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I loved the game. The battle system can be overwhelming the first few battles but it's really easy to pick up on and becomes very addicting. It's a hell of a lot more involved than the traditional FF side-view turn based system :/ There is hardly any anal rapage unless you lack the ability to slide a stick across the screen. You are also given the ability to adjust battle difficulty through temporarily lowering your level to increase drop rate or changing the game difficulty which effects EXP and pin drops.
As far as your opinions of the characters, I see how Neku is extremely emo and annoyingly cliche in the sense of being a brooding loner as you put it, but he actually does develop and build relationships with characters. I personally enjoyed the story, and even if you say it was cliche, it is heavily disguised by the beautiful details and addicting gameplay. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Neku grow from a pitiful lonely emo kid who wants to die into someone who actually gives a !@#$% about something.

I will say I played the game on mute though. It's just not my kind of music. I think Familjen, Megadeth, Dethklok, Necrophagist, Mastodon, Slayer, Protest the Hero, and Uffie served as adequate replacements though. That's pretty much my current gaming playlist.

However that's just my opinion so bleh.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:44:49 am by brighteyes »
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 01:55:28 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.

Too late XD

Anywho, the battle system is useful so long as you know how to control it.  The pins bring enough diversity into the bottom screen that it's a matter of preference when it comes to how you attack, be it one of the projectile (tap) pins, the shield (circle) or the sword (line).  I agree that movement could've been freed up, but that'd make some of the pins' attacks a little more annoying to execute.  One doesn't even really have the RIGHT to complain about the top screen, considering you can set it to NPC controlled as soon as you let go of the dpad (and step back in any time).  You could argue incompetance when it comes to the NPC syncing for the fusion pin, but considering you can equip items that improve the sync rate for that it's also a null point.  And to give yourself more of a challenge you can chain the battles up and lower your level while fighting for more drops.  They pretty much thought of everything in that respect.  The only thing I think needed work was the style ranks.  The battle system involves a lot of micromanagement on it's own, so they could've tweaked the style ranks to be a bit less emphasized on a speed:dmg ratio.
  • Chaos Colosseum
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 02:34:49 am »
I thoroughly enjoyed watching Neku grow from a pitiful lonely emo kid who wants to die into someone who actually gives a !@#$% about something.

You've upped TWEWY's chances of me actually playing it from start to finish. TWEWY should love you.

• Super Smash Karts
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 75 queries.

anything