Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Plink  (Read 11688 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Plink
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2008, 08:52:33 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
*stabs infinitus*

This just gave me a brilliant idea for a puzzle game <_< Get on MSN you ph00
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2008, 09:01:03 am »
PM me :). I'm at college at the moment.

OMG Mouse controled?! Never...ever...lol I prefer arrow keys....
I prefer mouse, quicker reactions.

Um, it's alright, crashed on me the second time playing it...>.>
Really? What caused it to crash?
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2008, 09:04:58 am »

OMG I'm going to kill you, I was on my way to beating your highscore and the !@#$% thing crashes...

I have a screenie for proof so you should add me in the highscore table now! lol
I put the screenie in the attachments...also, random bounces on the corner of the grey blocks = phail.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2008, 09:10:38 am »

OMG I'm going to kill you, I was on my way to beating your highscore and the !@#$% thing crashes...
Its a conspiricy :D. Anyway not sure what that problem is, but dammnit I'm goner find it when I get home.

I have a screenie for proof so you should add me in the highscore table now! lol
I put the screenie in the attachments...also, random bounces on the corner of the grey blocks = phail.
lol, ok.
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2008, 05:35:13 pm »
First time I booted this up and played, it froze my whole computer right as the ball was about to hit a ???-block. I didn't play it again, and I was given no error. I barley had any programs running in the background.
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2008, 05:40:42 pm »
First time I booted this up and played, it froze my whole computer right as the ball was about to hit a ???-block. I didn't play it again, and I was given no error. I barley had any programs running in the background.
O_o. Intresting, looks like my physics library is cocking up again. Either that or your computer dosen't like the amount of particles that are created when certain blocks are destroyed. What computer are your urnning on?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:44:49 pm by Infinitus »
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2008, 06:19:56 pm »
I've also encountered a few problems, after getting that thing where it stops the balls when they hit the paddle, after it was over one of the balls got stuck in the paddle which resulted in a shitload of particles and lagged the whole game down, I was able to shoot the ball off again, but it took a while getting it to a height where it could hit the blocks again.
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2008, 06:40:36 pm »
O_o. Intresting, looks like my physics library is cocking up again. Either that or your computer dosen't like the amount of particles that are created when certain blocks are destroyed. What computer are your urnning on?

AMD Athlon XP 1900+ 1.6 gHz
512 MB RAM
Geforce 3 Ti

Mind you, I run many other game just fine, such as World of Warcraft, Counter-strike (1.6 and Condition-zero) and others.
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2008, 07:12:50 pm »
I've also encountered a few problems, after getting that thing where it stops the balls when they hit the paddle, after it was over one of the balls got stuck in the paddle which resulted in a shitload of particles and lagged the whole game down, I was able to shoot the ball off again, but it took a while getting it to a height where it could hit the blocks again.
Yeh I know about that problem. Its caused by the physics engine, which I didn't write, so unfortunatly bar implementing some fast-fix I can't do much.

AMD Athlon XP 1900+ 1.6 gHz
512 MB RAM
Geforce 3 Ti

Mind you, I run many other game just fine, such as World of Warcraft, Counter-strike (1.6 and Condition-zero) and others.
Yes thats rather odd, should run fine.

I really hate these kinds of bugs, ones that I can't recreate on my PC for the life of me >.>. I've just put the game through a pretty intensive test (literally a map coated in blocks and pickups, game went nuts but it never crashed).
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2008, 08:05:40 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRgq_4_SdC4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRgq_4_SdC4</a>

Beat all your scores in little over 2 minutes :D (and this is without the double points bug that effects the older version :D).
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2008, 09:02:24 pm »
Beat all your scores in little over 2 minutes :D (and this is without the double points bug that effects the older version :D).

I hate you.  :P

Every single time I died was caused by the paddle blending in with the score-count.  Every single time.  I think the easiest solution would be to move the score and life count up a bit so that they don't overlap with the paddle.  Either that or possibly put the paddle in the foreground so that it moves in front of the score instead of behind it.
Did you use the newer version? I made the score half-transparent so it shouldn't interfeare to much.

Yep, I'm using the newer version.  I can see the paddle fine under normal conditions, but when it starts getting fast I just keep my eye on the ball and watch the paddle through my peripheral vision.  During times like that I don't have time to look down and see where the paddle begins and ends because and it kinda blurs with the score counter.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2008, 09:18:16 pm »
Yep, I'm using the newer version.  I can see the paddle fine under normal conditions, but when it starts getting fast I just keep my eye on the ball and watch the paddle through my peripheral vision.  During times like that I don't have time to look down and see where the paddle begins and ends because and it kinda blurs with the score counter.
Ok, I'll see what I can do. I've been rewriting a ton of code to fix some bugs and stop any major slowdown from happening.

On another note, Mammy is trying to create some better graphics for it :D. Should be intresting to see what he comes up with.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2008, 10:50:52 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Eat it, my score > yours lol

BUT. My name came out as Mamoruanie
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2008, 11:06:53 pm »
Da !@#$%? Cheater :P.

* Runs off to go beat you.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2008, 11:09:07 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD I so am not! AND UR SLEEPING.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2008, 05:15:15 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
How did you do it?
All I do is look at the ball and keep my pen alligned with it.(active digitizer)
Any strategies/tips?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2008, 05:38:50 am »
What's this coded in and can we please port it to Linux? :D?

I'm dying without my laptop, i can't play any of the four games that everyone made with GM! :| *sad*
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

gm112

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2008, 05:43:29 am »

:O Tim! You're beginning to swear!

I'm dying without my laptop, i can't play any of the four games that everyone made with GM! :| *sad*
BlitzMax is what this is coded in. And it's already compatible with linux as far as I'm concerned. BlitzMax can compile for Windows, Mac, and Linux. I know it works really good on Debian based distros.
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2008, 06:00:28 am »

BlitzMax is what this is coded in. And it's already compatible with linux as far as I'm concerned. BlitzMax can compile for Windows, Mac, and Linux. I know it works really good on Debian based distros.

ZFGC has had too many "Tim"'s within the staff. NeoGeo-x, Helios, 4sword, what's the world coming to!?

Where's the linux port then, hmm? I thought He said he *did not* make with with BlitzMax, perhaps I misread that?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

gm112

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2008, 06:08:53 am »
Blitzmax, am I right?
I think he uses C# or C++ so no you are not right
Watch and learn about Infinitus...

Yes he does use those languages but he prefers to write games in Blitzmax. Like his previous game Defence, written in blitzmax.
God no. I never use BlitzMax for anything nowadays except for the occassional projects when I'm bored (like this one) and want really fast results, anything major I usually write in C++ or C#.

That answers you, Andrew.

ZFGC has had too many "Tim"'s within the staff. NeoGeo-x, Helios, 4sword, what's the world coming to!?

rofl... I won't say his last name since he may want that disclosed. Helios, then :P.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 75 queries.