Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spam in Other Areas Besides Spam  (Read 8081 times)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: Spam in Other Areas Besides Spam
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2006, 06:29:00 am »
  • .越//
   I feel that if I were modded, I could handle most of the problem in the other boards, but others probably feel that I would not do a good job; I have to do a lot of the moderator’s work already (i.e. I see rule breaking, report it, wait five to thirty minutes, and then finally get resolution).  Part of the problem could be resolved with some people who could handle situations like I could.

If we are going to have a Spam forum which hurts the forum through its presence, then there should be something that benefits the forum because of it.  I have proposed to the administration an idea that would help: an advertisement system in Spam.  Before everyone throws feces at their screens like gorillas, then I would like to further explain my idea.  Similar to how advertisement was done at GamersAdvanced, there would be an advertisement in a topic as the second post on a page.  The advertisements would benefit the forum by providing financial revenue.  Spam, the board of the most activity, would at least have some purpose.  I would also call for an end to double posting in Spam.  Honestly, how much space does one need to post something stupid?

The problem with the advertisement system is that it would only serve to mask the larger problem though.  There would still be an imbalance in activity in the forum.  Spam would not be as much of a problem if other boards increased in activity as well.  A problem with making fangames is getting the animations right on sprites.  If we had people work on animating sprites and organizing them for others to use, then the activity in the Graphics sections would increase, and eventually Work-In-Progress would increase as graphically appealing games started rolling out.  This may seem like an impossible idea, but if it were set up around the Z3 expo, then it might work.  If people were worried that their sprite animations would help the other entrants, then they could release them at the end of the expo.  They could also release them before and let the other entrants work on their programming more, but it would be up to them.

This is why I was about to make you a Mod just before I got booted. ;D

yeah! he has every time an understandable point and comes with an solution...

and i agree... Z3 can be another step back to gamecreation and its "brother" for misc... and when i would have to want to post just spam then i would have get to DsR... because the "creativity section" there is really bad... just cut off spam for a while... people who dont go to the goal of the forum ( game creation ) shouldnt just be here for spam...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 35 queries.