Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is This Really Necessary?  (Read 2302 times)

Koh

Is This Really Necessary?
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:29:44 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ich49iu8ME" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ich49iu8ME</a>

Who needs three screens to sit down a game?  I mean come on now, let's get for real.  Take notice on how much space that takes up on a desk.   In addition, it's not like you're actually observing at all three screens at once.  You'd only be able to focus on one at a time with your retina.  This is probably a love/hate ordeal where there's a split balance...I seriously just cannot grasp why this would be necessary in the world of gaming.
  • Megaclipse Games
Re: Is This Really Necessary?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:11:39 pm »
I think its cool, and i disagree saying that you can only focus on one. the others would be able to be seen i think. i only think its cool as far as technology and a gimmick, but to game on that would make me feel like a loser. plus that would cost so much for almost no difference.. i think its unnessicary but pretty cool. i know my brother has 2 or 3 screens, but actually uses them all for different things, not just gaming.

Koh

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:18:26 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
You might be able to see all of them, but you can only FOCUS on one.  Think about looking at your laptop screen with a jug of juice on the edge of your peripheral vision.  You can't read any of the letters on the label or much less see it in focus.  It's there, but unless you give your attention to it, you can't actually make heads or tails of what it says.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 10:38:32 pm »
No
You might be able to see all of them, but you can only FOCUS on one.  Think about looking at your laptop screen with a jug of juice on the edge of your peripheral vision.  You can't read any of the letters on the label or much less see it in focus.  It's there, but unless you give your attention to it, you can't actually make heads or tails of what it says.

Not being able to read what it says does not mean you don't take information in. If that were the case we could all drive with the side of our vision chopped off and it wouldn't matter... He is able to move his head and focus on the different areas of each screen, giving him a wider field of vision like you would have in real life. Usually you would have to push additional buttons to move the perspective of the view.

I don't think this is worth it financially as a gaming rig (its quite overkill), but as a simulator I think its a pretty good setup.
  • Elliott Parkinson

Koh

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:41:03 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
Not being able to read what it says does not mean you don't take information in. If that were the case we could all drive with the side of our vision chopped off and it wouldn't matter... He is able to move his head and focus on the different areas of each screen, giving him a wider field of vision like you would have in real life. Usually you would have to push additional buttons to move the perspective of the view.

I don't think this is worth it financially as a gaming rig (its quite overkill), but as a simulator I think its a pretty good setup.
I suppose.  I was mostly thinking about the latter, as you pointed out, and all of the money poured into setting something like this up, to only accomplishing something so trivial.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 12:03:30 am »
I use 2 monitors and will never go back to just 1.  I can honestly say that I game on one and hold full conversations on IRC on the other.  It's actually how I stream my games as well.

3 monitors is no longer expensive.  For cheaper than a high end gpu, you can get 3 good LCD monitors.  When you get hardcore into multitasking , you'll love it when you go multi-monitor. ;)
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 01:11:34 am »
Well i just find it interesting how far computers have really come. back when i was younger my house had this big white clunker of a computer, ran windows 97, played runescape with all the friends watchin, and that was technology. im sure all the older people can go farther back than windows 97 but im still pretty young. having gotten into computers and realizing the full potential, i think its cool. i remember the first time i used an emulator to play a texture hacked brawl on my big flat screen.. it was awesome. but now im just going into nostalgia. i think its cool and has some awesome uses, but for playing COD or something, isnt that nessicary. ah well.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 04:39:57 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ich49iu8ME" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ich49iu8ME</a>

Who needs three screens to sit down a game?  I mean come on now, let's get for real.  Take notice on how much space that takes up on a desk.   In addition, it's not like you're actually observing at all three screens at once.  You'd only be able to focus on one at a time with your retina.  This is probably a love/hate ordeal where there's a split balance...I seriously just cannot grasp why this would be necessary in the world of gaming.

Who needs 8 buttons on the SNES controller I mean come on lets get for real. Take note of how much space those buttons take on the controller. In Addition it's not like you're pressing all 8 buttons at once. You'd probably only be able to hit a few at a time with your hands.  This is probably a love/hate ordeal where there's a split balance...I seriously just cannot grasp why this would be necessary in the world of gaming.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 04:53:03 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Who needs 8 buttons on the SNES controller I mean come on lets get for real. Take note of how much space those buttons take on the controller. In Addition it's not like you're pressing all 8 buttons at once. You'd probably only be able to hit a few at a time with your hands.  This is probably a love/hate ordeal where there's a split balance...I seriously just cannot grasp why this would be necessary in the world of gaming.

Apple really must be light years ahead!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 53 queries.