Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Brawl Tournament  (Read 13414 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Brawl Tournament
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:57:47 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
ZFGC will be having a Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament from June 8th to June 21st.  Those competing have already been informed and the rest of you will be able to view each of the battles that take place and comment on them.  The winner of the tournament will receive 2000 Wii Points to which they can spend however they wish.  Who will win it all?  You'll have to tune in to find out.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:50:53 am by 4Sword »
Re: Brawl Tournament
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:00:06 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
(not my day)

2000 Wii Points.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 02:03:09 am »
Hell yeah, this is going to be awesome. I definitely can't wait for June 8th now.

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 02:10:49 am »
Same! I'm starting to practice now. 8)
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 04:14:29 am »
  • b e p i s
This is great! I can't wait to watch some of these.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 05:19:19 am »
Ha, if those of you who cannot see the planning that goes into this event could, you would think it is a little ridiculous.  It is just Regulus, myself, and Hammer Bro. Mike doing all the setup with help from the administration on updating the news box.  I'll try to do what I can, and from what I can tell, the lean and efficient team that is assembled will get stuff done in way that speaks to what users here can do if they have a plan and organization.  Strangely I am person who takes pride in the technical work. 

But yeah, this should be good.  I, myself, am a participant so I will do my best to give a strong showing.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 10:16:19 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I sure hope you have another when it comes out in the UK...

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 10:38:52 pm »
It depends on the number of PAL players and probably lag issues if it is even conceivable or possible to play cross-region.  If there was another one, it would not be this summer though, and with school schedules, who knows.  But all of this seems premature, this first one has to at least show promise.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 12:46:05 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
where did the list of friend codes go off to? >_>

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 12:50:41 am »
Oh come on, with your powers you should be able to see it.  I mean, if I had your eyes on the forum it would be pretty hard to miss.  The Sharingan let you see everything, >.<.  I mean, so what if you killed your whole clan. 

You at least should be able to see it in the Brawl board that is currently hidden as you are a global moderator and as such have access to it.  The information though is going to be PMed to all users tonight so that everyone can register everyone. 
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 12:57:23 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I sure hope you have another when it comes out in the UK...
If there is ever a europe/australia tourney I'd not host, participate, and film it. :/

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 08:35:27 am »
  • Silly cat!
Seriously?

You can't even wait an extra 20 or so days until I get the game? Sheesh, I hate to sound like a spoilt kid who's not allowed to have his turn at a birthday party, but that's downright unfair.

Hoffy.
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 08:52:06 am »
Hoffy, even if you got it then, you would not be tournament ready.  It would take a while to get used to all the characters when you get the game, and even then, lag issues would possibly make it too much of a problem to handle.  Blame Nintendo and their release schedule, but in all honesty, providing for all of what you want would be a too tall order.  I am also going on vacation during the European release and some users here have summer classes. 

Also, with other events on ZFGC planned or at least discussed, a set period of time had to be allotted, and this is what was went with.  I figured that the Character Competition if it were happening would be later around the time possibly that you are mentioning, and it would not work out for both events so much if they happened near each other.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 10:01:28 am »
  • Silly cat!
Hoffy, even if you got it then, you would not be tournament ready.  It would take a while to get used to all the characters when you get the game, and even then, lag issues would possibly make it too much of a problem to handle.  Blame Nintendo and their release schedule, but in all honesty, providing for all of what you want would be a too tall order.  I am also going on vacation during the European release and some users here have summer classes. 

Also, with other events on ZFGC planned or at least discussed, a set period of time had to be allotted, and this is what was went with.  I figured that the Character Competition if it were happening would be later around the time possibly that you are mentioning, and it would not work out for both events so much if they happened near each other.
Not tournament ready? I have something like 500 hours on Melee :P. They're basically the same game XD.

But yeah, your other reasons are fair enough :).

Hoffy.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 01:15:29 pm »
  • The Mike

Not tournament ready? I have something like 500 hours on Melee :P. They're basically the same game XD.

Yeah, but there are some new tweaks to the game like to wavedashing with the new air dodge. I don't know if you wavedash or not. Some of the characters play the same. Link seems better in Brawl than Melee IMO. Mario seems different with F.L.U.D.D. Anyway, even if we did a worldwide tourney, we'd have to all be in one place if it were to be "super special awesome".

Even I'm still fussy with the game's lag. My brother and I faced his friend who lives really close to us and there was some lag in some of the matches. Who knows? Maybe the lag won't be too bad for you, maybe it will? But, we don't know yet. We'd have to probably test it out. We'd eventually do a international tourney someday but not soon. Maybe this year or during the christmas holidays if nobody is too busy with Gears of War 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, etc.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 03:09:12 pm »

The mechanics feel so much different.  Sure, some things have remained the same, but it also feels a lot different at the same time.

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 03:17:31 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

Yeah, but there are some new tweaks to the game like to wavedashing with the new air dodge. I don't know if you wavedash or not. Some of the characters play the same. Link seems better in Brawl than Melee IMO. Mario seems different with F.L.U.D.D. Anyway, even if we did a worldwide tourney, we'd have to all be in one place if it were to be "super special awesome".

Even I'm still fussy with the game's lag. My brother and I faced his friend who lives really close to us and there was some lag in some of the matches. Who knows? Maybe the lag won't be too bad for you, maybe it will? But, we don't know yet. We'd have to probably test it out. We'd eventually do a international tourney someday but not soon. Maybe this year or during the christmas holidays if nobody is too busy with Gears of War 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, etc.
When i faced you and luigi and you guys ganged up on me...we had no lag.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 04:10:12 pm »
  • The Mike

When i faced you and luigi and you guys ganged up on me...we had no lag.
True. Sometimes there is lag and sometimes there isn't. The odd time, it might slow down for a second but then works fine afterward.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 03:24:35 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZFGCBrawlTourney

You people should subscribe to the tourney youtube account.
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 02:58:16 pm »
I hope you're not thinking about using timed matches like in those videos >_>

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 76 queries.