Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hidden Black Skin in AIM 6.1.xx.x!  (Read 930 times)

Hidden Black Skin in AIM 6.1.xx.x!
« on: August 26, 2007, 02:34:09 am »
Because i'm nice i'll share a secret with everyone. Is your desktop background/theme/whatever a darker theme and your AIM looks out of place? Say no more!

It's very simple to do, here is how you do it! (It also comes with a neat transition effect between colors!)

Go to this folder:

C:\Program Files\AIM6\services\imApp\ver6_1_41_2\content\bl

The bolded section MIGHT BE DIFFERENT. If you have an older or newer 6.1. However IT MUST BE 6.1 (so ver6_1_xx_x).

Find the file named "blGadgets.box", open it up in notepad. Ctrl + F for "theme/black". The first one you find will be this line:

<box:aolImageButton style="colorPickerItem" selectablePopupChild="true" focusMode="ignore" collapsed="true"
                                            icon="box://imApp/theme/black/images/icon_selector.png" s:fill="#a0a0a0"
                                            skinPath="box://aimToolkit/theme/black/brushes_default.box"
                                            on:command="setUserSkin('box://aimToolkit/theme/black/brushes_default.box');"/>

I bolded the important part. CHANGE collapsed="true" to collapsed="false". DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE IN THAT DOCUMENT.

Save and close it.

Now to turn on the cool transition! In the same folder, open up the file "bl.js" in notepad. Search for the following "var g_bNoSkinTransitions = true;", minus the quotes. Change true to false. Save. Again DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE.

Now restart aim. Click the color pallet, and the new icon!

This is a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood Gourry.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:02:15 pm by Gourry Inverse »
Re: Hidden Black Skin in AIM 6.1.xx.x!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:00:45 am »
  • n___n
Wasn't it you who also had that huge NO IMAGE HOTLINKING ALLOWED sign in your PI slot when we had personal icons? xD win.

That's pretty cool, but anyone who still uses the AIM client is a fool. Those things are so fuckin annoying what with their popup start pages and always asking for updates...just use Pidgin. For all your chat screenames on any service in one handy little window.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 05:10:57 am »
I don't use AIM, but cool. And yes, your code doesn't show bolded, only the tags, and no hotlinking it allowed on your images.
the a o d c
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:58:21 pm »
wait, i'm using waffleimages... how is it possible that i can see if hotlinked and you can't

Edit: blergh, right, cache. Reuploading in a second.

Edit Edit: Fixed
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:02:52 pm by Gourry Inverse »
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 01:04:53 am »
o__0

Woah, awesome!
*changes AIM skin to black*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 46 queries.

anything